Have you ever gone glamping before and if so where?

I picture glamping as sleeping a tent, but a fancy one (large, set up by professionals, on a raised platform, with furniture) and still going outside the tent for the traditional campfire experience.

I've never been, but would like to.

I picture glamping as sleeping a tent, but a fancy one (large, set up by professionals, on a raised platform, with furniture) and still going outside the tent for the traditional campfire experience.

I've never been, but would like to.
New England has several options.

I am not a camper. For me , glamping is not sleep on the ground, 😂. There are places with big fancy tents or yurts with actual beds. I would do that type of camping. The local place I want to do is one with airstream and and hot tubs.

I stayed in luxury tented camps while on safari in East Africa — semi-permanent canvas structures with king beds, butlers, champagne, and plunge pools on your private deck kind of set ups. I’ve also stayed in cabins while on outdoorsy trips to Virginia and Maine as well as toured the country in an RV, but I don’t consider those to fit the definition of glamping.

We've been glamping in the desert in Morocco and on safari in Kenya. Both times we stayed in huts that were a cross between a safari tent and a cabin. There were attached bathrooms with flushing toilets and real beds. One of the places in Kenya had bucket showers so we had to tell them in advance when we planned to shower so they could heat up the water and fill up the tubs just outside of the tent. It was a lot of fun both times especially since people fed us sit-down meals and we didn't have to do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter