Have You Ever Had To Confront Another Guest's Poor Behavior?

Why on earth haven't they instituted the line guides at ALL resorts bus stops?
I’d rather sit on a bench in the shade to wait. The bus stops at the Moderates or deluxe are rarely that crowded IMO. When the sign with the bus times show bus is coming soon we start to stand by where bus stops. I find most people sort themselves out and know generally who was there before them.

my sister just texted me this morning. two boys, no masks, running in and out of the lines, goofy pre teens misbehaving no parents. She told them to put a mask on right now and told them they are cutting the line and that was not ok. (she is a former teacher)

yesterday I was in line at Toy Story Mania and lady behind me kept stopping so close to me that she tapped my backpack continously. zero sense of personal space. I had to reach back and grab something in my bag and ofcourse bumped her and asked that she please not stand so close to me. she seemed shocked at the request however reluctantly gave me space. I could hear her sarcasticly asking her friend if the space was enough and I turned around and said "yes it is" and flashed a thumbs 👍 up! she didn't expect that but it shut her up.
I had to ask a woman to give me some space too. She was maybe a foot away from me. I don‘t understand it. Do they think it will get them on the attraction any sooner? I think some people are just spacially unaware.

my sister just texted me this morning. two boys, no masks, running in and out of the lines, goofy pre teens misbehaving no parents. She told them to put a mask on right now and told them they are cutting the line and that was not ok. (she is a former teacher)
I really feel like all of the teachers/former teachers provide more rule enforcement than Disney security! :rotfl2:

I’m hesitant to correct people or call them out. You never know what kind of person they are.
The biggest thing that makes me see red is the number of people disrespectful with mask rules. Adults. They know what they are supposed to do. But in queues, on attractions, busses….you name it. The minute they’re past the CM the mask comes down with nose sticking out, or chin strap. When they have to pass a CM again miraculously they’re wearing mask properly again. Total disregard for others around them.
It got so bad with Skyliner I’d tell CM we want our own car. And on Mission To Mars same thing. Don’t want to share a cabin.
Whether you agree with mask wearing or not, Disney has put these rules in effect and if you choose to go the rules should be respected.

This was many years ago before there were stroller restrictions in the parks. It was after closing at MK and my husband and I had been waiting for a long while for a bus back to AKL Kidani. This woman with a giant double stroller (this thing was a tank) piled high with bags went through and stood at the front of the wheel chair line. She had around 5 teenagers with her, no stroller age kids. My husband and I, along with a few others told her that the wheel chair line was for people in wheel chairs and ecvs and strollers could go through the regular line. She started yelling she was entitled to go through the wheel chair line because her stroller couldn’t fold. The bus gets there and she starts pleading her case to the bus driver saying how her stroller wouldn’t fold and she needs to be let on first. He actually lets her on first to the dismay of everyone else in line but he makes the 5 teenagers in her party wait in the back of the regular line. She puts the stroller in the back side door and proceeds to fully LAY DOWN across a row of seats. She had her feet up on the seats and everything. She laid like that until her kids in the back of the line got on and then she had 4 of them sit with her and sent the other to the back to hold on to the stroller. Pretty much everyone, who got on the bus had something to say to her. Some even took it up with the bus driver, who did nothing. It was the last bus of the night and I am pretty sure he didn’t want to deal with her. The group of people who had to stand in front of her seats gave her a piece of their mind the entire bus ride back to AKL.

People who spend thousands to go somewhere just to see it through a screen while they’re there baffle me in general.
We record rides, fireworks, and such, including ourselves on them, as we create family vacation videos. We have them going back over a decade and my family loves to go back and watch these for the memories. My kids still remember some of their earliest trips because they can go back and watch them. They love seeing themselves as littles.

This is sad, but I also have a son who notoriously would freak out before a ride and then end up loving it. So I learned that I had to force the issue or he’d never leave his comfort zone. I think the worst was probably Test Track and after one ride on it it became his favorite ride in Disney and he still says it’s his favorite. He’s now a 9 year old thrill seeker who will ride anything he can, with no fear. Doesn’t sound like this was the case with this kid, though. Sounded like he hated it. I which case the parents should know their kid well enough to knwo not to force it.
I had the exact same experience with my daughter and Test Track. She sobbed in line that she didn’t want to ride it. It ended up being her favorite ride. Still is to this day. She was also one I had to force out of her comfort zone or she wouldn’t ride anything.

I really feel like all of the teachers/former teachers provide more rule enforcement than Disney security! :rotfl2:

I've used my "mean lunch lady" voice a few times in the queues on every trip. And I got to use my special education/can't follow verbal directions body language on Jungle Cruise when a woman and her two kids tried to cross over the seats in the middle to get out, all while the skipper was telling them not to. A well placed arm and a hand gesture and point to the flow of traffic had her headed in the right direction. The skipper even praised me on my ability to get them to move the way they were supposed to. Twenty years of working with special needs kiddos will do that.

ETA: the word verbal - and not to insinuate that all students with special needs can't follow directions! But it does seem that verbal directions, with no visuals, are the hardest for most.

Last edited:
Once I was in line for a beer in Animal Kingdom (Dawa Bar). There was a young couple in line in front of me ... and then their six friends came over and joined them. And then each of them ordered and paid separately. Even if I had the energy to say or do anything I was just too incredulous to do so.

Once I was in line for a beer in Animal Kingdom (Dawa Bar). There was a young couple in line in front of me ... and then their six friends came over and joined them. And then each of them ordered and paid separately. Even if I had the energy to say or do anything I was just too incredulous to do so.

I used to work in a hospital that had a Subway which was about the only decent food in the place. You would be behind one person and think "oh this won't take long at all" and then it turns out that one person is ordering sandwiches for 6 coworkers. All being paid separately. :sad: And if you have ever been to a Subway you know it takes awhile to toast the sandwiches, put specific toppings on, etc. Not that I think it is wrong to do that, but it sure stinks when you have to clock out for lunch and you only get 30 minutes. Lol.

I had to ask a woman to give me some space too. She was maybe a foot away from me. I don‘t understand it. Do they think it will get them on the attraction any sooner? I think some people are just spacially unaware.
Not at Disney, but the other evening my wife and I went mini golfing. We were behind about 4 families and it was pretty backed up. No problem, we just took our time. Eventually a new family came after us and sped through til they were on the hole behind us. There was already a backlog in front with people congregating a bit. Trying to not be on top of those in front after finishing one hole we just hung out on the end of the green (kind of a small place, not much waiting room between holes). This lady behind us exclaimed "ARE YOU FINISHED?!?!?" to try to get us off the green. The family in front of us turned and asked us where we were supposed to go? This impatient lady then was having her grandson (I think) start playing the holes before we were even finished. She was clearly oblivious to the groups in front, or just didn't care. My wife and I purposely started making terrible putts to make it go longer. I could see the old lady steaming by the end and while I was frustrated with her behavior at first I was pretty happy by the end that we were able to rile her up enough that she probably had a miserable rest of her night. :)

I would love love love to know the thoughts that are going through these people's heads!

Last edited:
We did see some guy hit is teenage son pretty hard in the chest. I had to hold my daughter back to keep her from going over and setting him straight. She is very proficient in mixed martial arts and I am sure she would have let him know what he did was not appropriate :)

What if he was very proficient in mixed martial arts? You did the right thing by holding her back. Had she gotten into a physical confrontation she could have faced injury, assault charges and ejection or even being banned from Disney.

OMG yes...I was in line for some ride and the kids in the family behind me kept bumping into me. I tried "the look" a few times. I tried asking them to stop. They did not appear to speak English. I tried the "Stop" hand sign. At some point I had to yell at them (and then let someone else in my party stand in the back).

it bothers me when people eat in line and delay moving in the line because they know they can't have the food as they approach it. so on new mickey ride the line outside is soso hot in the sun. so many people dillydally and prolong moving because of this issue but i want to move so i can get in the a.c. part of the line. and you're standing there, watching them eat gross food in the boiling heat and sun and it's gross. but when i loudly said a general: people have to move and stop eating , my kids got very mad at me. i'm sorry, but move.

it bothers me when people eat in line and delay moving in the line because they know they can't have the food as they approach it. so on new mickey ride the line outside is soso hot in the sun. so many people dillydally and prolong moving because of this issue but i want to move so i can get in the a.c. part of the line. and you're standing there, watching them eat gross food in the boiling heat and sun and it's gross. but when i loudly said a general: people have to move and stop eating , my kids got very mad at me. i'm sorry, but move.
Urgh, I hate this.
I often have it done to me where I'm trying to get into a shop and people are lingering literally in the doorway blocking the entrance just so they can finish off their food/drink. Like, move to the side fair enough but don't block getting in the shop/ride queue for others, it's just plain rude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter