• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haunted Mansion NBC Overlay Closure 2016

Oh boy, do I hope so!!! We arrive on the 9th and my birthday is the 11th. This is my first time at DL and I'm a Halloween FANATIC! This would be the best thing ever!

I really wish Disneyland would announce things further in advance. I had no idea the HM closed in late August for the holiday overlay. I already purchased my flights and Airbnb for my DL trip August 24th and 25th. I'm super bummed I won't get to go on the ride, I haven't been to Disneyland since 2007 :(

I really wish Disneyland would announce things further in advance. I had no idea the HM closed in late August for the holiday overlay. I already purchased my flights and Airbnb for my DL trip August 24th and 25th. I'm super bummed I won't get to go on the ride, I haven't been to Disneyland since 2007 :(
IKR!! I nearly did that this time! Now I bumped it up to the 14th and the only flights from Newark Airport to LAX are at 5:30 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I'll get to start my vacation early!

IKR!! I nearly did that this time! Now I bumped it up to the 14th and the only flights from Newark Airport to LAX are at 5:30 AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I'll get to start my vacation early!
If I hadn't already purchased the flights, I would be changing dates. Too late now. Thanks, Shanghai!

If I hadn't already purchased the flights, I would be changing dates. Too late now. Thanks, Shanghai!
Shanghai doesn't have anything to do with the annual closure of Haunted Mansion to have the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay installed.

Shanghai doesn't have anything to do with the annual closure of Haunted Mansion to have the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay installed.
It was only meant to be a joke. My sarcastic sense of humor must not translating well to message boards. ;)

Last edited:

That's what these boards are for: to help you make the best plans for your trip and get the scoop beforehand! Glad you were able to change your dates. At least you'll be able to sleep on your flight and hit the ground running. :)

That's what these boards are for: to help you make the best plans for your trip and get the scoop beforehand! Glad you were able to change your dates. At least you'll be able to sleep on your flight and hit the ground running. :)
Not only that but it gives us a whole extra day! We could spend the morning at Santa Monica during rush hour though cuz If normal traffic is how it was when I got there last year....I'd hate to see what rush hour traffic is like

I always presumed it stood for Disney daughter, Disney son, etc :-).
On HydroGuy's Abbreviation list he has the first "D" standing for Dear, Darling or Disney. I've always just assumed it was pretty much any endearment/title that began with "D" and could mean whichever one the poster wanted. Mostly, however, as bcwife76 said, I've seen it mean "Dear" on other message boards.

Does anyone know (at least historically) when it closes to take the overlay down?
It usually goes down for removal of the holiday overlay pretty soon after the end of the Holiday season; so typically in early-January. Last year it's last day was Sunday, January 10 (it re-opened on Friday, Jan 22, 2016).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter