• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has this World Cup turned you (non soccer fan) into a new soccer fan or at least understand/appreciate the sport more?

Has this World Cup turned you (non soccer fan) into a new soccer fan?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 70.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I was a fan already

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • I’ll never be a fan

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • It still doesn’t interest me

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • I’m still on the fence about the sport

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I’m looking into going to a match in the future

• Other

• Total voters
But you have internet, and games are available online.
Yeah, I know. Probably like hockey is, the sport of my choice which I watched every game of the home team every year since the 80's. Only it's a buffeting fest and not worth it so haven't been able to for the last 7 years. Not interested in it at all.

They don't stop the clock in soccer ever? Even with all the dives I've always heard about from EU/UK based discussions in the past? Ball going out of bounds?

I won't watch soccer. I can't, no regular TV.
They effectively do the same thing by adding stoppage time at the end. So if play was halted for 3 minutes due to injury or something, they will add 3 minutes. You don't really know how much time they're going to add until they add it.

Not really a world cup fan. I much rather watch Premiere League, La Liga, and Champions League. World Cup feels too much like the Olympics.

@Wakey and @Jangles the EPL returns this holiday weekend. Are you excited?

Also @PollyannaMom and @RedAngie , since you guys may have an interest in the sport, here is the EPL tv schedule for this holiday weekend/week. Americans will be playing in several of the matches as well. If you check each team’s roster for an upcoming match, you can see which teams will have American players playing in the upcoming matches. EPL is one of the most accessible leagues for Americans (and one of the best) since you can see the games on NBC/Universo/USA network/Peacock/Telemundo. MLS won’t start until February, so this is a great league to watch as a neutral fan until your local MLS plays.

https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures

@Wakey and @Jangles the EPL returns this holiday weekend. Are you excited?

Also @PollyannaMom and @RedAngie , since you guys may have an interest in the sport, here is the EPL tv schedule for this holiday weekend/week. Americans will be playing in several of the matches as well. If you check each team’s roster for an upcoming match, you can see which teams will have American players playing in the upcoming matches. EPL is one of the most accessible leagues for Americans (and one of the best) since you can see the games on NBC/Universo/USA network/Peacock/Telemundo. MLS won’t start until February, so this is a great league to watch as a neutral fan until your local MLS plays.

https://www.premierleague.com/fixtures
Thanks!

Scottish Premier League is showing right now on CBS Sports as well.

Ehhh maybe a little. My son is very interested and I caught a few things and got caught up in the craziness with everyone in Disney Springs and then we sat outside the Pele shop with popcorn and drinks watching the place get insane with people buying jerseys after the fact. It was fun and he will be 19 when Mexico, the US and Canada host the next one...so he wants to go and we have a place in Mexico, so I told him that if he needs someone to go with him, I wouldn't mind. LOL!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter