Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

You're not special!
I teach high school. I've had to tell more than a few boys about the secrets of soap and deodorant. 9th grade boys are often oblivious (yeah, some freshman classes have a boys-who-just-got-out-of-PE-smell), but 10th grade boys tend to have figured out that girls aren't attracted to stinky.

I promise you, 9th grade girls can smell too. It's not a male-only issue. Thanks.

Was reading some discussion on poor behavior at WDW in another thread, I was curious if anyone has ever taken matters into their own hands to point out or even correct the behavior? Or did you reach out to a cast member, and what was their response?
i am short statured. People think it is okay to squeeze their tall child in front of me..usually I just grumble. One time when I complained to the parent they told me the fireworks were for the children and how dare I complain. The kid could have stood behind me and seen everything over my head. He was easily 5 foot 5 or 5 foot 6. I am 5’1”. I never see parades or fireworks because I just hate having to stare at tall peoples backs or heads. Let me in front, I won’t block you!

cast members were frazzled. They did see her shove her kid in front of me, and they told the cast member they did not see me. Yea I am short…but not invisible!

i am short statured. People think it is okay to squeeze their tall child in front of me..usually I just grumble. One time when I complained to the parent they told me the fireworks were for the children and how dare I complain. The kid could have stood behind me and seen everything over my head. He was easily 5 foot 5 or 5 foot 6. I am 5’1”. I never see parades or fireworks because I just hate having to stare at tall peoples backs or heads. Let me in front, I won’t block you!

cast members were frazzled. They did see her shove her kid in front of me, and they told the cast member they did not see me. Yea I am short…but not invisible!
5'0" here. I always say we need a section for 5'2" and under. It never fails that I will position myself where I can see and right after the show starts, a tall person moves in front of me. This includes shows where all other seats in the row they chose are empty and there are multiple empty rows/ sections. I usually just grumble and move myself.

In line for Soarin’ with my kids and niece and nephew and these two guys start yelling at each other about letting someone in a scooter through the line. Mind you, the person in the scooter wasn’t even with either party, just one guy thought the scooter should be allowed to go straight to the front and the other thought they should wait. As long as they are just yelling, I don’t care, but soon enough one guys decides he has had enough and is going to get physical. I try and talk him down and say it’s not worth it, but he is very angry by now. Now I don’t want anyone bumping my kids around or god forbid accidentally hitting them, so I hold this guy back while he flails at the other guy, who at least has the common sense to not get into a fist fight at Disney. Soon enough the guy’s wife that I am holding back tells him someone is calling security, so they take off and bail out of line.

Security shows up a couple minutes later, thanks me and asks if I am ok and takes a brief statement. No fast passes or anything, can you believe that😀

I just don’t see how you get so worked up at Disney.

I've seen people use their strollers like battering rams to get through crowds, and usually with an angry look on their faces. We dont have kids, so mobility in the parks isn't nearly as difficult for us comparatively speaking. I always imagined what it must be like with hungry, tired kids in tow while trying to weave through the crowds with a big ol stroller. When confronted with a battering ram person, it makes it easy to smile, step aside, allowing them through, all the while thinking...there but for the grace of God go I....lol

I am one of the unfortunate ones to get "battered" by the battering rams while at disney. Before we left for vacation, I got a severe case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot and couldn't walk. So for the first time ever, my husband had to push me in a wheelchair. We entered MK with all the rope droppers but we kept to the right side of the road against the edge to keep out of other's way. When we got to the junction past the ice cream parlor where it turns right with a short cut to tomorrow land, a huge man with a huge double stroller rammed right into my wheelchair trying to cut me off, I guess, and get to 7 DMT before everyone else. This was when 7DMT first opened. He ran over my left foot rest and broke it plus broke the wheel!!!! Luckily I had my foot up off the rest at the time or it would have been broken, along with my PF right foot. It was so crowded that my husband couldn't even yell at him. He took off and barged into other people too. We had to go back to the front entrance and get another wheelchair. We told the CM and he shook his head and said that this was not a lone incident, that they see this almost every day. How sad. I still can't believe this happened all this time later.

No way am I confronting someone during my vacation. Vacation is all about relaxation and fun, not getting negative. Some people are jerks & we have to accept that, frankly. The most I would do would be to report it to a CM, but even that would only be in an extreme case.

If someone's extreme belligerence ruined a ride experience for us, I would quietly tell the CM at the end of the ride & request being taken near the front of the line for a repeat experience.

I agree. You never know how things might escalate if you confront someone. Unless someone is in immediate danger, I'll get a CM involved if there's a problem that I can't simply ignore.

One time when I complained to the parent they told me the fireworks were for the children and how dare I complain.

That is such an odd statement to me, because I think of fireworks being something adults tend to appreciate more than kids. Or at least that adults tend to want to actually watch an entire presentation more often than little kids do.

Maybe I just know weird kids. ;) (Same with parades. Most kids I know go to parades for free stuff being thrown at them. If there's no candy & goodies being launched their way, they lose interest after a relatively short amount of time, even parades as well done as Disney parades.)

Just wondered if you were ever injured by someone else that felt entitled to do so by their bad behavior. Yes, a Disney vacation is expensive……does not give anyone the right to ruin another's vacation by inflicting harm…imho. For some , the World did stop.

I literally have no idea what you're talkng about. My comment was quoting another poster, who was talking about her dog's interaction with another dog. I certainly never said anything about "giving anyone having the right to ruin another's vacation"! I was admiring another's turn of phrase, in a sentence that was tangential to the topic at hand.

Props for touching a Guest.

In their infinite wisdom, Disney sold quick-flashing ears (maybe a hat) for Fantasmic a few years ago.

I had the displeasure of sitting behind a person who would not listen to reason about how annoying these flashing lights were to all the people sitting in the rows immediately behind.

The reaction was simply, "Disney sold me this product, so I'm gonna' wear it!"

Disney replaced the flashing ears with slow-glowing ones for Happily Ever After.
At Fantasmic we once sat behind a woman wearing a flashing Christmas necklace. A few minutes into the show my brother leaned forward and asked her to turn it off. The woman was so embarrassed because she didn’t know how to and was so thankful when we showed her. We ended up having a good laugh with her.

Last edited:
So far the worst behaviour I've seen at WDW has been a member of my own party. In restaurants, I gritted my teeth, and carefully timed a trip to the washroom when I could see our server at the order kiosk to slip them an extra tip. In the parks, I took note of CMs he may have sniped at and sent them a #castcompliment later that night. I just didn't have the energy for a big confrontation during the trip, and I doubt it would have helped anyway.

Ohhhh. Sad. I so feel for you. I've done the very same thing due to a family member's rude behavior. It's completely humiliating and I feel so badly for the CM's that they aim their irrational rage towards.
It's gotten better with time and therapy, but I still feel anxious when I can feel them start to get irritable.

No, I have seen some people being slight jerks, but 99% of the people I see in Disney are fine. On the flip side I’ve never had anyone say anything to me, ever. I think things like this are not unusual, but they are also not common.

No, I have seen some people being slight jerks, but 99% of the people I see in Disney are fine. On the flip side I’ve never had anyone say anything to me, ever. I think things like this are not unusual, but they are also not common.

Yea I think for the most part people are in their own little bubbles enjoying their vacation and not paying attention to what others are doing.

That is such an odd statement to me, because I think of fireworks being something adults tend to appreciate more than kids. Or at least that adults tend to want to actually watch an entire presentation more often than little kids do.

Maybe I just know weird kids. ;) (Same with parades. Most kids I know go to parades for free stuff being thrown at them. If there's no candy & goodies being launched their way, they lose interest after a relatively short amount of time, even parades as well done as Disney parades.)
Well here it seems the opposite…many families with small kids stake out a prime fireworks spot here in nj for 4th of July. One little girl kept asking her parents if “this was the finale?” And she was so excited to see the finale.. But after the finale she said…why is it over?? She thought finale meant something different, I guess…all he kids were cheering and saying woooo ooohhhh woooooooowwwwww etc…adorable!
The mom in Disney at the fireworks was acting like an entitled witch…her kid looked kinda embarrassed, actually.
i remember as a small child falling in love with the Main Street electrical parade, so there are exceptions.

Yes in AK in 2020 during marathon week. We were waiting to cross the pathway to get to expedition Everest and this women behind us kept ramming my wife’s heels with a stroller and when it came time to cross just about tripped my wife from behind. When confronted she blamed us and said she had a stroller and we should get out of her way. My kids just about went off on her. But she thought she was entitled to ram and trip neoprene in front of them.

We had to go back to the front entrance and get another wheelchair. We told the CM and he shook his head and said that this was not a lone incident, that they see this almost every day. How sad. I still can't believe this happened all this time later

I was worried enough about this that I instituted a 'Single File" rule with DD in the middle. She is a little-bitty thing and she could be seriously hurt by a battering ram person. Not that there is anything you could have done. DH and I are more of the immovable-object variety. In fact, when he was a soccer player, that was one of his things. Other players would run into him and fall down.

I let people in front of me once, because I was so shocked. After that, if I thought someone would be doing that, I'd grab both rails and say "No" when they tried to get by. When they'd fuss I'd say "No, you can't cut", and when they said they were just meeting with their people. I'd say, their people could go backward in the line. No one would mind that.

The only time I have “confronted” another guest was last fall when distancing was being enforced. A family in line behind us was paying no attention to where they were standing, or maybe they just didn’t care. They started off at the distancing marker, and each time the line moved, they crept a little closer and a little closer, until they might as well have been part of my family. It was making me uncomfortable. I finally offered to switch places with them in line. They were more considerate after that.

On a non-Disney vacation recently, a man was going to cut in the line for the rental car shuttle. He and his group of seven (all adults) walked up to the barricade and waited for the line to move and then attempted to through the gap where the barricade ended to cut in front of my then 9 year-old daughter. She saw what was about to happen, and before I could say anything to this man, she swung her rolling suitcase in front of the gap where the barricade met the line so that he couldn’t go in front of her. He was obviously not expecting this from a child, and the expression on his face was priceless! My daughter and I still laugh about it. :rotfl2:

The only time I have “confronted” another guest was last fall when distancing was being enforced. A family in line behind us was paying no attention to where they were standing, or maybe they just didn’t care. They started off at the distancing marker, and each time the line moved, they crept a little closer and a little closer, until they might as well have been part of my family. It was making me uncomfortable. I finally offered to switch places with them in line. They were more considerate after that.

On a non-Disney vacation recently, a man was going to cut in the line for the rental car shuttle. He and his group of seven (all adults) walked up to the barricade and waited for the line to move and then attempted to through the gap where the barricade ended to cut in front of my then 9 year-old daughter. She saw what was about to happen, and before I could say anything to this man, she swung her rolling suitcase in front of the gap where the barricade met the line so that he couldn’t go in front of her. He was obviously not expecting this from a child, and the expression on his face was priceless! My daughter and I still laugh about it. :rotfl2:
Lol kid has your back!
😍

Why is it at the deluxe resorts the bus lines are a free-for-all? We were staying at the CR and waiting for the AK bus. We were there a good 15-20 minutes. Of course, just as the bus pulled up a loud, large family literally pushed ahead of everyone!. One brave soul announced "hey we were here first!" Of course, the family didn't listen. I knew there were plenty of seats for the people waiting, but it's just so rude! How do people live like that on a daily basis? Our society is doomed to fall by the hand of the self-centered-me-firsters. What happened to manners and human kindness?:love2:

The free-for-all at deluxe and moderate bus stops at busy times gives me anxiety. That is one reason I like the values, the bus stops are more orderly since there is an actual queue line for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter