Haunted mansion. People do this?!

mousesweetie

I sometimes make up words and expect people to kno
This doesn't bother me at all. HM is the perfect place. For me it would be the Fountain of Nations in Epcot. If Disney would really allow it, I'd make it my final request.

Well, I've never read that before, but I did read & never commented about someone going to the Poly & bringing their fathers remains....my assumption is that they were going to spread the ashes someone there-I think this is totally WRONG. My kids along with myself walk the beach & grass barefoot from time to time & the thought of that freaks me out. We just came back & we did no barefoot walking this trip. I think if this is something that happens & Disney knows it they should have certain places for it-I'm sure it's tough to control but I think that it is a bit inconsiderate to do. I love Disney but I think it's just wrong. My opinion!

Disney has been missing a HUGE opportunity for profit, by not building a Disney Cemetery. :)

Disney has been missing a HUGE opportunity for profit, by not building a Disney Cemetery. :)

Especially if they had under ground urns...like the sidewalk where you could purchase your name & residence....have some that actually go in to the ground-good money could be made I'm sure.

Yes, and tombstones. I'd want Figment on mine. I could see people ordering Jack, HM ones, and other sorts of characters or themes. Even Mr. Toad like the one in the pet cemetery they have at the exit. Have I put too much thought into this?

I have heard of this happening at Pirates too. The problem is that people don't think it though, if they scatter their loved ones ashes inside an attraction, it will get noticed, then the ride will have to be shut down and the ashes cleaned out and deposited in the trash, where they will end up in a landfill :sad2: I don't think most people want their loved ones eternal resting spot be a garbage dump!

I have heard of this happening at Pirates too. The problem is that people don't think it though, if they scatter their loved ones ashes inside an attraction, it will get noticed, then the ride will have to be shut down and the ashes cleaned out and deposited in the trash, where they will end up in a landfill :sad2: I don't think most people want their loved ones eternal resting spot be a garbage dump!

Is it a Disney landfill? Sadly, I'd still be happy with that. Anywhere there is Disney history.

Maybe they could offer memorial stones. They could place them around HM and ToT and then loved ones could still be a part of Disney.

Okay, I'm going to stop thinking about death now. I'm leaving for Disney in less then an hour. Thinking happy thoughts.

Yeah, but if you dump it in water, there's nothing to clean up. :)

For me, it would be the water around Cinderella's Castle!!! That way I would eternally be at the Castle.

Being buried in the HM´s cemetery would be so cool... I love HM. But having your ashes scattered on the floor, ugh!

The Seven Seas Lagoon is awefully large and I am sure that there would be tons of spots that are not supervised at all times. ;)

From what I have heard (rumor only) Disney does not clean up ashes and put them into a landfill. I heard that there is a special protocall for handling this type of cleanup.

Some people don't seemed to be bothered by this, but if I was the worker & I came across them I'd dump them in the nearest garbage-now if Disney has a place for them then that's where people should put them. I have nothing against people wanting to be there forever-heck I'd like it myself but let's face it people go there for vacations & not to stumble across another persons remains.

I've heard of people doing this-- I don't think it's thaaaat big of a deal. I mean I wouldn't want someone dumping the remains on the floor of my hotel room-- but putting it in water or a huge ride like HM doesn't affect me really..lol

I had a friend once who stood on some moutain and tossed her father's cremains into the air-- but the wind changed and the ashes went all over her and even in her mouth-- now THAT grosses me out... :eek:

As far as the water rides and people dumping them there. Uhm don't they like drain the water and stuff on downtime once a year? Like on Splash every January? :confused3 And if so, wouldn't their beloved's ashes be going down the drain? IDK I just wouldn't want my remains going down the drain lol.
Then there are people who bottle up water from those rides bc they love the smell of it or whatever..lol they would have the persons ashes in there possibly. ew. lol

As far as the water rides and people dumping them there. Uhm don't they like drain the water and stuff on downtime once a year? Like on Splash every January? :confused3 And if so, wouldn't their beloved's ashes be going down the drain? IDK I just wouldn't want my remains going down the drain lol.
Then there are people who bottle up water from those rides bc they love the smell of it or whatever..lol they would have the persons ashes in there possibly. ew. lol

Anywhere you dump ashes they will be washed away. :confused3 In any case, I would love to be part of WDW for eternity. Now if that could just be on Space Mountain.... :)

-Kevin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter