Have you ever given blood? Plasma? Are you an organ donor?

I'm 0 negative. Used to donate all the time. Still keep my Red Cross card filled with the dates I donated and my blood type
My Driver's License has me down as a donor

And as far as plasma is concerned......I'm infused every Wednesday with a plasma based medicine to help keep me alive so THANK YOU to all who have donated. You are very special to me. :love:
O- here also donated a lot of blood and need to do it again. My son is O- and he has small red blood cells so better for children and babies.

I used to give blood frequently, by the time I had moved to my current location at age 23, I had given 3 gallons. I am O+. I continued to give for many years, but I only have 1 good vein in my arm and it is currently very scarred up. When I was in the hospital at age 40 and needed strong intravenous medication, it was an issue. I stopped giving blood at that time. If the people doing it could use my other veins I would continue. At this point it is even a problem twice a year when I have blood drawn for my endocrinologist appt, they have to try multiple veins most of the time before they can get blood.

I am an organ donor and registered for marrow donations.

I'm O+ so I used to donate often from 18 until my early 30's when I had to stop, because an autoimmune problem which makes me have a chronic low white blood cell count. Interesting thing about blood types I didn't know until we had our son. I'm O+, my husband is AB+.... our son is A+. I always thought kids had to have the same types as one of their parents but when O and AB mix you get either A or B. And my rare blood type husband does not donate his blood, unfortunately. I know, I've nagged.

I am O+, DH is A+. 2 of our kids are A-! It's possible for kids to have different +/- also. DD will have to watch if she ever becomes pregnant.

Yes, O+ and CMV- so it can be used for babies, I understand. Everyone should see if they're CMV negative.

I’m not allowed to give blood unless I’m celibate for at least 12 months before donating. Ain’t gonna happen... And I used to enjoy donating as I’m B- and that type is always in demand.

In college we used to donate blood and then go our drinking. Dumb.

I can't donate blood anymore but I am an organ donor. I am thinking about donating my body to science instead though.

Yes, O+ and CMV- so it can be used for babies, I understand. Everyone should see if they're CMV negative.
I tried to find a reference about viruses and red blood cell size on internet before I posted but couldn’t. All I could find were various references to anemia and other disease conditions that result in small size. My son is very healthy and I knew it was due to lack of a viral infection. Now I will google cmv plus small size so thanks for this.

I used to give blood frequently, but I always felt terrible afterwards. The last time, I barely made it into my house and onto my couch before I passed out. So, no more donating for me.

I am an organ donor though. I have actually thought about donating my body to science. I certainly will no longer be needing it.

I was able to give blood once when there was a shortage and it was needed. Most other times, I've been turned away due to my anemia.

No to plasma. However, yes to being an organ donor.

I’m O- and have donated blood regularly since the Pulse shooting. I’m also down as an organ donor and on the blood marrow registry.

I am marked as an organ donor. The first time I donated blood, I almost passed out and felt sick the whole day. The next two times I got brave enough to try again, my iron was too low.

DH is a big supporter of blood donation and gives platelets every 2 weeks. He has gotten our kids to start donating too. They are all signed up organ donors as well.

Yes, organ donor. Haven’t donated blood in a very long time. I have blood drawn for testing so often that I feel like a pin cushion.

Thank you to all who are organ donors and for sharing your wishes with your families.

I want to share our organ donor success story. My daughter was given 3-5 days to live when she was born in 1989. She was able to get a heart transplant from another infant that passed away. Because the family of that baby chose to donate his organs my daughter turned 30 years old last March. There is no doubt in my mind that organ donation saves lives.

The last time I tried to donate they wouldn't let me because of some of the places I've traveled to. I am a registered organ donor though.
I’m not allowed to give blood unless I’m celibate for at least 12 months before donating. Ain’t gonna happen... And I used to enjoy donating as I’m B- and that type is always in demand.
That's a really stupid rule. Is it because of homophobia perhaps, or is there another reason why you can't?

I’ve never donated; I’ve looked into it but the times and locations have just made it extremely difficult. Now I don’t think they’d want my blood anyway for the next few years. I am an organ donor though.

I haven't given blood in a while. Last time I tried there was some problem with my heart rate being too high or something. I'm not really sure.

Also an organ donor.

I spent a summer volunteering in the component room at a blood donation place. I don't actually remember what all I did there, but it was interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter