Have not stayed at PVB for 5-6 years what should we know?

maui22

DIS Veteran
Last time we stayed at PVB was somewhere in the 2016-2018 range.

For background…
  • Cast is DW and I.
  • We are bringing my nephew, his wife, and daughter (niece).
  • We have 2 lake view studios, which we know will be in Moorea (laundry in the building).
  • Late March arrival.

What has changed?
Is there anything (besides the tower construction) we should be aware of?
Has the restaurant delivery to the room returned? Loved the Obama feast delivered to the room 10 minutes before fireworks.

We just returned and loved it! Wish they had 2 bedroom villas but I digress lol. Ohana feast and room service is still not occurring! We heard zero construction noise and the only thing we noticed was the top of a crane if you looked towards the side of construction. Fireworks from the beach are lovely but it sounds like you may be able to see them from your room?? We were standard view so definitely could not see them! We absolutely adored our stay there. Have fun!

Is there a room request preference we should make to get further away from the construction? I am going in May.

If you are staying in a DVC room the construction is on the opposite side of the resort. So you shouldn't hear much.
Thanks! Is there a place where I can find resort maps showing which are DVC?

Also - are there any specific room requests you would recommend?

Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago are the DVC buildings. Pago Pago is very close to the TTC and easily walkable. We stayed there about a year ago and found it easier than going to the resort monorail.

Tokelau, Moorea, and Pago Pago are the DVC buildings. Pago Pago is very close to the TTC and easily walkable. We stayed there about a year ago and found it easier than going to the resort monorail.
+1 for Pago Pago. We had our first PVB stay in September and loved it. The short walk to the TTC is sooooo nice. Easy access to MK and Epcot. We got the dreaded "parking lot view" but we don't care about view at all.

Request high floor for best fireworks view. Beware the ferry boats start blowing their horns very early, and all day long. The only downside to the lake view rooms is that noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter