• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you ever seen a celebrity in the street?

A few times. When I was younger, we were in Aspen and saw Melanie Griffith on the street. Working girl was like my favorite movie when I was a kid and I was only like 12 at the time. She was very nice and gave me an autograph.

I went to school in NOLA and my parents were in town and I went to their hotel and as we were leaving for dinner, Dustin Hoffman and John Cusack got on the elevator with us. We didn’t say anything and it didn’t even really register who they were until we got out. Runaway Jury was filming at the time and they were staying in the hotel.

John Goodman used to come into the vet I worked for in college with his dog. He had a cocker spaniel at the time. It kinda looked like him lol.

I met Alex Kingston after a play she was in on the London stage. She was very nice.

I was on a Zoom call last week with Sebastian Maniscalco. He called out to me and we chatted for a bit.

I passed John Cleese on the street once, but to be fair, it was on the way to see him on stage later that day. I didn't want to bother him, so I was ecstatic when he and Eric Idle did a short meet and greet and signed autographs after the show.

Yes - some that stick out to me

Jill Eikenberry (LA Law) in Beverly Hills when I was an early teen

Ryder Strong, Mare Winningham and Robin Williams came to the movie theater I worked at in the Bay Area when I was in high school.

Rode an elevator with some stars from General Hospital in Vegas in the early 90s.

A few years ago, my kids met Nathan Arenas (Bunk’d) in DL. He was with his family and was so excite they recognized him. Super sweet.

ETA: my little city has become a filming Mecca, so I see reports of some, like Diane Keaton (a few different times), but I haven’t seen any here.

A couple times at airports, but I didn't talk to them. One was one of the doctors on Chicago Hope getting off the same plane as my dad. I didn't realize who it was until I heard the crew talking about him, even though I watched the show, I just thought he looked familiar. The other was the guy who played Grumpy on Once Upon a Time. He was flying out of Vancouver on our plane, I recognized him while we were all in the waiting area prior to boarding.

Saw Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez in the French Quarter, near The Crystal. They were right there next to me. I was never a Manson fan, so I didn't say anything to them, but it was interesting seeing how casual they were and without being mobbed. Friends of mine saw Trent Reznor around the Quarter too, said he's really short and generally friendly.

John Goodman used to come into the vet I worked for in college with his dog. He had a cocker spaniel at the time. It kinda looked like him lol.
A guy at my work once setup his TV/cable! Said he was really cool.

Saw Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez in the French Quarter, near The Crystal. They were right there next to me. I was never a Manson fan, so I didn't say anything to them, but it was interesting seeing how casual they were and without being mobbed. Friends of mine saw Trent Reznor around the Quarter too, said he's really short and generally friendly.

A guy at my work once setup his TV/cable! Said he was really cool.
Yeah he was really laid back. I find a lot of celebrities don’t really get mobbed here.

Well - on the street it would have been William Hung on the street in Berkeley. I was driving around and saw him taking a selfie with someone on the sidewalk. I guess he's at least a minor celebrity.

Another time was actually James Hong, who has done bit parts in various movies and TV shows. More recently he did the voice of Po's adopted father (a duck) in various Kung Fu Panda films and TV shows. For decades he's been THE Chinese/Asian character actor in Hollywood. It was really odd too, as he was walking around with a personal assistant. We first saw him in a restaurant, where he was wearing his cast jacket from the Eddie Murphy movie The Golden Child. Then we went around the area and he went into the same art dealer.

Well - on the street it would have been William Hung on the street in Berkeley. I was driving around and saw him taking a selfie with someone on the sidewalk. I guess he's at least a minor celebrity.

Another time was actually James Hong, who has done bit parts in various movies and TV shows. More recently he did the voice of Po's adopted father (a duck) in various Kung Fu Panda films and TV shows. For decades he's been THE Chinese/Asian character actor in Hollywood. It was really odd too, as he was walking around with a personal assistant. We first saw him in a restaurant, where he was wearing his cast jacket from the Eddie Murphy movie The Golden Child. Then we went around the area and he went into the same art dealer.
Hong is awesome! I remember him the most in Big Trouble in Little China, Blade Runner, and Seinfeld.

Have you ever seen a celebrity in the street?

Many (and I mean MANY) years ago - Liberace

Also have seen a few (lesser known ones) at Disneyland (well, I'm local) - Reva Rose; Robert Hayes; Rachel Parton Dennison (Dolly's sister).

Keith and Nicole at Starbucks a few months ago, and flown with many secular/Christian singers: Kenny Loggins, Janis Oliver, Ray Stevens...

Not on the street, but I was in an elevator with Ray Romano in the Marriott Marquis in NYC. 😁

When I was 12, on a trip to PA with my mom and grandmother, while having breakfast in our hotel - Howard Cosell was in the booth across the aisle, 1 booth up from us.

On a class trip to Europe when I was 13, I'm pretty sure I walked past Bob Dylan on a sidewalk in Switzerland.

Matt Damon sat down across from me while waiting at the gate in the airport.

On a trip to Salem, MA, in 2010, Shaquille O'Neal was in our group on a tour of the New England Pirate Museum. Me, being completely oblivious, did not realize that I was standing literally right next to him... :rolleyes:

I saw Matt Damon running in NYC in 2004.

DH and I sat at the table next to Nicholas Cage, his son (who was little at the time) and a couple of other people....at Club 33 in Disneyland. That was around 1999 when Cage was a pretty big star. I wouldn't say we're huge Cage fans or anything, but there was definitely a real presence about him.

We saw Liza Minnelli in Rome....think it was in 2008. She was filming something at the Trevi Fountain.

And where I live I've seen John Stewart, Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi on several occasional over the last 5-10 years. They all have homes in our area.

Living in Miami, yes, all the time -- including driving a few when I drove part-time for Uber. Some of the notables:

Random sightings:
  • Elton John -- at Miami International Airport many years ago
  • Dwayne Johnson - The Rock - I see him from time to time. He rides a motorcycle and stops often at a local spot. Seems like a nice guy, although I've never talked to him.
  • PitBull -- Mr. 305/Worldwide is everywhere.
  • Shaq -- Shaq used to be a reserve police officer with my department, and frequented our headquarters building. DW had an employee who was somewhat less than 5' tall, and Shaq posed for a hilarious picture with him one day. Super nice guy.
Driven:
  • Avicii (Tim Bergling) - Swedish EDM genius - had no idea who he was until he died a year later and the name sounded familiar. Very nice, quiet.
  • Gemma Atkinson - British model/actress - Very beautiful woman, and very nice. Didn't know her either at first, but Googled her first name and learned who she was.
My son-in-law has been in the movie production business for many years (nominated for Academy Awards sound Oscars twice), so of course he has been up close and personal with many. His most recent movie gig was "Hillbilly Elegy."

Last edited:
Two. Sandra Bullock got into a limo in Vegas and Morgan Freeman was in Memphis. This was years ago, but the press was around so I do think I saw the stars and not just people who looked like stars.

eta: Oh, and my friend swears that we passed the cute guy with the long hair from Imagination Movers at the Smithsonian Zoo in DC, but I don't know. That was big time preschooler star sighting if it was true. My kids are in their tween and teen years now but they were little at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter