• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion expanding

mdmost

DIS Veteran

Nice! Would really enjoy more theming in longer sections of the queue. Especially since so much of the time the queue ends up winding around outside the HM where there is nothing to see. Only bad part will be having construction all around the HM for who know how long.

Nice! Would really enjoy more theming in longer sections of the queue. Especially since so much of the time the queue ends up winding around outside the HM where there is nothing to see. Only bad part will be having construction all around the HM for who know how long.
Ironically, I could see this new Q not opening until it's HMH next year

Unless DIsney is going to move quicker on this then other projects but feels like something that will take at least 8 months

Ironically, I could see this new Q not opening until it's HMH next year

Unless DIsney is going to move quicker on this then other projects but feels like something that will take at least 8 months
Agreed. I think it opens in late August or early September to handle the Holiday overlay crowds.

I was thinking back to the last time I was there and what occupied that area where the shop will go. I believe it was just a small opening where you could park some strollers. They're really going to maximize that space because that's also where the queue ends for Splash>soon to be Tiana. Memento Mori isn't very large at WDW.

I like this idea. Seems like it’s converting the old HM and Splash FastPass areas, which are currently unused/underused. And it’ll hopefully mean that the queue for haunted mansion no longer needs to be a series of ropes through the park area. Good use of space all around.

Kind of like Pelican Landing, a relatively small project, but a great design to make more usable space out of an underutilized area. Not sure if it’s the same people, but whoever’s in charge of planning in the New Orleans Square area is really doing a great job with use of limited space.

I was thinking back to the last time I was there and what occupied that area where the shop will go.
If I read the concept art correctly, the Haunted Mansion shop (Carriage House) is going to be built at the current exit. It’s the old splash FastPass distribution, which currently has a somewhat awkwardly placed HM merchandise cart.

Nice! They've needed to do this. At MK, they had built the queue enhancements and Memento Mori a while ago. I am definitely looking forward to then enhancements.

Here is the story:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ail-shop-coming-to-disneyland-resort-in-2024/

It states:

Construction on these additions will begin in January 2024. We will take the opportunity to help improve the accessibility of these areas which includes a new elevator exit from the Haunted Mansion for guests with disabilities.

My question to the board: Do you think Haunted Mansion construction will start in January when they take the holiday overlay and there will a refurb that extend a while in 2024? How long do we think the refurb will last?

Here is the story:

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ail-shop-coming-to-disneyland-resort-in-2024/

It states:

Construction on these additions will begin in January 2024. We will take the opportunity to help improve the accessibility of these areas which includes a new elevator exit from the Haunted Mansion for guests with disabilities.

My question to the board: Do you think Haunted Mansion construction will start in January when they take the holiday overlay and there will a refurb that extend a while in 2024? How long do we think the refurb will last?
My guess would be a few extra weeks or a a few months

I assume they can build this and have the ride open but at the start/end of the project the ride will be closed and since HMH happens it wont be that bad at the end because the rids closes in August anyway

Here is the story:

It states:

That seems like it would make the most sense, instead of closing it, opening it for a week just to close it down again.

Here is the story:

It states:

I don't think any of the outside work will take the ride down as it's not the actual entrance that's being redone like Pirates had. The new elevator for guests with disabilities could possibly extend the downtime but I'd assume they'll try to synch up starting that when the ride goes down for the transition back to the normal ride in January. I don't know how long adding an elevator might take but that also appears to be something that might be done outside of normal operating hours.

Here is the story:

It states:

Love the extra accessibility.

I can see them starting construction during the removal of the overlay. Maybe an extended downtime in January-February for the elevator part? If I understand their post correctly both the Plaza and the new queue will go into the space between Tiana's Palace and Haunted Mansion, kinda merging those areas a bit better. If so then I don't think it will take more than a few months, the outdoors change is essentially landscape.

1693333378556.png

I can see them starting construction during the removal of the overlay. Maybe an extended downtime in January-February for the elevator part? If I understand their post correctly both the Plaza and the new queue will go into the space between Tiana's Palace and Haunted Mansion, kinda merging those areas a bit better. If so then I don't think it will take more than a few months, the outdoors change is essentially landscape.

Yeah, but this is Disney we're talking about.... 😁

Last edited:

View attachment 789125
Thanks for the aerial picture. Now I can see the total enchancements better.

Why is this needed (probably to make a HM retail location near the attraction)? Didn't they just remove things in this area to make the walkways more open, so now they add things to make walkways smaller?

Thanks for the aerial picture. Now I can see the total enchancements better.
No problem! Now that I look at the concept art again, I am positive that this wall here in the Plaza is supposed to be the wall dividing the new queue. Like, not that exact wall in the queue picture, but the brick style is the same.

Either way both look very nice.

1693333688076.png1693333733433.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter