Has your Disney Store turned into a...

Originally posted by DisOrBust
According to those in the "know" on the rumors board it all part of EisnersSell more plush plan.

They're not that "in the know." It's not Eisner. It is Peter Whitford's plan to make the Disney Store excel in some area rather than try to be all things to all people. Plush is now the focus -- the theme is "Best at Plush." That's why you see so many styles and so many different things. TDS is supposed to be THE plush destination.

Large profits in princess are also expected this year -- thus the wall of pink so many of you see. Although how many princess castles and plush Maries can one person want?

I like the new direction because it saves me a lot of money.

Originally posted by DisneyFan09
I shopped there long before I had kids, but I don't see how staying out of the stores is going to help bring it back

I appreciate your thoughts DisneyFan09, but why go into TDS to buy something I have no need for?

I have two sons, they wouldn't appreciate the fact that I bought them home a Cinderella dress from TDS!

Plush....my boys are 12 and 13. They are long past the age of wanting plush.

I'll be damned if I'm going to spend money at TDS just to "bring it back" by buying items I don't need.

I have nbeen told that Disney keeps an ear to these boards so you would think that they would do something about the situation.

Originally posted by Blondie

I'll be damned if I'm going to spend money at TDS just to "bring it back" by buying items I don't need.

That's not what I said or meant! I just mean that staying out of the stores is not the most effective way to make your complaints heard!! Write or email somebody at Disney about your feelings, you never know it might help. If people don't speak up Disney is going to think that what they are doing is fine with everyone.

The changes at the Disney Store haven't affected me too much because I only go in there to buy things for my 2 year old daughter. I used to buy the snowglobes, figurinest, etc. but I don't have room for them any more and they are all in boxes in a spare room. The store has actually saved me alot of money not selling that stuff anymore!

Now they all look like slobs, with their big shirts untucked. No one even says hi to you anymore.

Well gee I was unaware that I looked like a slob and that I never say HI... but apparently ALL of us look like slobs and NO ONE says HI... *sigh*

Not sure what good was supposed to come of insulting CMs???

Originally posted by cinmell
The store has actually saved me alot of money not selling that stuff anymore!

Isn't that the truth!

My TDS never even sold Mickey Antenna Tops OR Pins! Sheesh!

Now it's a Princess/Plush Store.

Oh well...I guess I'll save my spending for when I'm actually in WDW! It's more fun to spend money there anyway!

Originally posted by KathiWithAnI
Well gee I was unaware that I looked like a slob and that I never say HI... but apparently ALL of us look like slobs and NO ONE says HI... *sigh*

Sorry you feel insulted....the CM's in my store still dress appropriately, albeit not in the Disney sweaters like they used to...but still nice. :D

Originally posted by KathiWithAnI

kathiWithAnI: I'm not sure what post that quote came from, but whoever posted it is not a very nice person. Regardless of what anyone thinks of TDS or the merchandise, it is unfair to rag on the CM's in that manner, it certainly is not their fault as to what the stores are selling/not selling and what they are required to wear.
And I too DO NOT look like a slob or not address people when they come into the store!

Certainly there are always exceptions to the rule, but the CM's I've met are terrific, friendly, outgoing, well groomed people.

It is really tough sometimes to keep a happy face when your greeting gets ignored by people coming into the store, or while you are being verbally abused about a company policy.

Remember, we all care about Disney and our guests -- if we didn't, we wouldn't get our feathers ruffled over stuff like this.

Sorry, I don't have time to read through all the posts so don't know what is happening as far as a sub-topic, but to answer the OP, my local DS turned into a Pooh/Princess store a while back. I never even noticed it happening...it just did :confused:

Yikes! I have to say I always get greeted when I go into TDS. In fact, at times I feel rather hunted since there are hardly ever any other customers in there and usually 2 if not more CM's just puttering around hoping that somebody will wander in that they can sell a Princess costume to ..... then I feel really embarrassed leaving so quickly.

Unfortunately it usually doesn't take more than a quick 40 second trip through the store to find out that there is nothing there that interests me. I wanted a new Mickey watch 2 weeks ago and had to go to Sears to buy one. :(

yeah I know -- I should write. But quite honestly I have enough to do with my life without having to spend my time telling Disney Marketing how to do their job.

I figure somebody must be buying that stuff - I don't know who - but somebody must be.

I always get greeted/talked to by the CM's!

You certainly can't blame them for what TDS decides to carry or not carry as a product line.

lol...most of them probably think the same thing we do!

KathiWithAnI - Thank you for responding to the slob comment!! I've started to several times but found myself with nothing to say that didn't include a cuss word or two and we can't have that!!

There has never been a guest that has entered our door without getting a very cheerful greeting!! And as far as my appearance goes, I like to think I look very neat and tidy!! For gosh sakes, I've never even put my shirt in the dryer for fear of it fading!!

I've heard that people in Ohio aren't as friendly as others but I do have to say that a prerequisite for employment at TDS is a friendly, upbeat, positive and loyal disposition!! Oh, and a neat appearance!! :)

Just got back from the Mishawaka store and it was very depressing. The only reason to go is for the DGDs. No pins, no adult t-shirts and just a very few snowglobes. Won't be going just for the Disney Store anymore.

Here is the address that you can send letters to:

Disney Store, Inc.
Attn: Guest Services
101 N. Brand Blvd, Suite 1000
Glendale, CA 91203
fax (818) 240-1979

This address was posted several months ago on another board in this forum. If you are unhappy with the stores so much, send them a letter! And remember, it will take awhile to change, as retail orders product months in advance (ever notice how fashion houses have their spring shows early the following fall?)

As to the slob comment, I am not a slob. One of my long sleeve DS shirts has side slits, and we ladies are premited to wear the shirt untucked. This was a godsend to me last month, after having surgery (I had two incisions made on my stomach, one right at my belly button) and tucking the shirt in made the pants tighter. I also hate wearing a belt & must when the shirt is tucked in. I prefer the sweater & shorts, but I have no say in the matter. I say hello to everyone I encounter to the best of my ability. I frankly don't believe in "pestering" the guest, b/c I hate it when people do that to me. As for the store being all plush and princess, the entire middle section of our store in "Adventurers" and Toy Story - all for boys. :earsboy:

Semper Fi ~

Originally posted by ChefBilly
Two points...

1. Those DISers in the southern New Hampshire area... Keep your eye on Salem this summer. That's all I can say. If confronted, I will deny ever mentioning this. :p ;) :p

2. Does anyone know if TDS in Burlington still has art? I heard a while ago that it was the only one in the area that still had the good stuff. True? Or is it, too, a Pink Princess Land?

What about the one on Route 9 in Natick?? Is it still there? What's it like?

Thanks!

The Rt.9 Natick store HAS CLOSED as of last week. And I am MORE than bummed. It was the largest Disney Store in Massachusetts... it's moving to the mall I hear... right next door... but it had the BEST location, I thought. (5 minutes away from me = the best location!!)

Thank you Doombuggy, there will certainly be a letter on its way from here.

I not for one minute blame the cm's. This is someone high up who is doing nothing more than bean counting. The fact is, yes, a lot of what sells at Disney is for kids. Unavoidable, and completely understandable. But, it is the adults who are buying the items, and there needs to be items that are attractive to the adults as well. And NOT plain tees/sweatshirts with the primary characters across the front either. One of our favorite places to shop in DD is Disney at Home. Our second most favorite place is the north(?away from PI) half of World of Disney. We really look forward to time and money spent there.

That's what makes the cruises as attractive too, they have an entire STORE shipboard of nothing but true adult disney wear. The kind of product that SHOULD be in the stores.

2. Does anyone know if TDS in Burlington still has art? I heard a while ago that it was the only one in the area that still had the good stuff. True? Or is it, too, a Pink Princess Land?

What about the one on Route 9 in Natick?? Is it still there? What's it like?

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rt.9 Natick store HAS CLOSED as of last week. And I am MORE than bummed. It was the largest Disney Store in Massachusetts... it's moving to the mall I hear... right next door... but it had the BEST location, I thought. (5 minutes away from me = the best location!!)

Natick closed on March 10. They will be remodeling and reopening in the Natick Mall sometime in October. Natick was one of the few left in the country that had art. Now the only way to get art is either the few other gallery stores still left or online. The closest stores still open are Marlboro and Burlington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter