Have a question.... (kind of long)

Wedontloveny

Earning My Ears
I would like to go back to college (been away a few years) and change my major. I went to a local commmunity college for a couple of semesters. To graduate with my associates there I need 25 more credit hours. I would really like to get my bachelors. Since I would have to go elsewhere to do this (bachelors degrees are not offered at this college) is it better to finish at the community college with my associates degree and transfer somewhere else or should I just try to transfer the classes I have taken and go somewhere else now? Does that make sense?

I work full time. If I finish out my associates at the community college I would have to take classes Mon Weds Fri mornings and work all nights. I would be finished in two semesters but it would be rough. If I went through one of the SUNY colleges to get my bachelors they offer many online classes and chances are I would not have to attend any physical classes.

I have an appointment to talk to someone from the SUNY colleges. I guess my question is what is the point of finishing at the community college? I don't want to look like a quitter or anything, but I don't want to waste time and money either.

Thanks.

Don't consider it as quitting. A lot of people take classes at community colleges and then transfer into a Bachelor's program at another school. It's cheaper and more convenient to take classes than transfer, as long as your courses will transfer.

I agree, it is cheaper. I don't think it would be more convenient in my case considering they don't offer many online courses.

I have an appointment on Thursday morning with a SUNY rep so hopefully she can give me some info on what will transfer and what won't.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter