Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters
Be curious to know if any of the recent positives in this thread had what we lovingly refer to as “the swamp water” 🤣 (AZ / Pfizer mix).

I think studies showed last year that AZ-MRNA mix was providing the best resistance and am wondering if it still does against this newest strain. We leave tomorrow AM for 9 nights 😬

We had AZ/Moderna/Moderna. I got a mild case in May, husband did not.

Just returned from Universal (Orlando). I’ve had my last booster 3 weeks before we left. Drove down to Seattle for flights. I think we were the only ones on the flight wearing masks. We also wore masks on all ride queues, and in stores shopping. Sanitized hands after getting off rides. Very few people using masks. I think we took all reasonable precautions. But….,yeah, you knew it was coming! 2 days before we left I woke up with a cold. Just stuffy head and runny nose. No fever, cough or anything. I just thought it was a cold. But the morning after we got home the 14th I decided to test myself. To my surprise I tested positive!

I wonder how many come home with Covid especially since so little wear masks. And i took precautions and still got it :(
I’m just happy they aren’t doing the testing to return home or I may have had to stay in a hotel room quarantined for a week and have to rebook flight. But maybe I wouldn’t have tested positive 72 hrs before as I didn’t have any symptoms till 48 hrs before leaving. We did have N95 masks for flights both ways.

I’ve had Moderna/AZ/Moderna/Moderna

I wonder how many come home with Covid especially since so little wear masks. And i took precautions and still got it :(
I’m just happy they aren’t doing the testing to return home or I may have had to stay in a hotel room quarantined for a week and have to rebook flight. But maybe I wouldn’t have tested positive 72 hrs before as I didn’t have any symptoms till 48 hrs before leaving. We did have N95 masks for flights both ways.
Sue I'm sorry you tested positive. I hope it's a mild case and you recover quickly. I have heard other tales of people who have done the exact same as you, and still contracted it. It seems no matter what precautions you take, it can still get you.

Sue I'm sorry you tested positive. I hope it's a mild case and you recover quickly. I have heard other tales of people who have done the exact same as you, and still contracted it. It seems no matter what precautions you take, it can still get you.
Thanks, yes it is a mild case. No more than a cold- Stuffy head, sinus, runny nose. I think maybe new variant that’s more contagious but milder symptoms?
I was surprised that hardly anyone was wearing masks in crowded areas like ride queues or shops! We didn’t mask in restaurants so could have been a server 🤷‍♀️

Went to DLR early August for 3 days. There were 3 of us, only 1 wore a mask during our trip (one of the good N-##, can't recall the specific number). We did everything from indoor dining, to rides to fireworks and shows. We didn't take any particular precaution besides hand sanitizer/washing hands constantly. None of us got covid or any other bug.

Just over a week back, hit all four parks, Boardwalk and Disney Springs. No mask, but carried a mini bottle of sanitizer with me. No issues.

We went in march and all got covid. We think we caught it day 1, mk was so crowded. We were the only ones wearing masks, inside and outside. By day 4-5 symptoms appeared. Our ten days trip turned into 20 days trip.

9 days at DLR in July. 8 of us, masked as much as possible. Nobody got it.
Just back from 9 days at WDW. 4 of us. Very difficult to mask in the heat and humidity. Nobody got it.

At DLR, there was sanitizer everywhere. At WDW, I think I saw about 8 sanitizer stations in total throughout the 4 parks and 2 resorts we stayed at. Fortunately, we brought our own. When the thunderstorms came, people were packed into the stores like sardines with virtually nobody masking.

Went to the UK in July, mom and sister tested positive after coming home. I did not. Sister and I have 3 vaccinations, mom has 4. I had Omicron in late April/early May and I think that is what kept me from getting it this time. We all shared hotels rooms, beds in some places, dinners together.. if I was going to get it I would have.

Went on a DCL Alaska cruise end of July. Only time we all wore masks was in the terminal in Vancouver. None of us got Covid, despite several people testing positive in our cruise group when we returned. We all had Omicron in April, 3 of us are fully vaxxed and 1 booster, 4th is fully vaxxed with no booster (as it's not available for her age group yet).

We were in the theme parks in California: Universal 2 days and Disneyland 2 days Just last week. We wore masks indoors and sometimes in the outdoor lines. Sanitized after every ride. Wiped down all our seats and trays on the plane. Come home, and DH comes down with symptoms two days later, doesn’t test positive until 4 days later.🙄. Me and the girls did not. We also got our 2nd booster two weeks before flying to Hawaii for the first leg of our trip before going to LA. Can I assume he was exposed in Disney? The airplane? The airport? At least all he felt were bad cold symptoms, no fever.

Came back from Universal on Saturday night. Started feeling icky on the drive back and tested positive at home. Self-isolating now. Had mild symptoms, more like bad allergies than anything.

4/4 covid positive here. I haven’t tasted or smelled anything in over a week and am praying my nerves recover - it is very discombobulating. I’m like a phone constantly trying but never quite successfully connecting to wifi. My brain knows something is wrong but can’t zone in on it and it’s making me extremely tense and anxious. I can’t smell the trees, laundry. Nada. Everything I eat feels like wet tasteless paper in my mouth 😭

Everyone else had mild symptoms. Not me 🙄 - fever, severe headache, ongoing fatigue and lethargy, muscle cramps and broken smell and taste. If this is Covid after 3 shots I don’t want to think what it would have been like otherwise. I’ll be first in line for the Omicron shot. Stay safe out there everyone :hug:

4/4 covid positive here. I haven’t tasted or smelled anything in over a week and am praying my nerves recover - it is very discombobulating. I’m like a phone constantly trying but never quite successfully connecting to wifi. My brain knows something is wrong but can’t zone in on it and it’s making me extremely tense and anxious. I can’t smell the trees, laundry. Nada. Everything I eat feels like wet tasteless paper in my mouth 😭

Everyone else had mild symptoms. Not me 🙄 - fever, severe headache, ongoing fatigue and lethargy, muscle cramps and broken smell and taste. If this is Covid after 3 shots I don’t want to think what it would have been like otherwise. I’ll be first in line for the Omicron shot. Stay safe out there everyone :hug:
Ahhhh so sorry Hon... I'll be thinking of you and hoping things turn around for you soon.
Gentle Hugs
Mel

I leave on the 16th for a 2 week stay with starcruiser in the middle and these posts are making me nervous 😬

I just got a 4th booster last month and did my updated fit testing to take an n95 with me on the plane. I also have masks to wear in park and lots of hand sanitizer… hoping that will keep me safe 🤞

We have all three shots, had BA.2 in April (as background). I took DS13 on a mom-son trip starting August 17, so we went to Disney for a few days, then Universal for two, then back to Disney for four days and then embarked on what was supposed to be a B2B on the Wish. Unfortunately, he tested positive on the B2B test before the four-night and we were unable to continue our cruise. It was heart-wrenching. So much for immunity from prior infections. He’s completely asymptomatic and I remained negative despite close contact plus exposure to all of the people hacking and spewing left and right at the parks. There is really no rhyme or reason to it, but I would say that it’s the luck of the draw right now if you go anywhere with people whether you catch it or not.

I leave on the 16th for a 2 week stay with starcruiser in the middle and these posts are making me nervous 😬

I just got a 4th booster last month and did my updated fit testing to take an n95 with me on the plane. I also have masks to wear in park and lots of hand sanitizer… hoping that will keep me safe 🤞
It would be helpful to know what precautions, if any, those people who did and did not test positive employed. We went in May and no one tested positive. Wore masks on the plane and in the airport without interruption (n95). Masked indoors without exception. Masked outdoors whenever there were any people around, not just crowds. No indoor dining. No long wait times indoors or outdoors. Skipped rides that required long holding times in enclosed spaces (ie Haunted Mansion).

We are booked for October again and these anecdotal reports are scaring me.
We will do all the same in October, plus I plan to get us all boosted two weeks before travel.

I’ve been to Disney World 5 times since the pandemic started (Feb 2021, Nov 2021, March 2022, April 2022, August 2022). I came back with COVID after this last trip.

The first trip was before I was vaccinated and my time indoors was limited. I didn’t do any rides, just wanted to escape the cold and walk around somewhere warm. The Feb and Nov trips I drove and the last three trips I flew.

I’ve continued to wear a KN95 mask indoors (the only time I take it off indoors during my trips is briefly at TSA) and occasionally when I’m outdoors and it’s crowded (e.g., fireworks). I don’t do any indoors meals (and don’t even eat/drink at the airport or on the plane).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter