~Have you ever opened the door to your resort room...~

YES!! We went to WDW on our honeymoon in 1987 and had reservations for the Poly. I had no idea what the hotel was like or where it was on the property. Didn't know if it faced anywhere or had any kind of decent view.

So the door of our room is opened (it had just turned dark outside) and straight ahead through the sliding doors, was this beautiful castle! My jaw was on the floor. And THEN about 5 minutes later we hear this music and can't figure out where it came from. So we go out on our deck and there are the water boats all lit up for the parade!

There was a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room, so we sat down on our deck with our champagne and truly felt as though we died and went to heaven! :cloud9:

Thanks for saying this is a great thread.....I'm glad to hear that and I enjoy reading all of the posts!
leighe said:
Yes - at AKL. Immediately fell in love with the whole resort! It was so perfect I almost cried. I'm hoping I get that same feeling at WL this summer.

This is a great thread.

I wish I could remember the first time I stayed at the Poly. I have just always rememberd that cool, green feeling you get in the lobby. I can't describe it but it just says "vacation" to me. When my little sis and I stayed at GF over Christmas we ate at 'Ohanas and we kept saying, "It smells like vacation here." :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter