Have you bought or made any Christmas presents lately?

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
Today I picked up (2) lighted vanity mirrors at Costco for $14!! They are so nice my daughters will love them.

I also bought a Snuggie for DD16 that was $3 on clearance at CVS.

I am going to buy the daughter Alex & Ani bracelet for each daughter but that can wait another month.

$14 EACH or apiece? I am looking for one for my daughter. I am just starting to pick things up.

Yes I have bought 2 gifts so far and they are Disney related. Just got one yesterday and one last week.

DH is getting a couple retired vinylmations; Park Starz Series 2 Malestrom Troll and Park Series 8 Magic Kingdom Ticket

Figured these are hard to find and when I saw them come up on Ebay it was time to buy.

actually i just bought a christmas gift for my friend last night.

oh and i bought my niece all of the small world dolls last year when they first came out and i've spread them out over the last year so i still have a couple for this xmas.

so 2 people down, 10 to go.

2 of which i just give gift cards and another 5 of which tend to have good xmas lists so i just pick something from the lists since i know they will enjoy it.

and actually for a change i know exactly what i'm getting my dad. he's the most difficult because if you ask him what he wants he says "don't get me anything. i like watching you open gifts".
so then you have to make mental notes all year long of things he's made mention of that he wouldn't mind getting lol.

going to sound odd but-yes, some canned goods.

dd moved out and she's finding that some of the goodies I routinely keep in the pantry are not budget friendly, so since our once a year case sale at the supermarket is this week she's going to receive 12 cans of quartered artichoke hearts (water packed), and 24 cans of asparagus pieces:rotfl: I can buy them for 50% less than the normal price w/a case purchase so it was a great deal.

I also bought 2 1/2 yards of "frozen" themed fleece-so dd will get a BIG fleece throw.

lots more shopping to do-at least I went through the piles of catalogs I had and earmarked the pages w/stuff that might make the cut.

btw-best gift for someone who is hard to shop for (or has everything)-magazine subscription. my mom was one of these types-one year db and I got her subscriptions to people and the national enquirer (she always made a grab to read them at the hair salon), and SHE LOVED THEM. for someone whose interests are not readily apparent-reminisce and reminisce extra are fun, interesting reads.

One for one of my cousins (Subway--he likes it) and one for my youngest niece(Kindle Fire), I figure if every time I go to the grocery store I buy a few, not such a big chunk out of the budget all at once. I actually wait til closer to the holidays to get some things as they tend to have a lot of good sales the weeks before Christmas.

Ps--I picked out a new Coach bag for myself, because Mommy needs a nice holiday too, he he he!

Amazingly, yes. Managed to score a Crazy Shirt Disney one for $3 for part of a gift.

Our pc was shutting off all by itself so I bought a new one. Oldest DS is a college student now so I was able to score a new Dell all in one at college pricing (saved $450). With it came a "free" Dell android tablet. I'm setting that aside for youngest DS for christmas as he has one on his list. With the PC I also got a $45 gc to dell.com that I'm going to use to buy tablet covers for him and middle DS.

I also picked up an iTunes GC on sale thru groupon that I am going to give to DH and I scored some "free" shutterfly photo refrigerator magnets via Kelloggs rewards for mother and MIL. The cost for shipping was $5 for two.

I plan to pick up a set of movie certificates tomorrow when I go grocery shopping. The prepaid ticket certificates make az great stocking stuffer.

For anyone who is into the classic toys Amazon has some on sale today 40% off.

for someone whose interests are not readily apparent-reminisce and reminisce extra are fun, interesting reads.

Thanks for this lead! :thumbsup2 I'm not going to get the magazine, but poking around looking at it led me to the Reminisce book "Life in Fantastic '40s" that I am adding to my mother's present. She is in the middle stages of Alzheimer's, so her short term memory is completely gone but her long term is still usually OK that far back. It should be fun for her to flip through the pages and talk about it with the grand kids.

actually i just bought a christmas gift for my friend last night. oh and i bought my niece all of the small world dolls last year when they first came out and i've spread them out over the last year so i still have a couple for this xmas. so 2 people down, 10 to go. 2 of which i just give gift cards and another 5 of which tend to have good xmas lists so i just pick something from the lists since i know they will enjoy it. and actually for a change i know exactly what i'm getting my dad. he's the most difficult because if you ask him what he wants he says "don't get me anything. i like watching you open gifts". so then you have to make mental notes all year long of things he's made mention of that he wouldn't mind getting lol.

What are you getting your dad? I could definitely use an idea!!

We usually make "goodie" bags for friends, sweets of some sort or whatever my latest baking/cooking desire is:upsidedow

Kiddos make Christmas presents for family every year. It varies every year

going to sound odd but-yes, some canned goods.

dd moved out and she's finding that some of the goodies I routinely keep in the pantry are not budget friendly, so since our once a year case sale at the supermarket is this week she's going to receive 12 cans of quartered artichoke hearts (water packed), and 24 cans of asparagus pieces:rotfl: I can buy them for 50% less than the normal price w/a case purchase so it was a great deal.

I also bought 2 1/2 yards of "frozen" themed fleece-so dd will get a BIG fleece throw.

lots more shopping to do-at least I went through the piles of catalogs I had and earmarked the pages w/stuff that might make the cut.

btw-best gift for someone who is hard to shop for (or has everything)-magazine subscription. my mom was one of these types-one year db and I got her subscriptions to people and the national enquirer (she always made a grab to read them at the hair salon), and SHE LOVED THEM. for someone whose interests are not readily apparent-reminisce and reminisce extra are fun, interesting reads.

Love the canned goods idea!! Your daughter will love the treat.

What are you getting your dad? I could definitely use an idea!!

lol i kinda doubt many other people would want this.
my dad is a practical guy and really only likes very useful things which is another reason its hard to shop for him.
i live at home and we've had the same portable phone with 2 phones for a number of years now and they aren't the best anymore plus we still end up RUNNING to get the phone in time cuz we have a 2,800 square foot house.
so i'm getting him a new portable phone system that has 4 phones instead of 2.
some people will say that its more of an "everyone gift" but since he wants practical gifts he will be happy to get it.

Thank you for the tip on classic toys on sale on Amazon. Was able to get Tinkertoys at a good price.

How funny because I just was taking inventory of what I bought for Christmas gifts so far! I'm about 80% done as I shop all year round. I take inventory about this time of year so I know who I still need to shop for or what items will complete my gift (I love basket and themed gifts!)

The most recent things I bought were some toiletry boxes (Walmart and Target). In addition to the samples I get from Birchbox and Ipsy and free samples I score all year, I give all the girls/women in my family a toiletry bag filled with samples each year. Everyone loves to get them and I see them using their bags for years afterwards. It's nice to get them something practical yet also fun for them to open.

And now the guys look forward to their goody bags too! I try to theme them a little more fun like a 'get-thru-the-in-laws' bag which I put in mini sodas, juices, tiny liquors, and cups. I find super cheap coolers and cups/tumblers after the school season is over, buy the juices and mixers with coupons, and find discounted liquors at the big liquor store in town. I even add in headache medicines that I've gotten on sale for the 'morning after' with tiny water bottles. Slap in a $5 starbucks card and its a huge hit with the guys ;)

I made some soap but now have to come up with a "theme" to go with them. Thinking small gift baskets for "work" friends. Or even a larger one for special friends. But i am stumped on how to group items. It is a massage type kitchen soap. So I'm thinking maybe something kitchen related? Any ideas?

Bought my dd a necklace at a ladies night sale but I really like it. May be hard to give it up. :rotfl2:
I am way behind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter