• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have tickets that I can't use until likely late next year that expire in January (help!)

LizzyS

DIS Veteran
It's a long story, but I got sick last February and couldn't make our trip then, so I rescheduled it to this November. Now my husband has started a new job and we have to cancel that trip also. I've never dealt with expired tickets before, so what do I do? Do I call and pay the difference if there is a price increase (I'm sure there will be)? Am I issued new tickets with a new expiration date if that's how it works?

Any information about what to do would be helpful and greatly appreciated!

It's a long story, but I got sick last February and couldn't make our trip then, so I rescheduled it to this November. Now my husband has started a new job and we have to cancel that trip also. I've never dealt with expired tickets before, so what do I do? Do I call and pay the difference if there is a price increase (I'm sure there will be)? Am I issued new tickets with a new expiration date if that's how it works?

Any information about what to do would be helpful and greatly appreciated!
Your tickets will essentially become vouchers worth what you paid for them or their face value, whichever is higher. You can exchange them for new tickets, and yes, you’ll have to pay whatever the difference in price is. If you do it now there may not be one yet, depending when you purchased; currently Disney is issuing multi day tickets that expire early January 2025.

It won't be difficult to use them. You'll need to call and explain to a CM, and they'll exchange them for new tickets. You'll need to pay a price difference if there is one. You will have a new expiration date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter