Have you ever dreamt of something and then it happened?

Too many for comfort. DH has gotten so used to them that he says if we were at the airport and I said, "I don't think we should get on that plane," he'd pick up the carry on luggage and do an about face from the plane, no questions asked. :lmao: Bear in mind that most of mine involve knowing somone has just died or is going to die soon (and I do have witnesses to verify that I told them of what I thought had happened/was coming) and you can understand why he's a believer. He's seen it too many times.

The odd thing is, there is no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes it's just an acquaintance or some famous person that I'm not even a fan of. You'd think it would be a close relative or something, but it usually isn't. Just random. The funniest one is when I was a teenager and was eating at a restaurant with a friend. (What happened to the person/victim isn't funny, but my friend's reaction was.) We were talking about a famous person and I made a very specific remark about what would happen to this person soon, namely being shot. We got in the car, drove home and turned on the TV. Lo and behold, someone had just shot the person. My friend almost had a heart attack and was bug-eyed. :scared: She kept asking how I knew and I just told her I had no idea HOW I knew, but that I just knew. And that's how it is.

I kept it to myself for ages, because people either think you're nuts or they expect you to predict things and it just doesn't work like that. I may go a few years without it happening. I finally said something when I realized my sister had similar experiences. She saved our mother's life once because of a dream. I still don't tell many people. Who wants to hear, "Hey guess what? Sometimes I know when people are going to die! How cool is that?" :scared1: Heck, it still freaks ME out, I can only imagine what it does to others. :rotfl2: In college, I did not say, "Hi, I'm _____. My major is _____ and I foresee dead people."

Like someone else said, I don't like it when it happens, but there's nothing to be done about it. When I was much younger, I felt guilty, as if I was somehow CAUSING these things to happen to people since I knew about them ahead of time. As I got older, I realized I had nothing to do with it. My sister likens it to being able to briefly tune into a radio frequency and hear (dream/see) information that most people can't hear and even WE aren't meant to hear. But for a brief few moments, just like when you turned the dial on an old radio and got all that static and squealing, you would occasionally hear a snippet of music or news before it was lost to more static and squealing. She says what we "get" is those snippets....only it's information about what's to come. Some people are just better at picking up the frequency than others. It's as good an explanation as any.

I once dreamt that my grandma fell down and hurt herself. It bothered me and so woke me up. I got up, got breakfast, was puttering around the house, then got the call that my grandma had fallen down and hurt her wrist and been rushed to the hospital at just about the time I had been waking up.

Weirdness.

But that's the only incident.

Yes, and it was scary. It's been a while and I can't remember particulars.

I also sometimes have forebodings. This past summer, I had this urgent need to clean and get my chores caught up and I felt something bad was on the horizon. That feeling was very strong and distinct. That night, my Mom called to say my grandmother had died. She hadn't been sick or anything, so it wasn't expected. After hearing that, I was sad of course, but all those feelings I had earlier in the day made perfect sense and all I did allowed me to be ready to do what I had to for the next few days. It was an odd feeling. DH was surprised and said he thought it was eerie, since I kept saying all day that something bad was coming.

I've had that happen to me, but about really inconsequential things.

Perfect example:

I dreamt that I was in an office, and three managers at my work were in this office talking. I remember waking & thinking that it was weird because I didn't interact with these managers, and why would I dream about them in some office where I didn't work? Three years later, I was an admin, and had an office, and those three managers were in my office in the same positions as they were in my dream. I remember thinking something like, "Well, that took some time to come true," but it didn't have any real significance.

Yeah, actually, when I was young I dreamed the answers for the next day's math test (and they were right!).

It happens to me all the time. It's really freaky.

The first time I remember it happening was I dreamed I got off an elevator, came to brown wall, couldn't decide to turn left or turn right. So several years down the road I started working at this place and had been there a while when it happened. I realized immediately I had dreamed it. When I dreamed it, I didn't work at this place nor had ever been to the building.

Yes it happened to me just last week. I had a dream about lottery numbers and if I would of played those numbers I'd have $250,000 right now!:headache: I wrote down the numbers and forgot about it until the next day. I asked DH if he had seen the numbers for the night before he hadn't I handed him my paper and asked him to check, he looked at me and asked if I played. I said no he said to bad you had 5 out of 6! Oh well maybe my next time I have a dream with numbers I'll make sure I play.

Only once that I can remember,and it was kind of stupid. I must've been... oh... 5 at the time. I dreamed that my family and I were in a bar-type area that was recessed from the rest of the restaurant. That was weird because we never sat in the bar. But there were some very specific landmarks, and the tables were round and in a certain pattern. About 5 years later, we decided to try a new steakhouse, and we passed by the bar area and it was EXACTLY the bar from my dream. In my dream it had been all lit up, but in real life it was dark because it wasn't time for them to start serving yet. Also, instead of being in it I was walking past it, but it was the same bar. It kind of freaked me out.

This one happened to my mom: my cousin was sick with cancer and didn't have long to live. One morning, my mom was listening to a song on the radio and just started sobbing. When I asked what was wrong, she said, "I feel like Brenda is dead." About 5 minutes later we got a call, and the person on the other end said, "Brenda died 5 minutes ago." :eek:

I'm glad that most of my dreams don't come true; I have some pretty weird and awful ones.

I have, and it is scary. I have several times had a detailed dream about a specific place, and then in the future found myself there.

Yes. It happens pretty frequently to me. The first time that I recall is when I had a dream of where our room would be the first time we stayed at the Contemporary in the north garden wing; in my dream, our room was on the third floor, on the left side of the hallway, all the way at the end. Needless to say, that's where our actual room ended up being.

I have a few times. The one I remember the most is about a friend I used to work with. I had a dream she was pregnant. I told her about it the next day. At the time she didn't say anything, but at the end of the day she told me she had just taken a preg test and was pregnant. :)

My grandpa also came to me in a dream a couple of weeks after he died. That was a really nice dream.

The one that comes to mind is that I had a dream while I was pregnant with my younger son that he was born 8 lbs. 14 oz. He was born two days later - at 8:14 a.m....and yes, he was 8 lbs. 14 oz.

Oooohhh....I'd almost forgotten about the one with numbers, but your post reminded me of it.

Back during the Iranian Hostage Crisis, every single day the news would say, "This is Day 20, 21, 22, 23......53, 54, 55, 56, etc. of the hostage crisis." Every morning we woke up to THE COUNT. Our moms would drive us to school and have the news on or we'd have the radio on in the morning and hear THE COUNT. One day fairly early in the hostage crisis, 3-4 of us were on our way to school and one of the girls said, "How long do you think they'll hold them hostage before they let them go?" The answer popped into my head....as it does...."When they finally let them go, it will be on a day when all the digits are the same. You know, like 333 or 444 or 555." Of course, my friends looked at me like....WHATEVER. :confused3 As I said, I don't know WHY I get the answer, I just get the answer.

Over a year later, they were released on Day 444 and I got a big case of self-inflicted heebie jeebies. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter