~Have you ever opened the door to your resort room...~

PrincessCandaceMarie

DIS Veteran
and simply have had your breath taken away (in a good way) with it being so beautiful it was more than you expected from your WDW resort? :cloud9:

Yes, yes, yes!!! But it wasn't really the room itself that took our breath away. We had just checked out of the BC (DH, myself and three teenagers). We were not happy with the size of the room for five (very, very small) or with our waterview where you couldn't see any water because of the mature trees. We checked in at the Poly concierge Lagoon view and when we walked into the room it was so huge, the drapes were open, and you could see the MK castle across the lake. Even my "really cool" hard to impress teens stopped and went "WOW!

Yes, on our stay at the Polynesian last month. I told the CM my dream room would be 3rd floor Fiji facing the marina and that's exactly what I got. The room was nicer than I thought it would be. I thought the Poly rooms would look old or worn out, but everything in the room was brand new and perfect.

Yes, twice.

First time, November 2003 - Wilderness Lodge, Woods View opened door to room, could see out balcony and see the Castle all lit up!

Second time, October 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannah view - king bed room - wow...

We had a ressie for the North Wing of the Contemporary. What we could afford to be on the monorail. Discount rate ;)
When we arrived at the CR, we were given a room # and the CR staff brought us to the elevator. Not knowing the CR well - we thought this was a bit strange, but followed.
Our key opened a room to in the tower - 9th floor - with a view of the MK and fireworks every night :love:

Apparently the military hotel was being redone . The military on vacation at WDW were now in the rooms in the North Wing. I guess we do not share the same halls with the military. Oh well.

We were bumped to the tower for that reason.
Not to toot our horn - we had a tower room for $179 per night !

We were surprised, happy, thankful, and I almost cried when the staff of the
CR dusted some magic on our family with the tower room.

First sight of our Poly room. It was beautiful, so theme-y and cool!

Also, first time at CR with that view of the castle and all the wild colors!!

The first time I walked into AKL! Also the "third" time we stayed at AKL and ended up in the two bedroom suite! If walking into "our" living area wasn't enough, walking into my master bedroom and walking out onto the balcony totally took me away!

Great idea for a thread to cure these winter doldrums!
Debbie

When we walked into the GF for a convention and were apologetically told that our standard convention room was unavailable but would I mind a lagoon view dormer room? Knew no better so we said well, okay. We were completely taken aback to see our room with a ceiling fan, private balcony with walls which were great for toddlers btw, robes and turndown service. All this for $200 a night :) Much pixie dust on that trip!

Yes! Our first stay at the Poly. It was our first stay at a Disney Deluxe and I was so afraid the cost wouldn't be justified; after all we were perfectly happy with our stays at CBR. Well, after being blown away by the lobby, I just lost it when we got to our room in Somoa. I had an idea on how it would look, I checked Deb's site for photos, but actually being there was indescribable. And when I opened the curtains to our balcony and saw the volcano pool right in front of us and the GF straight ahead and if I craned my head just right I could see a glimpse of the castle to the left, I thought it doesn't get better than this!

Oh Yes, DH and I have a specific room at the Coronado Springs that we love to stay in. The Room is in the Casitas and it's a waterview room. This room could not be in a more perfect place. The first time we stayed in this particular room we just fell in love with it. To us the view of the Lago Dorado in the morning and in the evening is picture perfect. Every since staying in this particular room we've requested this room and knock on wood our request have been granted every time thus far.

Yes, our stay at the Contemporary. The room was huge, the curtains were open and we were looking right out a Bay Lake.

We also had a beautiful room at the Poly overlooking the quiet pool and gorgeous gardens!

I went straight to our balcony...WOW!! Everything was beautiful!

Our first stay at the Poly. The grounds were breathtaking and the room was great. Been back to the Poly every trip since!

YES! It was our families first trip to Disney World and we were staying at GF. Paid for a standard view, but we were upgraded to lagoon view. We walked into our room and it was huge, and beautiful, and when we looked out the balcony doors, there was the castle. My husband and I both got choked up, and the girls princess: LOVED being able to see Cinderella's house any time they wanted. It was a MAGICAL experience!

Yes - at AKL. Immediately fell in love with the whole resort! It was so perfect I almost cried. I'm hoping I get that same feeling at WL this summer.

This is a great thread.

I wish I could remember the first time I stayed at the Poly. I have just always rememberd that cool, green feeling you get in the lobby. I can't describe it but it just says "vacation" to me. When my little sis and I stayed at GF over Christmas we ate at 'Ohanas and we kept saying, "It smells like vacation here." :earboy2:

We bought into DVC site unseen way back in 1991. It wasn't even totally built yet, but we went on faith that Disney would build a great resort. Well, when we walked into our two bedroom villa for the first time we were blown away. I started crying I was so happy. Every time I walk into a new resort for the first time I get the same feeling. Disney really knows how to "WOW" you!!!

The most recent trip at GF with a lagoon view. I had requested a view of the castle. When we checked in I asked the CM if we indeed had a view of the castle and he said yes. But because I'd never even been on the grounds of GF I really had no idea what that meant. DH made it to the balcony door first as I was busy videotaping the entrance. He peeked out the curtain and said "Honey, the castle's right there." I screamed OMG, OMG, as I ran over to see. When I looked out that window... I swear it felt like I had stepped out of my body. I was elated to see a perfect view of MK and the castle, Contemporary, Poly and of course the monorail. Breathtaking!

Don't know if this one counts but our first night at AKL savannah view I wasn't too impressed. The animals seemed to be MIA. I seriously thought we'd been jipped. Early the next morning while DH was in the shower I went over and peeked out the window. There were animals galore. I started screaming. DH heard my screams and came running out of the shower. He thought I had hurt myself or something.

This is for "ILoveWDW2003" and "Fantasia"...

You two were both blown away by your WL rooms. *Please* post the room numbers or general locations. We are staying at the WL next week, we've never stayed there before & I am *so* excited!

My name is 'agnes!' and I want to be blown away by my WL room :teeth: .

Now on to the being blown away by my room..
When we stayed at Port Orleans/Riverside in the Mansions for Christmas 2003.
We were in one of about 6(?) rooms in each Mansion that have a corner window. Sorry, can't remember the number, but we were on the first floor & had a corner window & were in the middle of the "H"...take a careful look at the Mansion floorplan(try AllEarsNet) & you'll see what I mean. This room was perfect, because we could put up lights & we had an unobstructed view out our windows. I think we had a better view than the preferred/water/river view rooms that are at the front of the Mansions - they have *big* columns blocking that $$$ view.

This is a great thread!
agnes!
PS - In a little over 2 days, we will be checking into our POP room for the first two days (with five nights at WL) of our weeks' stay at WORLD!!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

Agnes, we had a great room, 6039, two queen beds courtyard view, looked straight out to Bay Lake and the main pool. I have a pic I can email if you're interested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter