• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever accidentally run into a celebrity at WDW?

Lord Manhammer

DIS Veteran
I'm posting this in the resorts thread because that's where it happened but if it belongs somewhere else, Mods, feel free to move it.

Have any of you ever bumped into a celebrity at a Disney property and what was it like? Years ago when I lived in Orlando, my gf, our son, and I were leaving the Boardwalk in the evening (we were playing scrabble in the lounge) and ran into none other than Dennis Rodman himself in the empty lobby. We got a kick out of this as we are both from Detroit. Rodman was gracious, and even held my son for a few minutes before commenting, "he's beautiful, but tired. Take him home." It was really a wonderful moment that I'll never forget. Despite what you read, Rodman was a real gentleman.

Hopefully there are some good stories out there.

Saw David Bromstad from My Lottery Dream Home at AK last July. He was completely uninterested in acknowledging that we recognized him so we didn't bother to try to engage him at all. He quickly moved off as if he was afraid we were going to ask for a picture.

Yes! Back in 2021 my family and I were walking in the Land pavilion and as we were coming around from the top to get on the escalators to go downstairs, there was another family leaving. The mom was just getting up from tying her shoe and both the other family and my family looked at each other and said hi and then were on our way. As soon as we got on the escalator, I said to my family “Do you know who that was?!” and of course they didn’t, but I was freaking out. It was Jodi Benson! To this day I still get upset with myself because I didn’t ask for a picture, but I was literally in complete shock!

Saw David Bromstad from My Lottery Dream Home at AK last July. He was completely uninterested in acknowledging that we recognized him so we didn't bother to try to engage him at all. He quickly moved off as if he was afraid we were going to ask for a picture.
Now I'm crushed. He seems so friendly on TV, I've always wanted to see him in person.

Hulk Hogan and Michael Phelps at MK
Milan Lucic at DL
Several NBA players and alums were in the 1992 Orlando all-star game. I was too young to recall which ones.
Maybe one of the Property Brothers at Aulani
Frankie Grande at Aulani. I don't know who Frankie is, but several guests told me who he was.

If Disney Vloggers count - Molly (formerly from Allears), Paging Mr Morrow, and Tom Bricker.

Not WDW and not even sure she counts as a celebrity but I was behind Meri from Sister Wives and her child while on line for Pinnochio's Daring Journey at Disneyland. The ride had broken down and I remember Meri going absolutely nuts towards a CM about it.

Walked passed Tracy Morgan once at AK a few years back (pre-pandemic) and he was getting mobbed outside of Pizzafari lol

I’ve seen Mariah Carey & Gloria Estefan from afar at different times around the 4th July when they still had the Rose Garden at MK and they were using that for fireworks viewing for them (not at the same time obviously. This was different years)

When we were at MK last Thursday (6th July) there was someone who played for the NY Giants there with their family that we had no idea who it was but some guy on the table next to us outside of The Plaza recognised him and he went over to him and spoke to him for a minute. He kept calling him Saq so we think it might have been Saquon Barkley but not 100% sure. He definitely played for the Giants though.

Also seen Michael J. Fox at DHS back when it was MGM and they did those handprint ceremonies outside of The Great Movie Ride and a lot of the Star War cast when they used to do SWW there.

My biggest one though wasn’t at Disney but at Universal. We were walking along near where The Simpsons Ride is and Michael Jackson was walking behind us with his kids and security and getting absolutely (and I mean absolutely) mobbed by people who were losing their minds over him. I don’t know how he was even walking through the park there were so many people all crowded around him and walking along with him with his security keeping them all a safe distance away but Michael was still waving and interacting with them. It was one of the most surreal experiences I’ve had at any of the parks. Some random man literally grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me by them screaming “It’s Michael Jackson!!!” he was that hyped up about it whereas I was an unbothered emo teen at the time and didn’t really care. I was more annoyed they’d shut down the Men in Black ride for him and his kids to go on so it was just them as that was where we had been heading when we got caught up in the commotion lol I just remember his kids having Spider-Man masks on as well so that you couldn’t see them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter