• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever played a childhood game as an adult?

Recently I was at my niece's house with my sister visiting my niece and her daughters. I remember someone commented that kids today usually have their noses stuck in their phones and don't play games anymore. The kids wanted to know what we did for fun when we were young, and my sister and I showed them some old hand-clapping games that we used to do like 'Miss Mary Mack' and 'Shimmy Shimmy Ko Ko Pop.' After a few minutes the games came back to us like we had just played them yesterday.

No clue what Tig is, but this past summer four families rallied together for a mixed game of kickball.

As a scout leader I'm a good sport and occasionally jump into the kids games, duck, duck, goose. Red light Green light, tether ball, four square, etc. The exception is Gaga Ball. It ain't happening.

I can only think of board games, some of which were from my childhood. But I would still play some of those outdoor games, even though I am closer to “watch out you might break your hip” age than I am to childhood!

Sure! I play with my "niece" and "nephew" all the time. Their favorites tend to be versions of hot & cold (where someone hides something for the others to find).

I worked with preschoolers for 19 years. I've played about every game you can think of, many times. I'm now working in a classroom with older kids. Their favorites are Uno, Jenga and kickball.

Wiffle ball. Recently I went to a fall festival and they had a large outdoor version of Connect Four, it was fun to play.

My DGD make me a tic tac toe game out of a cross slice of a tree, a marker and buttons.

No clue what Tig is, but this past summer four families rallied together for a mixed game of kickball.

As a scout leader I'm a good sport and occasionally jump into the kids games, duck, duck, goose. Red light Green light, tether ball, four square, etc. The exception is Gaga Ball. It ain't happening.
I think op was trying to say tag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter