Have you ever known anyone who was Murdered , did they catch

I went to school with a woman who was murdered and left in a river bank, it was a really high profile case here with a lot of media coverage for a long time. She had 2 teenage daughters that were at the school we went to at the time. The case attracted attention because she had such a perfect life on paper. Her husband was convicted of it, he took out life insurance on her the week before he did it. :(

Two. The younger sister of the girl who babysat my kids. 100 feet from her home. No, there was not even an investigation. Second my realtor was murdered just last year. They have just announced someone is in custody that might be connected. I'm not holding my breath.

A neighbor up the road was killed by her husband. Crazy case....lots of neighborhood drama with plenty of affairs to go around.

To flip it I know a murderer.....My daughter went to high school with a boy that she knew that had several classes with her. He eventually went down the wrong path and started doing drugs, threatened to blow up the school....He was arrested in July for killing 2 other young guys and hiding the bodies. I have been trying to find updates to his case but nothing so far.

My cousin was murdered by her boyfriend/ the father of her child right in front of their little boy. He's thankfully in jail. Hopefully forever.

When I was young, one of my dad's friends owned a hobby shop. After closing one night, he tried to leave the store through the back door as normal. He was attacked, murdered and the store was robbed. I have no idea what would be in a hobby shop that would be worth theft and murder. So sad. I don't think the case was ever solved.

A co-worker was murdered. They caught the 4 suspects. The murder was in 1995. All 4 were sentenced to life in prison. Last September, our current Governor granted all four suspect clemency.😪

I forgot one. A friend of my stepmother’s. Her boyfriend shot her and her granddaughter. The granddaughter didn’t make it.

I didn’t realize I’ve known so many. Most of them were domestic abuse.

A family friend's daughter was murdered in Boston a few years ago. They caught the guy within days and he was convicted, thank God. A complete stranger. He'd also attacked two other women within 24-48 hours, but they managed to escape.

Sadly, the three murder victims I mentioned weren’t the only ones I’ve known. Part of that is that I have lived a while, and part is that I’m gregarious and know lots of people.

Like the person above who “flipped” things, I’ve also known murderers. Not as many, though. Years ago on the DIS, I posted the story of my experience with a serial killer. The lessons I took away and share is that killers can be handsome and charming. They don’t always look menacing. But most of all, if someone sets off your alarms or just doesn’t feel right, listen to your internal warning system and avoid them. Don’t worry about being nice. It could save your life,

20+ years ago, a former student went missing when she was 16 years old from her job at a local lake as a lifeguard. They found her body 3 years later. No arrests have been made.

20+ years ago, a former student went missing when she was 16 years old from her job at a local lake as a lifeguard. They found her body 3 years later. No arrests have been made.
Wasn’t that on Dateline or a similar show? It rings a bell.

That reminded me of one where I only knew two of the victims as a customer. The yogurt shop murders in Austin. Four teenage girls murdered and then everything set on fire. Took years to solve, and that’s still debated. I used to go to that shop and had been waited on by those girls. They could’ve been anyone’s daughters or neighbors, just working part time jobs. Every time I’d gone in, those girls were polite, but laughing and having a good time. It was so sad.

Molly Bish? I'm from the same area and remember all the coverage vividly - she was just a few years older than I was at the time and we shared a name, so it really stuck with me.

Wasn’t that on Dateline or a similar show? It rings a bell.

That reminded me of one where I only knew two of the victims as a customer. The yogurt shop murders in Austin. Four teenage girls murdered and then everything set on fire. Took years to solve, and that’s still debated. I used to go to that shop and had been waited on by those girls. They could’ve been anyone’s daughters or neighbors, just working part time jobs. Every time I’d gone in, those girls were polite, but laughing and having a good time. It was so sad.
Yes, her story has been on several different national programs.

DH's uncle was just convicted in California of killing his first wife by setting their home on fire and being "unable" to save her. He got their 3 kids out. Years later he moved back to our area and killed his son while he was working under a vehicle. The man got the vehicle to fall onto his son, then he and his second wife left him there to go out of town for something. When he got back, he "discovered" the son dead.

Both murders for purely for insurance money, which he collected and spent. I believe he also torched vehicles and a barn with horses that were insured as well. Like I said he was just convicted this past month and will be sentenced in March for the first murder, then I believe will be transferred back here for that trial as well. The story was covered extensively on the news and I believe on Dateline.

Crazy world.

DH's uncle was just convicted in California of killing his first wife by setting their home on fire and being "unable" to save her. He got their 3 kids out. Years later he moved back to our area and killed his son while he was working under a vehicle. The man got the vehicle to fall onto his son, then he and his second wife left him there to go out of town for something. When he got back, he "discovered" the son dead.

Both murders for purely for insurance money, which he collected and spent. I believe he also torched vehicles and a barn with horses that were insured as well. Like I said he was just convicted this past month and will be sentenced in March for the first murder, then I believe will be transferred back here for that trial as well. The story was covered extensively on the news and I believe on Dateline.

Crazy world.
Read about that case in the NYTimes a few weeks back. Still trying to figure out how the bathroom was sealed up with her in it and then set on fire. Bizarre.

My college roommate's mother was murdered by her neighbor. He was caught in another state but committed suicide in jail before he was extradicted.

Yes, my mom's best friend was murdered by her estranged, abusive ex-husband. He's in prison. I went to the trial to support my mom. It was awful. The crime scene photos were gruesome but the thing that affected me the most was when they showed the gun that he used to kill her.

Crazy world.

I saw an article on that recently! The current wife got suspicious when he took out an insurance policy on her after the son died.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter