Haunted Mansion Holiday

Safari Steve

D23 Expo Here I Come!!!
I've been told that while we are still slated to get the treatment here at WDW, Disneyland may have an exclusive on it for one more year (seems fair to me, we had an exclusive on the 3-D movies for longer than that). October 2003 may see the debut at WDW.

I had also heard there were some problems in bringing it to WDW because the rides are so different. Therefore, it couldn't be an exact carbon copy of the DL version.

They're not THAT different... Especially given that the overlay is primarily 2D cutouts. I think Steve's guess seems more logical.

I would love to see the new version!

They aren't too different as far as the attractions themselves - mainly in the beginning and the very end.

We LOVED Nightmare at the HM in DL - it was so cool and such a great twist on an old favorite!!!

I wouldn't be opposed to dressing Its a Small World up for Christmas like they do in DL - given that the buildings are so extrememly different I don't think it would have the same affect though.

Melissa

Im really looking forward to seeing this when we go to DL, from what i have read it sounds great.

I guess 2003 is better than never!

Lisa:cool:

We saw Nightmare last year at DL. It was fantastic. We all loved it. I would see it again in a heartbeat. Would love to see some of the things they have there at WDW.

We loved the HMH. The best part was the original elements of the attraction all got some much needed love and attention and the show now looks better than ever.

As for it moving to the MK-East it would be great if they could come up with a slightly different story line so people would be encouraged to ride both attractions.

Spooky Stephen,

It wouldn't be a permanent change would it? I am perhaps being nostalgic, however I feel HM is one of the attractions that "can withstand the rigors of time".Please help Steve.

Don't worry GrimGhost, this is an overlay that lasts only from October to the end of December (more or less). It, like the Small World overlay, makes a nice change from the old favorite and often gets those who would avoid the same old thing to go on the ride again and again...

Sarangel

Yes, it's for the season. I went to DL in May and rode the HM, and it was the same ride I have grown to love!

Yuk. :rolleyes:

This sounds like Ted Turner colorizing movie classics. Not having been to DL to see it in person, I can only imagine. Maybe it's cute, but I'd really like to see the WDW HM stay just as it's always been - as long as it's operational. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter