Have you ever boycotted a company?

I don't listen to anyone telling me I should boycott a business. I'll make up my own freaking mind, I don't need talking points. Chick-fil-A makes a great product and I was very impressed at their business practices and how they recycle. I'm not going to be part of some silly boycott because their faith and who they choose to donate may not agree with mine. I'm bigger then that and more open minded too, wish more people were.

I've been able to make up my own mind about all the companies I choose to boycott. SeaWorld was my first, after I spent time working with dolphins in captivity. I vowed never to support that "entertainment" ever again. WalMart has made some very cruel and bossy choices in my region, so that was an easy decision too. It's that simple. I just look at my daughter and her wife, and how amazing they are together, and the companies that choose to push anti-LGBTQ agendas are easy to take off my shopping list. Amazon is going to be a hard one, and I will use them for some things after the pandemic is over, but I'm planning on dumping prime. I'm going to be paying close attention to the two new regional distribution centers near me to see if I need to make even fewer purchases from them. I've decided to make these choices myself, not part of anyone else's agenda. It's my agenda.

I was boycotting Wendy’s for a while but then I wanted a baconator...
:lmao: I stopped going to Wendy's after a bad experience with an employee and a dismissive manager when I said something about it...."Oh, that's just the way she is.":sad2: It only lasted so long because I also called the 800 number, the district manager got ahold of me apologized for how I was treated and sent me a $25 gift card. I never saw the person I had issues with again and have since gotten excellent service every time we go there. DH says the person probably got fired and they now hang my picture up at the drive thru to warn others. :laughing:

I also stopped shopping my local Kmart after I had a fall in their store and the manager and an other employee(both female) actually laughed at me. After a call to corporate to complain I got a hand written of apology from a young guy about how he didn't provide me with the assistance I needed. Poor guy probably wasn't even around when I fell and didn't have anything to do my experience and he probably got the blame for it.

Not for political or faith reasons. But the Safeway grocery closest to me is a miserable place.....they must treat their employees badly because everyone is sullen and dour. Another one a few miles further away is totally different. The closest one no longer gets my $200+ weekly shop. Now, if I'm in the middle of a recipe and need an ingredient, I grit my teeth and go.

I haven‘t eaten at Boston Market for 20 years and will never eat at Shake Shack again. I don’t know if you’d call it a protest, unless I were protesting inedible food. Both places made me incredibly sick with bad cases of food poisoning. Shake Shake- ICU for 5 days with kidney failure/sepsis. Will never and have never eaten at either place since.

Marshalls. I had purchased a few hundred dollars of merchandise and brought one item back for return. The cashier gave me a very hard time about returning a sweater I’d purchased that had developed a hole in a seam in the first wearing. I went home and grabbed all the items I’d purchased and brought them back to return. A completely different cashier returned all the items including the original one. No questions asked. I put in a complaint with the manager about the original cashier and vowed never to shop there again.

No, I base my spending on my needs and wants. I care about a company's goods and services, not what the owner or someone affilated with them says, things or does. This is American and they are entitled to their opinions.
Interesting, how people see things differently. IMO, America was set up with the idea that The People could determine the boundaries in which society functions. Therefore, it was unnecessary for laws or kings to decide those things. It didn't mean, in America, people could do whatever they wanted, without consequence. But the consequences would be dolled out by The People through their choices, not governments or kings dictating things.

Obviously, we have seen when and how The People have failed and we have needed to enact laws to protects people's rights when a majority would not stand up for them on Main Street. However, because I believe it is the responsibility of The People, it means I have an obligation to speak up whenever I see something that is not okay with me. If I refuse to do this, then I am abdicating my responsibilities as a member of society. So if I want society to be less racist, less misogynistic, less xenophobic etc., or how I think people should be fairly compensated for their labor, my most powerful influence is through how I spend my dollars and contacting companies directly, on occasion. The idea that we are now declaring this as "cancel culture" and a bad thing, IMO is anathema to how I believe we actually want free markets to work to influence social change. If we want social change, our options are limited. Edicts from kings, or laws by government, or The People. If we fail to create a just society in practice, (which is more than saying that's what we have) with the rules we have chosen (democracy, capitalism, etc,) then that's where all the pressure comes from to change the rules (other types of governments and economies). So if we like our system, and want to see it succeed, we should participate completely.

So yes, I have and do boycott companies.

No. But I’m up for anything. What did you have in mind? 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
Make sure you tell everyone to boycott Disney whenever I go. :)
Not for political or faith reasons. But the Safeway grocery closest to me is a miserable place.....they must treat their employees badly because everyone is sullen and dour. Another one a few miles further away is totally different. The closest one no longer gets my $200+ weekly shop. Now, if I'm in the middle of a recipe and need an ingredient, I grit my teeth and go.
The right boss vs the wrong boss can make a huge difference within almost any company.

I also stopped shopping my local Kmart after I had a fall in their store and the manager and an other employee(both female) actually laughed at me.
I think I've seen those employees somewhere. Oh yes. Here they are. They got thrown in jail for violating a good samaritan law.

Interesting, how people see things differently. IMO, America was set up with the idea that The People could determine the boundaries in which society functions. Therefore, it was unnecessary for laws or kings to decide those things. It didn't mean, in America, people could do whatever they wanted, without consequence. But the consequences would be dolled out by The People through their choices, not governments or kings dictating things.

Obviously, we have seen when and how The People have failed and we have needed to enact laws to protects people's rights when a majority would not stand up for them on Main Street. However, because I believe it is the responsibility of The People, it means I have an obligation to speak up whenever I see something that is not okay with me. If I refuse to do this, then I am abdicating my responsibilities as a member of society. So if I want society to be less racist, less misogynistic, less xenophobic etc., or how I think people should be fairly compensated for their labor, my most powerful influence is through how I spend my dollars and contacting companies directly, on occasion. The idea that we are now declaring this as "cancel culture" and a bad thing, IMO is anathema to how I believe we actually want free markets to work to influence social change. If we want social change, our options are limited. Edicts from kings, or laws by government, or The People. If we fail to create a just society in practice, (which is more than saying that's what we have) with the rules we have chosen (democracy, capitalism, etc,) then that's where all the pressure comes from to change the rules (other types of governments and economies). So if we like our system, and want to see it succeed, we should participate completely.

So yes, I have and do boycott companies.
Opinions are protected by the Constitution.

Well I never get fast food chicken but I wouldn't go to Chick fil A and have no reason to go to Hobby Lobby either. Also have added Yuengling and Sarris Candies here in PA over the last few years. I'm sure they are doing just fine without me, I have switched to Fat Tire as my go to everyday beer.

I decide whether I am going to patronize a business based on my own opinions and experiences. Yes, there are some companies I prefer not to do business with, for various reasons, so I don’t. But I am not going to judge someone if they choose to do business with them, and I hope no one would judge me either.

Yes, Chick-fil-A.
Yep, I know their story. I haven't been there in over a year. BUT, one of these days the craving will take over the sensibilty of my brain.
I did for a little while but then I discovered that one of the things that they were against was just a paper tiger. They employed many, many people that they publicly denounced, so I felt that action cancels out viewpoints. I do not really buy much in the line of meals, but I do mall walking and to reward myself for my efforts I always walk into the food court and buy a small iced tea. It is to the point now that when they see me walking up from across the food court, they have it ready for me by the time I get there. Course that isn't a corporate thing but the people that work there are very nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter