Has your child ever performed in Disney

caseydog

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I'm not sure which board to ask this question but thought this was a good start. I have been reading posts for months getting ready for our trip in December but this is my first question. My 11 year old daughter is performing in Disney on December 28 with her dance school. They are part of a program called Magic Music Days. From all the information we have received there are not any special privileges associated with this program. The children even have to use a day on their pass on the day of their performance. My question to any of you.... Have any of your children been part of this program and what was your experience? Thanks for any info. There are 25 other parents from this school wondering the same thing.

Back in 1988 I took a marching band to Epcot as part of Magic Music Days - back then they gave you admission for the day, as well as a food voucher for lunch. It was an exciting experience - we got to see backstage and marched out from behind Morocco and around to Mexico, with the announcer's voice booming out the school's name (and mine) at every performance stop. Lots o' fun!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My children haven't, but I did in '88. Like JustBob, I remember a food voucher. As for admission, I'm not sure...the adults handled all of that.

some of my daughters friends have gone with the school's chorus and yes, they had to pay to get in as well as the parents & chaperions (can't spell). They didn't get a break on anything. Also one of the parents who went up in her own car (not the school bus) went by the time that was printed on the schedule and it was wrong....she missed her daughter's performance..... hope this helps...

Thanks for the info..We still haven't got much information back from Disney but we were told that the school will have a Disney Coordinator to assist the girls during their stay. We can buy food vouchers at a discount price for the girls (not sure on the price...not that much of a discount) However, even without any "special privileges" for the girls, we are very excited to see them perform on stage in the Magic Kingdom. This is truely a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I marched in the parade with a Drum and Bugle Corps three times. We got in free every time. But that was in 1974 and 1980. The world's top drum corps also were there for the DCI World Championships in 1996 through 1998 and the corps' members that marched in the parade in EPCOT were able to explore the park for a few hours for free.

Dizzy-Disney4, where did you go to High School? My husband went to King Phillip in Wrentham MA and seems to think he was there in '87 or '88 with marching band as well. :-)

I was in the candlelight procesional(sp) years ago with my choir. Got in for free. It was neat to be behind the scene. We rehearsed in the building that held the floats for the parades. The floats were set up outside. It was held at the Magic Kingdom at the time. Loved the whole experience. I am sure your daughter will too.

My daughter performed with her High School marching band in Epcot 4 years ago.
The students were given a special breakfast and BBQ during their stay. They received Magic Music Days shirts and pins. The band participated in a special music clinic(with Disney musicians) and the colorguard(daughter part of this group) had a special dance session with Disney performers. It was a wonderful experience and the kids had a ball!

My daughter will be going in May 2002 to do a dance performance with her dance school. We are getting a package deal from Four Seasons Tours, Inc. located in Ocoee, Florida. Our package includes resort stay for three nights at the All Star Music, three meal coupons, 4 day hopper pass, admission to disney quest, t-shirt, pin, and disney transportation all for $279 per person regardless of age. We are responsible for our transportation from New Jersey to Walt Disney World and back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter