Haunted Mansion Holiday ends??

PatMcDuck

DIS Veteran
When do they usually close this to remove the NBC overlay? Planning a trip in January, maybe, and would love to catch it, because my daughter has never seen it (we are from east coast). I have been looking all over for this information and cannot seem to find it. Of course it can vary, just wondering historically when it has occurred.

PS looks like it is usually January 6th??

Thanks all!

Last edited:
The Disney website says until 10/31, but I remember riding it Christmas, and I do remember that it does usually does go until early January, but unsure how far into January it goes. January 6th you might catch the very end of the overlay.

I think it goes through the first week in January since it's more of a xmas ride than a Halloween ride. We've ridden it in early January before anyway.

Most typically, the day after Three Kings Day (Epiphany), which is the first Monday after New Years Day. It will go down for 2 weeks.

Usually, HMH goes down right after the end of Holiday Time. IASWH will stay up until HM comes back. After HM returns, IASWH will go down for the removal of its holiday overlay. For the best chance of seeing HMH in January, visit before the end of Holiday Time.

As others have said, there isn't a set date. Rather it typically goes down after the Holiday season ends. These were last operating dates from the last several years:
1/6/19
1/7/18
1/8/17
1/10/16
1/11/15

If you have to plan in advance, I would aim to go before January 6, 2020 to be safe. Last year, they staggered the end dates of some of the holiday offerings. The official season ended on the 6th, but a few things over in DCA remained until the 8th. It seems possible that would happen again this year given that Three Kings day is a Monday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter