Haunted Mansion Refurb Begins January 22.

The rumor that I heard is that it won't come back up until it is time for HM Holiday, which would be unfortunate. I would hope they could do the parts that require closure a bit faster. Things like the gift shop and exterior queue should be able to be worked on afterward witht he ride operating.

The rumor that I heard is that it won't come back up until it is time for HM Holiday, which would be unfortunate. I would hope they could do the parts that require closure a bit faster. Things like the gift shop and exterior queue should be able to be worked on afterward witht he ride operating.
I have heard the same thing. I am now thinking of going in late August for Halloween Time and my bday is then as opposed to late July/early August (when I thought HM would be back). As much as I love the regular HM, I have not been to DL during Halloween season since October 2016 and I think it is time. Late August all of the kids are back at school so I wont have to deal with that as opposed to July and early August.

Oh, I hope it isn't that long! I'll be there in the beginning of April and it's one of the only cool rides I can go on.

I haven’t heard any credible sources report that it will be down until fall. I just can’t see them having HM and Splash or Tiana’s (or whatever we’re calling right now) sitting side by side and closed for most of the year.

I also don’t see why the ride would need to be closed through the majority of the construction period. Isn’t the majority of work additional queue space and a gift shop?

I haven’t heard any credible sources report that it will be down until fall. I just can’t see them having HM and Splash or Tiana’s (or whatever we’re calling right now) sitting side by side and closed for most of the year.

I also don’t see why the ride would need to be closed through the majority of the construction period. Isn’t the majority of work additional queue space and a gift shop?
The work also includes a new ADA complaint elevator and ADA access into the attraction. You cannot have HM up while that is being built. I can see DL, unfortunately, closing HM until August 23 when HMH opens because of the ADA project and the queue construction.

The Rumors of it being gone for a year would be INSANE, like just insane

While I'm happy they are working on the Q...sucks that both this and Splash are down for most of next year....Plus we all know small world will be down a little the start of the year, Matterhorn normally has to go down in the start of the year...Indy at some point as well

Next year seems to be a big Refurb year for Disneyland

The Rumors of it being gone for a year would be INSANE, like just insane

While I'm happy they are working on the Q...sucks that both this and Splash are down for most of next year....Plus we all know small world will be down a little the start of the year, Matterhorn normally has to go down in the start of the year...Indy at some point as well

Next year seems to be a big Refurb year for Disneyland
I would not be surprised if the regular HM is gone for 1 year. 2025 is the 70th. I am sure DL wants to do as many refurbs before the 70th celebrations start.

I would not be surprised if the regular HM is gone for 1 year. 2025 is the 70th. I am sure DL wants to do as many refurbs before the 70th celebrations start.
I also have a suspicion HM might be down until the overlay starts again in late-August. I hope I'm wrong.

The biggest reason I suspect HM will not come back before Halloweentime is because of how the parks are being operated right now - save as much money as possible. Hypothetically, if HM is ready to re-open in April or May, are they really going to pay to remove the overlay for only about 3 months? I'm skeptical. This is the reason I think they might just keep it closed until late-August.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. That's a massive amount of capacity to have offline in that part of the park with Splash already being closed.

I also have a suspicion HM might be down until the overlay starts again in late-August. I hope I'm wrong.

The biggest reason I suspect HM will not come back before Halloweentime is because of how the parks are being operated right now - save as much money as possible. Hypothetically, if HM is ready to re-open in April or May, are they really going to pay to remove the overlay for only about 3 months? I'm skeptical. This is the reason I think they might just keep it closed until late-August.

Again, I hope I'm wrong. That's a massive amount of capacity to have offline in that part of the park with Splash already being closed.

Yeah, that's why I think the rumor is believable. True, it may not be the case, but if they just extend through the HMH opening, they don't have to remove the overlay.

Counterpoint, why would they want to reduce capacity for summer if it is ready to open?? There are so many things on that corner, it's a popular corner of the park. With both HM & Splash/Tiana down for the summer I would think that the amount of guests on that section would go elsewhere, making the rest of the park more congested & possibly reducing sales of food and merchandise.

It seems like a dumb choice to me but we shall see xD

Counterpoint, why would they want to reduce capacity for summer if it is ready to open?? There are so many things on that corner, it's a popular corner of the park. With both HM & Splash/Tiana down for the summer I would think that the amount of guests on that section would go elsewhere, making the rest of the park more congested & possibly reducing sales of food and merchandise.

It seems like a dumb choice to me but we shall see xD
I agree 100% - it would be a nonsensical decision to close it all summer. They do a lot of things nowadays that don't make much sense, unfortunately. All of those people that would be riding HM - one of the highest capacity rides in the entire resort - will have to be doing OTHER things and all of those LL guests will be using up slots on other rides.

I'm noticing today that "other" DL news outlets/blogs are running with the rumor that regular HM might be closed all year until the holiday overlay. Is DL leaking this to lay the groundwork for the ultimate announcement?

I agree 100% - it would be a nonsensical decision to close it all summer. They do a lot of things nowadays that don't make much sense, unfortunately. All of those people that would be riding HM - one of the highest capacity rides in the entire resort - will have to be doing OTHER things and all of those LL guests will be using up slots on other rides.

I'm noticing today that "other" DL news outlets/blogs are running with the rumor that regular HM might be closed all year until the holiday overlay. Is DL leaking this to lay the groundwork for the ultimate announcement?
Most likely that could be happening. I expect the regular Haunted Mansion to come back in late January 2025/early February 2025. I also think that for the 70th celebration, the HMH overlay may take a break. Why? Lots of money will be spent on HM in 2024. The regular HM will be gone for a year and there will be demand for the regular HM with the new shop. I do think the HM will be decorated for Halloween with traditional pumpkins and the like and a special HM birthday cake because the HM is 55 in August 2024.

I have become friends with a HM cast member over the years from riding it. Always stop to chat when we see her there. I saw her last weekend and she said she was told to expect it to be closed from Jan - May (although she fully thought it could slip to June) and to expect to be in her other location during that time.

Yeah, that's why I think the rumor is believable. True, it may not be the case, but if they just extend through the HMH opening, they don't have to remove the overlay.
Are we sure that they don't need to remove the overlay in any event to carry out all the refurbishment tasks they have planned? Wouldn't a refurb be done on the standard condition of the ride?

I also agree with others who've said it would be a major issue to have HM down all summer.

I was going to panic until I actually used my eyes to READ. I'm going to WDW and this is for Disneyland. Silly me!
With all the money Disney takes in, they should really install a Star Trek Transporter at the entrance of the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland. This will take you to the WDW Haunted Mansion until the refurbishment is over at Disneyland.

The Tiana entrance should have already installed a Star Trek Transporter to Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountain.

I'd even be okay with a Dr. Who Tardis.

Are we sure that they don't need to remove the overlay in any event to carry out all the refurbishment tasks they have planned? Wouldn't a refurb be done on the standard condition of the ride?

I also agree with others who've said it would be a major issue to have HM down all summer.

I don't know that the refurb extends to show elements. It is just the queue, new ADA elevator, and gift shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter