• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have a question for moderators please.

disneyseniors

DIS Veteran
I just noticed that my post in an older thread has been cancelled?!
That post was up for quite a while, and I don't think there was anything offensive in it?
Who cancelled it and why?
Thank you

That post was up for quite a while, and I don't think there was anything offensive in it?
Thank you
Did you quote something that had to be deleted?

The only time I ever had a post deleted, I was notified by a Mod why,,(not cancelled, is there such a thing on the DIS?) I don't remember what my post was about , but I got no points, so I was happy!

Thank you
Was the whole thread deleted too? I recall that afterlife thread mysteriously vanished after being resurrected again.

Somewhere the afterlife thread is where all threads go in the afterlife?

Thank you
From the guidelines you agreed to when you joined (bolding mine):

The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

Did you quote something that had to be deleted?
No I found out from a moderator that someone had put my name on a post which I DID NOT send, so I asked them to delete it a while ago. That's why I got the notice. There was nothing in that post that was offensive. I'm glad they finally deleted it as I didn't make that comment.

From the guidelines you agreed to when you joined (bolding mine):

The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.

It was weird to see my name on someone else's post! I am glad they deleted that post, though it's been a while since I asked to have it deleted. Don't know how that happened, but what a surprise!

Was the whole thread deleted too? I recall that afterlife thread mysteriously vanished after being resurrected again.

Somewhere the afterlife thread is where all threads go in the afterlife?
No not the whole thread I believe, just the part that was put in my name in error, though I don't know how that happened? I was really surprised to see that quote in my name. I don't even remember much about it now. I was a while ago, but I know I didn't agree with what was posted in my name. Glad it got cleared up by the moderator, and thanks to her for doing this for me. I was honestly confused about it.

Yes, the part that was put in my name in error, though I don't know how that happened? I was really surprised to see that quote in my name. I don't even remember much about it now. I was a while ago, but I know I didn't agree with what was posted in my name. Glad it got cleared up by the moderator, and thanks to her for doing this for me. I was honestly confused about it.
I wonder if that's a mishap with the new board update. I've sometimes accidentally backspaced too far and typed in the box where the quoted post is located. Then it looks like the quoted poster is saying all sorts of new things.

The only time I ever had a post deleted, I was notified by a Mod why,,(not cancelled, is there such a thing on the DIS?) I don't remember what my post was about , but I got no points, so I was happy!
It was an error made by "who knows who". I didn't post what was attributed to me. Glad it's cleared up now.

It was an error made by "who knows who". I didn't post what was attributed to me. Glad it's cleared up now.
I wonder if that's a mishap with the new board update. I've sometimes accidentally backspaced too far and typed in the box where the quoted post is located. Then it looks like the quoted poster is saying all sorts of new things.
That sounds logical, but it was weird that it happened.

Every now and then the quote function malfunctions and ends up posting a quote from one person with another's name. Not very often, but it's been happening occasionally for a while. It might be something to do with how the quote is edited or something is erased in someone else being quoted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter