• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have I lost my mind???

All Aboard

Por favor mantengan se alejado de las puertas
Didn't Landbaron start a thread about "No place like home" or something to that effect???

Hey Steve, can the members of both Rumor boards play a mulligan? I think both sides hit into the water, and we can salvage par if we get a redo.

wdwmagic,

You deleted the other on your site that referred to me as "the Jerk". Why? I was answering. It may have taken a while, but the people on your site and I would have eventually come to an understanding. I would have replied to post after post, without name calling, without rancor and calmly stated my position, while learning (and perhaps changing my mind) from their posts. (ask around, I post on RADP, WDWBLUES, DisneyBlues and here. I rarely get mad and love the dialogue.)

But you made sure you copied my post here, before they deleted it. And you posted it on your site. And answered it, point by point. Fair enough. I would have done the same. But then you locked it!! FOUL!!! Did you really need the last word that bad? Or are you open to discussion?

Some people just can play nice!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Bob O
Some people just cant play nice!!!!!!!!

Not only is that true, but I now have a new appreciation for the DIS in general, and the News & Rumors board in particular. I may not post quite so frequently, but I read basically everything on this board, and I really enjoy the discussions.

Other boards are a remarkably poor substitute. Wherever the topic went (and what did happen anyway?), I'll agree, there's no place like home!

:)

Don't bother looking for it over at WDWMAGIC either. It's gone. Luis explained in a PM to me why he deleted it here. I would have preferred that he had just locked it, but I certainly can't complain!! He (and Sara, of course) are the absolute best moderators in the world!!! I stand by and fully endorse his decision.

Thanks to all!!

And BTW, in case anyone's interested I have a copy of my explanation/apology that I posted on WDWMAGIC (but it’s on my computer at work. Have to wait until Monday). I'll also recap the well thought out, articulate and simply dazzling responses! Just send me a PM!!!!! OK Luis!! ;)

Oh yes I am afraid that the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

Mabe the reason why it was deleted was because of my marks about attacking the wdwmagic.com mainfraim....

hhhhhmmmmmm.........

DVC i was unable to access any info and if you choose to i would like to see what you saved. And as much as i do complain about things here at times(it is done IMHO to make this a great site though some may not agree) this is a great place with alot of great opinions offerered and when we do disagree i believe its done in a good natured manner, not taken personally and we all in our own ways believe we are trying to help disney contuine its great tradition!!

DVC i was unable to access any info and if you choose to i would like to see what you saved. And as much as i do complain about things here at times(it is done IMHO to make this a great site though some may not agree) this is a great place with alot of great opinions offerered and when we do disagree i believe its done in a good natured manner, not taken personally and we all in our own ways believe we are trying to help disney contuine its great tradition!!

Bob O:

You can say that again!!!!

Oh!! Wait!! You already did !!!

:p :p :p :p :D :D :D :D

Sorry (but I had to go for it!!!!

I have the utmost respect for Steve and WDWMagic. In fact I have learned a great about the going-ons at WDW from his site, something that we've all benefited from directly on many occasions in the past. It's a great site, although quite different from the DIS, as is the case with most Disney fan sites. WDWMagic is Steve's to run and we should all respect the rules that each site has set forth. While I'm sure that most of the things said here were in jest, especially in light of the eclectic group of individuals we have assembled here, I do believe that this is not the proper forum to vent about what is good about one site vs another. It really isn't fair. In my eyes we are different for sure, but no better or worse. In the future let's concentrate on the Rumors/News theme of this forum and continue to expand our knowledge about all things Disney in a constructive and positive light.

And always keep in mind that this board is as interesting and informative as it is because of the guests who participate in it. I am very proud of each and everyone one of you who have impressed me with your abilities to co-exist with one-another in a respectful manner. Our opinions often run the gammit, buy we all realize that there are different takes on any given issue. It has always been my motto to give everyone the benefit of the doubt because lord knows I've been wrong before. That philosophy has served me well in the past and I ask that we continue to work together to protect what we have, which for me has become a respite of sorts from the daily grind. It's you guys/gals who make this board a very special/unique place on the www.

In closing I ask that you please refrain from negative posts about other Disney fan sites. Any such posts from now on will be deleted so as to help preserve the integrity of our forum.

Luis, just a couple thoughts.
And always keep in mind that this board is as interesting and informative as it is because of the guests who participate in it. I am very proud of each and everyone one of you who have impressed me with your abilities to co-exist with one-another in a respectful manner.
That type of culture starts at the top and funnels down to the members. And also encourages like-minded people to join in. You allow us to play, talk, fight, argue, kid, joke, SHOUT, stray off topic, and most importantly discuss Disney in our own way, but with mutual respect and decorum. And for that I thank you.
In closing I ask that you please refrain from negative posts about other Disney fan sites. Any such posts from now on will be deleted so as to help preserve the integrity of our forum.
Agreed!! Sorry to stir it up in the first place!! Should have just given you the accolades without drawing comparisons. It won’t happen again.

DVC-No problem that you went for it. But i have an excuse, its the boards fault(lol).

That was as close to a look of embarrassed shock as I could find after realizing why my post had been deleted. (the mouth is wide open and the cheeks are blushing)...
I still dig the DIS more than any others (but www.kurtmiller.net is up there too.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter