Have you been "Bitten" by the Concierge "Bug"? aka The LIZARD LOUNGE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BambiTamby

DIS Veteran
Well, you've found us!
The unofficial DIS' HOME of the concierge LOUNGE LIZARDS!!!!:tongue:

lizardloungemarquee.gif

The link to our original thread, in case you have several days on your hands and want to catch up is HERE !

Have you stayed concierge at WDW?
Or are you thinking about indulging yourselves with CL planning, pampering, and the convenience of a lounge for food and drinks ?

Then...you've found the right spot to learn and share!:sunny:

Here's how it all started.....

From another thread, the OP stated....

OK.... so call me spoiled, but once you go concierge it is hard to go any other way.....

Now....thinking about that, I am GUILTY of the above statement as I sit here typing this! BIG TIME!

First time we went with concierge, was the AKL inaugural opening month, and I just couldn't pass up that awesome AP rate!
Happened to be concierge, new resort, with a Sunrise Safari...
you get the picture!

And with Janet2k's pics and reports of her concierge experiences...
Why not...I work hard for my own business, and I deserve
to be waited on, just as I do for my clients!

Thought we were living the "high life" staying at WDW deluxes...
but, after the AKL concierge......

we stayed two MORE times at AKL concierge that same year!
then, it was on to one of our ol' fav-the Poly, and experience their concierge....THREE more times doing that!
then, there was the WL concierge, the Dolphin Club,
the YC concierge, which we're going back for a second dose this March.....
Had the mother of all concierge reserved for last November...
the GF ROYAL PALM CLUB!
But, an illness came up and I had to cancel that! WAH!

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?LOL!

"OK.... so call me spoiled, but once you go concierge it is hard to go any other way....."

NO DUH!!!!

It's awful carrying this burden,
calling WDTC everyday, or whenever...
"Do you have that Poly LV available yet in concierge?"
or....
"OK, OK...DO you have ANYTHING CONCIERGE available for my dates!"

For those of ya'll who have had the luxury to have had experienced concierge, even with a lucky upgrade....

do you also admit.....
"it's hard to go the OTHER way"? ::yes::

For those who do not know what concierge is.....
Click here for a lesson in Concierge101 !

So....you are invited to sit in our "lounge" and have a cup of coffee and something from the huge spread laid out!
There's always a seat in our lounge, and plenty of great information, experiences, reports.....and :hug: and :grouphug: and :love1: and :hyper2: and :cheer2: and :cake: and :drinking1......for everyone !!!!

Yes, I've been bitten and I haven't even stayed there yet!

But this next trip to the world, I'm pulling out all the stops and we're going for 10 days at the Poly GVC!

Can't wait. I've learned so much on the previous thread.

The excitment will start for me in 203 days. I have a counter for my counter!

Let the lounging begin!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Room wave and have a wonderful holiday!!!:wave2: :wave2:

Yes it's true!!:eek: I spent 7 wonderful days in YC concierge last July. It was truly pampering at it's best. This July I booked 5 days at Poly LVC.......then thought about it.......thought about it some more......and added 2 days at the beginning of the trip back in YC LVC. Looking forward to the Poly (we stayed concierge there 13 years ago) but am really excited about returning to YC. Feel like the CM's there are my friends. I just love the place!:Pinkbounc

I haven't been bitten "officially"... but, I am living vicariously through all you full blown Lounge Lizards!!! :tongue:

Anyway Tamby.. the new place is wonderful! :wave:

Hello, my name is litlpixie.....and I am a Lounge Lizard. I used to be normal...content to stay standard and enjoy what standard offered. Everything was going fine with our yearly trips to the World............When all of a sudden, a great rate came along at AKL on the concierge floor, and OMG!!! I LOVE CONCIERGE!! We are a middle-class family from upstate NY. I spend MY free time when I'm not at work all day doing laundry, cleaning house, taking care of 3 children and a husband who hasnt yet figured out what a laundry basket is.....so darnit when I'm on concierge, you bet I feel like I derserve it!!:) Expensive? Yes! And worth it's weight in gold!! My favorite thing? Nightly turndown and nightly cappacinnos-both of which I do not get when I'm home...unless I do it myself. My point? I can't wait to once again enjoy this spectacular service! BanmbiTambi---What an awesome thread, it'll get me through the next year I have to wait to go back--this time splitting between BC and Poly.:sunny: Pixiedust to you all!!princess:

Hello everyone! :wave:

I enjoyed the last thread so much, and I'm excited about our new home on this thread. :) I'm still working on plans for our Nov. 28-Dec. 4 trip, and we're hoping it included a concierge stay for at least part of the trip. It's so much fun planning with y'all!

Hello everyone. Thanks to the prior thread I got a good dose of what concierge is. Much more than the free food.

We are booked CL for our upcoming August visit to BC. The staff has already been helping me by making many arrangements, and offering suggestions for things I never thought of.

Thanks to everyone in the Thread, and all the hard working CMs in IPO and the Resorts. You all help keep the magic alive! princess: :wizard:

Hi too! My name is mom_rules, and I am a lounge lizard!

Once I stayed at the Grand Californian (Disneyland)-concierge, I knew we could never go back.

Then it was the YC concierge-even better. I came to the realization that it was a real problem.

Now it's BWI-concierge-oh when will the madness end?!?!?!?

(NEVER-as long as I'm still breathing LOL)

Call me for 5:00pm wine and cheese please!

I too am a lounge lizzard! After my first experience at the YC I decided I can't possibly go back to standard. Then it was the BC with the girls, then the Poly and now I am totally hooked on the BWI. There is just no place like it. It is my "home" twice a year now. It is worth every penny spent there. I love being pampered and treated so wonderfully. The cast is awesome and make my entire trip magical. Robin, Jackie and Scott are the best anywhere. Terri has moved to another position and I will miss her in October, but Stephanie is back and she has been a miracle worker for me as my planner.
My son and his wife honymooned there and have vowed to return every year now with my grandaughter, and any others that come along!!!!!
Can't wait for October with my family and then again in March with the girls!!!!!!:Pinkbounc

Another lounge lizzard here :)

We got sucked in last summer with the 'Fairytale package', and tried concierge at the Wilderness Lodge. Then kept the trend when we moved over the following week at the Royal Pacific Resort. It's not bad enough that I was hooked on the special treatment,, my two teenage girls are as well, and have made it very clear they are looking forward to expirencing that kind of think again when we go to the PBH in August,, Oh what have I done? :earseek: :crazy:

<---------------Definitely a Lounge Lizard Wannabe! :teeth: I've been furiously scheming and saving for my next trip, which should hopefully be in October! Woo hoo!!!

The thing is, though, is we are getting ready to start building our new home, and we will be right in the middle of it. I would feel bad leaving my h here all alone to build the house, while the kids and I are off having fun. OH. . . . .who am I kidding. .he'd probably *love* the peace and quiet! LOL!

I too have the same problem......ADDICTED TO STAYING CL. But while I'm confessing I must fess up to being addicted to disney trip planning and all things disney.. OH no did I go to far?? I know this must be the right place to admit these addictions because I see some late night and very early morning posts!!!

I am not alone! Alas!!!

::yes::

Just check'n out the new digs!!

:wave2:

I must say, looks pretty "spify"!! Can't wait till Sept when I'll be an "official member". ;)

It all started with a "Club Level" experience at another resort...

Then, we tried CL in WDW!!!! First it was CR, then WL (briefly), and then GF. We are DEFINITELY "hooked"!!! To those who are wondering, it's SO much more than food offerings (which I learned on the original fabulous thread)!!!! :D I can't wait to try them all in the years/visits to come! Although, we're doing the GF/CL AGAIN for our next trip!!!

BambiTamby....the new lounge is just as "fab"!!!!!

:sunny:

BTW....thanks to all you lizards for all your support, P's and PD.... I will keep you posted about my situation as I get more info. :worried:

Well, count me in, too! I got my favorite comfy chair moved over to the new lounge - LOL! Somethings I just can't part with. Anyone else need any help? ;) Anyway, I'm enjoying the upgraded view here as well as the wonderful offerings. I'll be an "official" WDW lounge lizard in no time at all (just peeking at that counter - only 3 more weeks to go!). :teeth: :wave:

:wave: Hi, BT ~ You officially named a lounge lizard on your previous thread! I am looking forward to using my spg points for CL at the Dolphin in July.

I just love my morning coffee relaxing in a comfy chair in the Club Room. :drinking: :cloud9:

I feel like we are in a 12 step program lol. Hi, my name is Linda and I am a lounge lizard.
At this time next week I will be enjoying my first WDW CL experience at the Poly, stayed concierge at other resorts, but never at WDW. I am looking forward to being totally pampered!
Great new digs BT, I like what you did with the place!:p

Hey, guys, what gives?! My house got hit by lightening earlier this week, our cable internet was one of the casualties, so I missed posting all this week. Come back, and everything's moved!!!!:eek:

Yes, one visit and I am a lounge lizard, too! That's all it takes to get hooked!!:teeth: :wave:

k&a&c'smom- OMG - hit by lightning! I hope everything is OK.

just checking out the new digs - it's so nice to have a place to kick back & relax (besides Poly CL, that is!)

KerryCM-will we be there at the same time? or are we leaving as you are arriving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter