Haunted Mansion New Photopass Photo!

Look forward to grabbing this photo on our mid May trip.

Absolute favorite ride since I was just a little one. I would have expected a photo pass portrait a long time ago as this ride perfectly lends itself to that. Looking forward to it!!

I’m looking forward to this as well. Is the Hitchhiking Ghosts photo op still available outside the Mansion?

I went on the ride last weekend and didn’t get a picture :( is it hit or miss to get it? All our other pictures from the trip showed up

This started on April 13, so there may have been technical issues.
It actually started just a smidge earlier, on April 2. I only know that because we were shocked to see it in memory Maker that night, and several websites reported that it premiered on the 2nd.

It actually started just a smidge earlier, on April 2. I only know that because we were shocked to see it in memory Maker that night, and several websites reported that it premiered on the 2nd.
The official release from Disney said the 13th, so guessing the earlier ones were a test.

The official release from Disney said the 13th, so guessing the earlier ones were a test.
Yeah, I guess the official celebratory day was 4/13. It tested positive for us 4/2 x 2, 4/4 before and during DAH x 3. So we were 5 for 5 successful during the test.

I went on the ride last weekend and didn’t get a picture :( is it hit or miss to get it? All our other pictures from the trip showed up

This started on April 13, so there may have been technical issues.

That makes sense we went on it on the 13th.

Contact the PhotoPass people via the link for Lost Photos on the website. They've been wonderful finding photos for me over the years, or telling me that yes, there were technical issues and the photos weren't taken.

I’m looking forward to this as well. Is the Hitchhiking Ghosts photo op still available outside the Mansion?
It was in early April, but the HM photographers were knocking off before dark on the days that we went... Like maybe 6pm? I thought that particular magic shot might be better in the dark, but maybe the area isn't well lit enough?

Woo hoo!!! :woohoo: My son says he wants to ride this when we go in June. I showed him a video on YouTube and he said it didn't look too scary at all. I explained to him it really isn't. It's more of a "Disney scary". :earseek: :laughing:
My kids went on it last year at ages 2 and 4 and loved it. It was their favourite ride.

Am I reading things correctly that there's no option to get the photo unless you have a Magic Band?

We are doing DAH on May 9th and will have Memory Maker for the day but no Magic Bands.

Am I reading things correctly that there's no option to get the photo unless you have a Magic Band?

We are doing DAH on May 9th and will have Memory Maker for the day but no Magic Bands.

Yes, you read correctly. I believe all ride photos require the Magicband so the photos can be captured. If I'm wrong, hopefully someone will correct me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter