• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever known anyone who was Murdered , did they catch

Yes. My son's orthodontist was run over by his wife and killed. It was a big story in Texas. He had been cheating on his wife but was supposed to have broke it off with the other woman. Wife caught them at a Nassau Bay hotel and ran him over in the parking lot numerous times and killed him. This story was featured on Snapped too.
Hate me if you will, but I couldn't muster up a lot of sympathy for the guy. He psychologically tortured his wife. He was a ...well, pick your curse word. It's easy to say she should have just divorced him, and she should have. But he played such terrible mind games with her that I am pretty sure he would have messed with her during the divorce and made her even crazier.

Yes.

In 1991 a boy from my neighborhood growing up was murdered at the sporting goods store where he worked at along with his best friend / co-worker. Their manager was raped, beaten, had her throat cut and left for dead. She survived and was able to testify. Two of the three assailants were tried and convicted. One of them (also a co-worker at the store), was killed while trying to run over the police while they were trying to arrest him. One died by lethal injection and one died in prison.

In 2003 my cousin was shot and killed in a bar. An older man came in, wanted to play pool for money, my cousin refused to bet more than $20 (that was more than he had in his pocket), the man became angry, knocked my cousin out with the pool cue, the guy ran out of the bar, grabbed a gun from his jeep, attempted to run back in as the bouncer and my cousin were running out. The man shot the bouncer (he lived) and shot my cousin and killed him. He bled out in minutes. My cousin left behind 2 daughters and 2 ex-wives. It was terrible. I attended the trial with my aunt, the photographs were the worst. He was one of my best friends, we were born less than a month apart and I still miss him everyday. His killer was convicted and sentenced to life in prison.

Hate me if you will, but I couldn't muster up a lot of sympathy for the guy. He psychologically tortured his wife. He was a ...well, pick your curse word. It's easy to say she should have just divorced him, and she should have. But he played such terrible mind games with her that I am pretty sure he would have messed with her during the divorce and made her even crazier.

I feel sorry for the kids.

Yes, high school girl was raped and murdered.
They caught the guy and he is in jail, although the parents claimed it was a set up and the killer is still on the loose.

Yes, my aunt. It happened before I was born and it brings my mom too much pain to talk about it. The only details I really know is the killer (who was caught 20 years later after attempting it again), raped and murdered her and left her in a state park. My grandfather had to identify her by her class ring.

He was eligible for but denied parole a few years ago.

Her name is Clara Harris. She's since been released on parole and lives somewhere around here.
You right I'm sure since Betty was the one who shoot her ex husband and new wife. Also had a made for TV movie made. I stopped watching network TV around that time since some of the national news stories were getting too...gossipy for me.

My coworker was murdered by her boyfriend. He committed suicide after killing her and her 10 year old daughter.

What year was that? It’s not ringing a bell.

Someone tried to kill me, indirectly. My high school was set on fire by the janitor (during school hours) and he was hoping for loss of life. Thankfully, there were no major injuries beyond smoke inhalation.

What year was that? It’s not ringing a bell.

Someone tried to kill me, indirectly. My high school was set on fire by the janitor (during school hours) and he was hoping for loss of life. Thankfully, there were no major injuries beyond smoke inhalation.

That fire was arson? I don’t recall that.

Murder was early 90s.

My second cousin was murdered In November 1996. She worked at a Sandwich shop and disappeared after closing that evening. Her car was found the next day at an abandoned hotel about three blocks from where the shop was. Everything was missing from her car and there was no sign of her anywhere. They always suspected that it had been her manager but they could never fully prove it. My cousin had some mental disabilities from a bad car accident when she was a kid and this guy use that to his advantage. Eventually about five years ago He was arrested for murdering someone and confessed to the police that Yes he was the one that assaulted and murdered my cousin. He has never confessed to what he did with her body though and her poor mom passed away without having the closure but she so desperately wanted. Apparently he had murdered several young women in our area from 1990 to 2010.

The scariest part was the shop where she worked at was less than a mile away from where I lived and I was only 11 years old at the time. My dad and I would also always go in there to see her and to get lunch and had interacted with this monster several times. I’m just glad he finally confessed at least there was a small tiny bit of closure for our family

That fire was arson? I don’t recall that.

Murder was early 90s.

Yes, it was arson. It was set by the janitors helper. He was a pyro and was eventually ordered to pay back $2 million or $6 million, I just don’t remember.

My sr yr of high school a friend of mine was murdered. He worked at a Belle Tire shop and at the end of his shift, an old co-worked banged on the locked door and my friend let him him. The old co-worker shot my friend execution style and robbed him of like $300-$700 soem of that in paper checks that couldn't even be cashed. The murderer then went on a carnival fill weekend in a limo but was caught and went to jail/prison i believe. This was 1989. One of the most horrible open casket funerals I have ever been to. The mother was a wreck and just sobbed and sobbed and so many students filled the funeral parlor - truly so sad.

My uncle was shot and killed by an unknown assailant in 1977. He was driving cab and picked up a fare who demanded all his money. He gave him the money then was still murdered in cold blood. They never did find his killer

A girl who attended a school I taught at was murdered a few years ago. It was after she graduated. I did not know her personally, and I never had her in class, but I knew who she was from seeing her around school. One of my former students that I knew better was with her at the time, and she was also shot, but thankfully she lived. They had the offender arrested and booked that same night. It was a boyfriend who did it. I don't know how the legal end of it turned out though.

The daughter of the victim in this story married a guy I grew up with. I don’t think I ever met the dad (they live in a different state than I do), but the daughter is sweet as can be. I feel so awful for the family. They still, over 4 years later, have no leads. They assume he saw something when he went to his truck, and was murdered for whatever it is he saw😢
https://murfreesboro.com/hawkins-family-plea-info-murder/

Yes, I've known people who were murdered. No, the perpetrators were not caught.

The first was a cousin killed in the early 80's. It was officially ruled as a suicide. But killing yourself with a shotgun under the chin is a bit improbable. The family tends to believe that it may have been a drug deal gone bad.

The second was another cousin who was killed riding his bicycle home late at night by a hit and run driver. There was proof the the person who did it got out of their car, saw what they did, got back in and left. No one has ever found out who did it.

Conversely, I know a guy who was in the middle of divorce, kicked out of his farm that had been in his family for hundreds of years, and she was shacked up in his farm with the man she was cheating with. He knocked on the door one day and shot them both. Bring these 2 stories to society and everyone will sympathize with the wife in the 1st story calling him a monster, and turn around and sympathize with the wife in the 2nd story because she deserved to take his family's farm and the guy is again a monster.

Oh, forgot about this. My brother's girlfriend and her mother was wanted in Idaho. We had no idea why until I found a tidbit on a city forum from 2007. I read a 7 year discussion online talking about her, her mother, the boyfriend, and the guy she babysat for. This is her ex boyfriend and the babysitter they found chopped up in a garbage bag in a cave along with another body...

Chicago hitman’s son pleads guilty in 2 Boise County murder cases

In high school a classmate was murdered when he was just 14. Beaten to death in the early hours of the morning while walking home from partying.
Police had come across him a short time earlier and not taken him home or called police despite being underage and clearly drunk and high.
Two guys came across him and didnt like the look of him, they were charged with a hate crime.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jeff_Whittingtonhttps://i.stuff.co.nz/national/face...boy-kicked-to-death-for-looking-like-a-faggot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter