Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

This is one of the best threads I've seen in a long time. Thank you sooooo much for the wonderful info. I really appreciate it.

Agreed! Thank you SO much for all of your help! I'm so excited for the Olaf shot....the kids will be so happy if we are able to get that magic shot!

So are we not supposed to ask for them? Like I would really really like the chip one ad he's my favourite character....

Subscribing, & planning to take a list of magic shots on our trip to help us remember ones we want to try & get. Thanks for the tips!

So are we not supposed to ask for them? Like I would really really like the chip one ad he's my favourite character....

I should have worded it differently. What we wouldn't mind is when someone like you comes up (hopefully in one of the approved locations) and asks nicely especially if you love Chip. What we hate is when someone comes up and says, "We want the Chip magic shot now." It feels so demanding. What I have noticed is that a lot of people see us as robots who do what ever they want. We are people and we appreciate it when someone asks nicely.

If you love Chip, go for it. If the photographer can't do it, it's mostly likely because A. it's not the right location (see above for the approved Chip areas) or B. the photographer is walking to or from a break and is in a hurry to get somewhere. Just say please!

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! Let me know if you have more questions.

Subscribing, & planning to take a list of magic shots on our trip to help us remember ones we want to try & get. Thanks for the tips!

No prob! Just remember to ask nicely! Sometime they will do one without you even realizing it or asking. Just as another reference, here are the most common magic shots I notice when helping people in the view stations:

1. Tink (in various forms from the parks)
2. Stitch in the ground
3. Simba
4. Chip
5. Butterfly releases

Other than that, the rest tend to be less used. All though we are told to always try and get a magic shot with every family interaction, that doesn't always happen. There are plenty of people who never get them (including memory maker people...). Personally, I try to get one per child in group. I don't usually do ones for adults unless they ask since some think it's too weird or just want a nice icon picture. Also, there tends to be a huge language barrier since many of our guests don't speak a word of English and I know very little Spanish and no Portuguese (the two most common foreign languages).

Long story short, you should make sure to ask (as nicely as possible).

Also, when walking around with the list, make sure to mention you didn't hear it from me!

So I had been toying with the idea of getting memory maker but this thread just sold me on it! Thank you so much for sharing this information! :goodvibes

And for every rude person you have to deal with there are many more who are grateful for what you do so thank you! :hug:

I guess I'm a little slow here, but what's the difference in Memory Maker and Photo Pass or are they the same thing? :confused3 I have always pre-purchased the Photo Pass and love it.

:thumbsup2

I guess I'm a little slow here, but what's the difference in Memory Maker and Photo Pass or are they the same thing? :confused3 I have always pre-purchased the Photo Pass and love it.

:thumbsup2

Photopass is the general name for the photo products. For example, I am a Photopass photographer because I take pictures for the system. You can buy individual products online or in person like prints, downloads, photobooks, etc.

Photopass+ (which I assuming you are talking about) was a product that you could pre-purchase or buy in the parks. You would collect photos with a red photopass card on a lanyard. Photopass+ would include all normal photos from the park, attraction photos, digital copies of resort/dining photos, and a print of the resort/dining photos. At the end of your trip you would edit your photos and then get mailed a CD/DVD of everything. You also got the gallery CD of the stock photos taken around the park. That product no longer exists, although it is honored if you pre-purchased it in advance.

Memory Maker replaces Photopass+ and is essentially the same thing. You get a white card with Mr. or Mrs. Incredible on it. You can also link it to your magic band if you are a resort guest or if you buy one in the parks. The big differences between the two are:
1. You no longer get the physically printed package at the resort/dining restaurants.
2. You no longer get the gallery disk.
3. Instead of a CD, you can download all the photos to your computer when you are done.

Besides that, they are the same.

I do get guests who ask me ALL the time if I am "One of those memory maker people" or "Do you take memory maker pictures." My favorite comment, as they approach me for the photos is, "Oh, by the way, we have memory maker." The answers to those are "Yes, although I am a human not a product," "Yes, everyone, literally anyone with a camera at Disney, does," and "That's nice, but I don't really need to know that."

I don't really say that by the way.

Thank you again for helping so many of us, because I needed it. I have purchased MM but have yet to receive my card to link to my Magicbands. Since we will have the ability to download the pics on our pcs, does this mean we can print from home or another print method (ie CVS)?

Thank you again for helping so many of us, because I needed it. I have purchased MM but have yet to receive my card to link to my Magicbands. Since we will have the ability to download the pics on our pcs, does this mean we can print from home or another print method (ie CVS)?

Yes, you can do either. You will own the rights to those photos so you can do whatever you want with them once they are downloaded. As for the MM card, I would call reservations because that process is all done through vacation planning and guest relations.

Here's my question, not sure if you (the photographer) is the right person to ask, or maybe just someone who has traveled with a group can answer.

I am about to purchase MM. In my group are myself, DH, and DS on one ressie; DS, DIL on another res; and DS, DIL, and 2 grands on another res. They are ALL on my family and friends list.

The MM will be linked to my MDE and my MB. So when they get their pictures taken and I am NOT with them, will those pictures go onto my MM? I can't be everywhere with everyone, but I DO want all their pics and memories!

Here's my question, not sure if you (the photographer) is the right person to ask, or maybe just someone who has traveled with a group can answer.

I am about to purchase MM. In my group are myself, DH, and DS on one ressie; DS, DIL on another res; and DS, DIL, and 2 grands on another res. They are ALL on my family and friends list.

The MM will be linked to my MDE and my MB. So when they get their pictures taken and I am NOT with them, will those pictures go onto my MM? I can't be everywhere with everyone, but I DO want all their pics and memories!

It's.... complicated. I'm not sure what you mean by DS or DIL (daughter in law?) either. Let's pretend for a moment though that it was just you, a spouse, and a child on a reservation. One of you would be the "controller" of the MM. If you added the spouse and child on My Disney Experience as family or friends than anyone can use the pass or get the bands scanned and everyone will be able to see the photos. Everything is good and happy.

With large parties of extended families it does get complicated. There are setting in the app and on the website where you can manage what family and friends see (photos, plans, etc.). My best advice is to see a guest relations/my disney experience person when you get in the parks. They have stations throughout the parks where they can help you.

Worse comes to worse, it's really easy to combine cards/bands together at the view stations.

I was browsing various Disney websites on Friday and stumbled across the employment site. There was a listing for Seasonal and Part Time Photopass photographers. Since I had a little photography experience in a past career, I figured what the heck and submitted an application. Two hours later, I had an email from casting that invited me to to the on-line interview. I completed that and was asked to make an appointment for a face-to-face interview for a Seasonal position. Although I have no idea what my chances of employment might be, but figure I will take the gamble and make an appointment. The BIG problem is that they only give you a selection of about five days for the interview. My problem, I live 2085 miles away in Arizona. Checked plane fares which are over $500 each way without making a reservation two weeks in advance. Well, I can always drive -- estimated 30 hours of driving time. Before I make the commitment and schedule an appointment for an interview,

1. Can you tell me about how long it takes to receive notification one way or the other if you were selected for employment?

2. I know the background check probably takes a week or more, no problem, but when do they want to do the drug screening? Would be a big (expensive) problem if I am back in Arizona and would need to get back to Florida for the test.

3. I plan to call Casting tomorrow to see what they say.

I am retired and applied for one of the Seasonal positions and was really surprised at how rapidly all this has progressed.

I was browsing various Disney websites on Friday and stumbled across the employment site. There was a listing for Seasonal and Part Time Photopass photographers. Since I had a little photography experience in a past career, I figured what the heck and submitted an application. Two hours later, I had an email from casting that invited me to to the on-line interview. I completed that and was asked to make an appointment for a face-to-face interview for a Seasonal position. Although I have no idea what my chances of employment might be, but figure I will take the gamble and make an appointment. The BIG problem is that they only give you a selection of about five days for the interview. My problem, I live 2085 miles away in Arizona. Checked plane fares which are over $500 each way without making a reservation two weeks in advance. Well, I can always drive -- estimated 30 hours of driving time. Before I make the commitment and schedule an appointment for an interview,

1. Can you tell me about how long it takes to receive notification one way or the other if you were selected for employment?

2. I know the background check probably takes a week or more, no problem, but when do they want to do the drug screening? Would be a big (expensive) problem if I am back in Arizona and would need to get back to Florida for the test.

3. I plan to call Casting tomorrow to see what they say.

I am retired and applied for one of the Seasonal positions and was really surprised at how rapidly all this has progressed.

1. No idea. I am local and pretty much got hired on the spot.

2. No drug screening. Weirdly of the three major theme parks in Orlando only SeaWorld drug tests.

3. Good luck!

The funny thing is that you don't need any photography experience to be hired. Some people have their own photo businesses on the side and some never used professional cameras before. Honestly, if you are happy in AZ you might want to just stay there or look into Disneyland. Personally, I don't think it's a job worth moving out of state for.

Thanks for the info.

I don't plan to move back to Florida, just do it Seasonally, which I assume would probably be Summer and maybe Christmas. Hopefully, I would get used to that humidity over the summer; would beat the summer monsoon temps here.

I just want to say thank you. Thanks to the photographers, I get to be in vacation pictures with the rest of the family! We have gotten some awesome candid shots before the posed shot as well.

Thanks for the info. I don't plan to move back to Florida, just do it Seasonally, which I assume would probably be Summer and maybe Christmas. Hopefully, I would get used to that humidity over the summer; would beat the summer monsoon temps here.

When my roommate had her interview she walked away with a job offer. That's typically how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter