Have you been back to your honeymoon spot?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
Just had an interesting conversation with some neighbors reminiscing about weddings and honeymoons before we all have to get ready to attended a wedding tonight.

It occurred to my wife and I that we have never been back to where we honeymooned. Not sure why.

We were gifted a week in a beach house in Rodanthe North Carolina for our honeymoon. We had a great time. Yet it has never crossed my mind to go back.

We took a cruise for our honeymoon. The cruise line no longer exists, so we can't repeat it. We have been on several cruises on different lines since.

For our 10th anniversary, we returned to the Historic Inn where we were married. DH booked a room overlooking the garden, where the ceremony was held. That was more special to us than the cruises throughout the years have been.

Last edited:
Nope...poor college students, we just went to some hotel close to home.
Don't even remember the name.

We went to St Thomas. We have been back, but not to the resort, Bluebeards Castle. I think St John’s is one of the best snorkeling places. On our honeymoon, we also tried Scuba diving. I remember seeing a small octopus. We will be going back in May, on a cruise excursion. We are on a bus tour, because on our honeymoon, in 1968, we had rented a jeep and drove all around. You drove on the left side of the road!

Yes, we had our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta. It was our first time in Mexico, first time at an all inclusive. The resort was super tiny, out of the way, not much in the way of amenities but we didn't really realize or think about it, still had a wonderful time. Went back to PV for our 10th anniversary but stayed at a much nicer resort 😂 also, had two kids with us on that trip lol

We did a road trip through CA starting on Anaheim going to Disneyland and California Adventure which had just opened. We stayed overnight in Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz and ended in San Francisco. It was a beautiful drive on highway 1. We have been to DL, Santa Barbara and San Fran a few times after our honeymoon. We did a roller coaster theme park focus going to a lot of the beach boardwalks, Knots berry farm and magic mountain. We also visited the Winchester mystery house which was a lot of fun. We are going to DL in August with all the kids.

We honeymooned in St Martin . Went back on a cruise but the hotel we stayed at was hit by a hurricane and they never rebuild it. Some of the buildings were standing and the beach was still there. Mallot Bay .

My husband’s wedding ring may also be somewhere in the water at Orient Beach .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter