Have a Photopass Question? Ask me!

Not sure if this has been asked, but do all the Disney photographers do the magic shots? Or only certain ones? Should I ask for a magic shot or is it offered by the photographer. We have not been to Disney in over 10 years, so everything is new for us :)

Magic shots vary by location and not all shots are approved for all areas. Photographers are all trained on magic shots so it doesn't hurt to ask. Generally, tripods (except for those with a backdrop) can't do shots and there are no night magic shots.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Not sure if this has been asked, but do all the Disney photographers do the magic shots? Or only certain ones? Should I ask for a magic shot or is it offered by the photographer. We have not been to Disney in over 10 years, so everything is new for us :)

If you look a couple of pages back I made a list of magic shots and where they are located. Not every photographer can do them. If they are with a character, on a tripod, or outside in the sunset or night time they can't. Also, some of the new people get trained on them a few weeks after they start so if they have those red "Earning My Ears" ribbons on their name tags most likely they can't, but always ask. Remember if you are just entering the park and you stand on a huge line to get photos taken they may not take magic shots either just because they need to get through the line and don't want people to wait. Personally, I usually only did magic shots if there were kids between the ages 5-15ish. Any younger and they can't really understand what they are doing and have a hard time following instructions (ex. "Hold you hand flat"). Older teens and adults aren't usually interested so I only do them if they are requested.

If you do find the page with the magic shot list, be aware that baby Simba at Animal Kingdom is no longer available. I am seasonal and when I left in May I was told he would be replaced by another Lion King themed shot but I have no idea what it looks like. Also, Olaf is now in Hollywood Studios, Epcot, and possibly the water parks.

We are in the process of trying to nail down which resort for next years wdw trip. We are leaning toward akl. Any chance of a photo pass photographer being there? Or any other resorts? Beside character meals.

Only during the holidays. The Christmas tree in the lobby usually has a photographer there. It also has a PhotoPass view location too.

ChanaC thank you for all of your time and patience on this thread. I have already purchased the MM. Now I feel that I'll get my $ worth with all of your tips. I had no idea I could kindly ask for magic shots or where to find some of them.

Do you have anything more specific for an Olaf location in Epcot? I know you said World Showcase and some in Future world. Hubby would love a pic w/ Olaf in it.

ChanaC thank you for all of your time and patience on this thread. I have already purchased the MM. Now I feel that I'll get my $ worth with all of your tips. I had no idea I could kindly ask for magic shots or where to find some of them. Do you have anything more specific for an Olaf location in Epcot? I know you said World Showcase and some in Future world. Hubby would love a pic w/ Olaf in it.

There is no set location for Olaf. Like Tinker Bell and balloons, they can do the Olaf shot pretty much anywhere. After all, he has his cloud so he can hang out in summer.

I'm sorry if I missed this question - but my DH and I have connecting rooms and two reservation numbers. I see on MDE where I can reassign the MM card, but how do I make it so we both can see the pictures and make sure all of us are on the photos (both reservations all of our kids, etc)?

This is for KINGTWIN...

I think if the pictures are so important to you, of the faces of your grandaughters's surprise, I wouldn't leave it to Photopass. Seems tricky to coordinate and not really what the Photopass photographers are set up to do.

You can book a mini-portait session for $150. http://disneyfineartphotography.com/portraits/

Then a photographer is all yours for 20+ minutes (longer sessions available) at a nice resort location. (you can book a meal following or whatever to enjoy) Your daughter could say any reason to go to the initial location --- even that she wants to do family portraits, and then when they are posing for a picture, you could walk in. Since the photographer is assigned the job and isnt distracted by other guests and responsibilities, I think this is the way to go. It's definitely what I would do.

If you book say a 5:00 appt, you could go a few minutes early to explain and set up a spot for the photo. Then your daughter could come at 5:10.

Anyhow, hope that helps and that you all have a wonderful trip with many magical memories!!

Does the photos usually appear in your account in 24 hrs? I heard of ppl with missing photos and having to locate them by calling or emailing. I'm afraid I would forget what photos we took so that we can double check lol. Any tips?

Does the photos usually appear in your account in 24 hrs? I heard of ppl with missing photos and having to locate them by calling or emailing. I'm afraid I would forget what photos we took so that we can double check lol. Any tips?

It can take 24-48 hours. The photos have to be uploaded from the photographers, propagate into the system, and from there they have to be moderated. Not all photos follow the same path so sometimes you might see later photos first - especially if they're marked as magic shots someone does have to put them on there. Lot of folks wait about two hours before complaining about photos missing and it's like slow your roll haha.

I'm sorry if I missed this question - but my DH and I have connecting rooms and two reservation numbers. I see on MDE where I can reassign the MM card, but how do I make it so we both can see the pictures and make sure all of us are on the photos (both reservations all of our kids, etc)?

If youink together on MDE and click something about sharing photos then everyone should see them plus be able to contribute.

Cais explained it all but occasionally photos do disappear. This can happen totally randomly but is occasionally because of technical issues with the photo equipment. If you call the help line they can do a search for you. A good tip is to check your phone or camera and see if you also took a photo. Also, if you meet characters and have an autograph book, check the names with the photos.

I have no idea who they are. I would complain that they took over the thread but most stuff they answer is correct and it saves me time.

:lmao: you're both doing a heck of a job but yours is this one and he's got another or is that other yours too...see I am easily confused I am getting a sore neck going back and forth like a ping-pong ball.

I think you 2 should have a Dismeet at work ;) Seriously great job and we thank you

I apologize if this has been asked before as this thread is quite large. Is there any location with photographers for formal shots that can be added to the memorymaker photos? Maybe at resorts, restaurants, etc....?
Thanks

I apologize if this has been asked before as this thread is quite large. Is there any location with photographers for formal shots that can be added to the memorymaker photos? Maybe at resorts, restaurants, etc....?
Thanks

DTD in their photopass store. It's in their guest relations building. It's nothing fancy but there is a backdrop and some props. They usually do the Bippiddi Boppiddi Boutique photos in there.

:lmao: you're both doing a heck of a job but yours is this one and he's got another or is that other yours too...see I am easily confused I am getting a sore neck going back and forth like a ping-pong ball. I think you 2 should have a Dismeet at work ;) Seriously great job and we thank you

ChanaC knows more of the in park stuff as I never actually was a photographer but I went through the training. I know more of the back end stuff - the website, ordering, post vacation, memory maker etc. between the two of us most of it is covered :P

DTD in their photopass store. It's in their guest relations building. It's nothing fancy but there is a backdrop and some props. They usually do the Bippiddi Boppiddi Boutique photos in there.

Does this cost extra? Or is it included in the memory maker fee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter