Have resort mugs changed?

bjcaed

Mouseketeer
we go to Disney fairly often so we have way too many mugs, but we are going in November and saw a picture of a mug that looked different. Has the style changed in the last year? I sure hope so!!!

Boo. Hiss. Was hoping for coloured handles. We'll *somehow* survive. Hubby and I will be passing cooties back and forth because we can't tell the cups apart when their lids are off and we're getting coffee for each other in the morning, but he has sweet cooties, so I don't mind. :)

DH and I will be able to tell ours apart-his will smell of coffee and my will be a strange colour from whichever soda I can get out of the Coke freestyle machine-hopefully Grape fanta as we can't get that in the UK!

You would think by now that the money grabbers there would realize they'd sell more mugs by changing the style/colors more often??!!! They make great souvies for a lot of people, but I don't buy the same ones over and over. Generic white handles, blah!! And the 'no handles' - no way!!

Of course, they make most of their money by including them (and building the price in) with the Dining plans.
Guess the price of changing them is more than offset by leaving them the same. They used to be so neat!

My rant for the day!! :D

You would think by now that the money grabbers there would realize they'd sell more mugs by changing the style/colors more often??!!! They make great souvies for a lot of people, but I don't buy the same ones over and over. Generic white handles, blah!! And the 'no handles' - no way!!

Of course, they make most of their money by including them (and building the price in) with the Dining plans.
Guess the price of changing them is more than offset by leaving them the same. They used to be so neat!

My rant for the day!! :D

I would imagine that most people get the cups based on the how long they are staying and not based on design change ( I realize there are exceptions). Maybe prior to the "smart" machines shutting the cups off and people reusing cups it made some difference. By having 1 cup with different tops it has to simplify ordering, production, warehousing etc. 'its a profit deal" I actually like it without a handle, it fits cup holder in car easier.

I would imagine that most people get the cups based on the how long they are staying and not based on design change ( I realize there are exceptions). Maybe prior to the "smart" machines shutting the cups off and people reusing cups it made some difference. By having 1 cup with different tops it has to simplify ordering, production, warehousing etc. 'its a profit deal" I actually like it without a handle, it fits cup holder in car easier.

Understand your view point and I agree about it being cheaper production. It's just with me, I tend to get it more for the souvie as I don't drink very many sodas and prefer our own coffee, so the duplicate cups are basically useless to us.

White handles haven't even been there a year. They showed up around January in response to the no-handle change around this time last year.

If they still had different designs for each resort I’d probably buy one each time I’m at a new place even though I don’t drink soda; I love mugs! Haven’t bought one my last 3 trips due to the generic design.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter