Have you eloped and had a disney wedding??

mareeld86

DIS Veteran
I was Just wondering if you or anyone you know has eloped and had a disney wedding?
My partner and I are thinking of coming from australia to have a walt disney world or disney cruise wedding??
Any tips or hints for eloping??
Hope anyone can help!!

I know there was a bride who surprised everyone with her Disney wedding ( I think she was Swan and Dolphin) and I know there have been weddings with one guest. I am sure people do elope in Disney, but I can't say that I can think of any at the moment.

Our original plan was to elope to Disney! We were going to plan a disney vacation with our best friends, and have the wedding at sunrise point as a surprise and send out "we're married" postcards from Disneyworld to the rest of families/friends.

But then decided that we wanted our parents there too, which opened the door to other family members so we ended up going with SBP and 23 guests.

There were definately times during the planning process where we wished we'd kept to the original plan though!:rotfl:

DH is in the military, so we eloped about 6 months before our Disney Wedding, not knowing if it might be delayed due to deployment. It was just us, two friends, and a beagle. I've seen some brides eloping in Disney as well.

I've always thought eloping sounded so romantic! I've often thought of having just my fiance and myself but then I know it would mean a lot to my family if they were there and that kinda persuades me. But I still often think about how lovely it is. Especially with the escape packages and how intimate they can be.

We will not be eloping, as we are already married, however, we will be doing a VR, and it will be just us, and our 3 DD's. So, we are going to do the Escape, but spend enough to have a desert party also.

It is a huge splurge, but, we really want to do it, and it is important to us, so we figure if we are going to do it, we should go all out.

Heck, we probably wont even tell anyone else we are doing it, so that we can enjoy it without all the comments about how expensive it is, etc. Then, we will show them the pictures afterwards.

I can't wait, it is going to be so romantic! :lovestruc

We eloped in Disney.

We went down with just my sister and her boyfriend. Everyone (except our parents and grandparents) thought we were just going on vacation :rolleyes1

We don't regret it for a second.

The biggest tip I could give you is tell the people you love the most. We told our very closest friends, but many people were unhappy we didn't tell them before.

If you want to see how it worked out, the link to my TR is in my siggie, and the link to my PJ is on the first post.

Thanks so much for your replies we are coming from australia so its a big trip but i think number one its something we want to do and number two its about us and not our family which i kow are going to cause conflict.
I suppose we can always web cast it lol

If you want to elope, do it!!!! One thing I remember is sitting at my reception talking to the lovely Roots about their elopement and being jealous. Yes, I had the lovely Disney wedding I had wanted but it got kind of overshadowed by rude family members. It would have be much better if it were just us plus our kids. And maybe our parents....:rotfl:

We are eloping in 2 months :) Our actual ceremony will be in Leu Gardens not Disney, the prices were too high just for the two of us, but we are having an illuminations cruise later than night. We are having a big party when we get home, if its what you want to do go for it :)

We are eloping in 2 months :) Our actual ceremony will be in Leu Gardens not Disney, the prices were too high just for the two of us, but we are having an illuminations cruise later than night. We are having a big party when we get home, if its what you want to do go for it :)

I did the same as Tink, ceremony was at the Royal Wedding Chapel instead and we had a reception at Wolfgang Puck in Downtown Disney. We did not elope, but if we had we would have had the ceremony at the Polynesian (sunset point??) and a private butlered dinner at the Grand Floridian, which was absolutely fabulous!

Just make sure whatever you decide is what you guys want!! Good luck to you in your plans!

I have been chatting to my mum and she thinks we should go have an awesome wedding at WDW and just come back an have a BBQ here in aus!!

OK so i tried on dresses today.... exciting and I found the one it was the one that i chose off the internet...
anyways I spoke to my nan her and I are really close and she told me to elope too so now i just have to get my partner to commit to where and when and we should be on our way if we want the 21st of October next year we better get hurry on!!!
p.s. This is my dress.....
http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?style=S5261

We eloped with an Escape wedding at Disney (and flew from Germany to do it), but then had a big shebang with all our friends and family later (also at Disney).

All our family and friends knew we were going to get married. I was in Iraq and he was supposed to overlap with me in Iraq, so we were going to just do the legal thing and have the big wedding on his R&R trip a year later. In the end, I came home a few months early, so we were both in Germany for a couple months. We needed to take a trip to the states to see family (me, since I had just come from Iraq and him because he was going), but he said he still wanted to be married before he left.

We thought about just doing the JP thing while visiting family, but I thought that would be weird to have the "legal" wedding with family around only to invite them to the big wedding later. Plus, it didn't sound nearly as fun.

So, we didn't tell anyone I was home from Iraq, except my BFF and her DH and baby daughter. We made all the plans in one week (hotel at WDW, dress, groom outfit, cake and flower choices, minister and song choices, hiring Patricia LeJeune) and flew to Orlando. We got married at Sunset Pointe (in front of the Poly) with just those 2 1/2 guests. It was amazing, simple, easy and SOO much fun.

Then we flew to see family. My being there was a surprise, but so was us being married. No one could be mad for long, because we had a photo album with great pics already, plus we were still having the big to-do later on.

In retrospect, I loved the way we did it. I loved our grand affair with all our friends, but it really helped that we were already married. I saw it as more of a celebration with family and friend, so it was a days-long party. But, I love our simple elopement just as much, if not more. We were not stressed or having to deal with anyone else's opinions or wishes.

I think you have a great idea of letting your family throw a bbq when you get back. Then you end up with the best parts of both!

If you're further curious, the link to my TR is the first on the left in my signature.

Thanks Heidi we have finally decided on a wishes wedding although I dont know if we will have 10 people ther....:confused3
Oh well I think we will work it out!!

We eloped. It was awesome. No one to worry about. Spent all the wedding money on ourselves rather than extended family we rarely talk to. Sure, it sounds cold; but it was our day. We had an absolute blast and wouldn't change a thing (except splurge on a bigger photo package - we'll do the castle for our 10th anniversary). Whatever you do, do it for you and your DF.

I don't know anthing about eloping at Disney, but I just wanted to say that I think eloping is great! It's a family tradition for us.. my grandparents eloped, my parents eloped, and my sister eloped. If I ever marry, I intend to do the same.

My fiance's cousin and his wife did.

I wanted to elope but FI wanted a big wedding. He has a much bigger family than I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter