Have you ever started a rumour?

reecejackox

DIS Veteran
if so , did it spread?

i tried to get a rumour that my mate liked a girl in school , didnt really spread.

Yup. A co-worker and I started a rumor about another co-worker switching jobs to see if it would get back to us. Took 6 hours for it to get repeated to one of us. We let that co-worker in on the joke, and she laughed so hard she was crying.

I was at a My Chemical Romance concert and I said to my niece sitting next to me, "I wish Fallout Boy would come to town." This guy behind us said, "Fallout Boy is coming???!!!" Before I could say no, he was shouting to some people a few rows back, "Hey! Fallout Boy is coming!" Then he goes, "Probably in the Spring!" Don't know where he got that last bit, but it definitely spread through the venue after that. :rotfl:

When I was in high school a rumour was started that they were going to introduce straw boater hats as part of the summer uniform. I knew that the vice principal was actually looking at getting them for our school pipe band to wear when playing in the sun because I was actually the person who had to try them on for her with our uniform.

A friend and I then decided to put the school rumour mill to the test and each told 2 people that the school was going to start allowing us to wear knee length black socks instead of tights in winter. It only took 2 periods for the story to get back to us.

Yup. A co-worker and I started a rumor about another co-worker switching jobs to see if it would get back to us. Took 6 hours for it to get repeated to one of us. We let that co-worker in on the joke, and she laughed so hard she was crying.

Kinda did the same thing here. I am a day shift supervisor and a few people want this position. We started a rumor I was switching shifts. It took only 12 hours before my boss was inundated with transfer request to the day shift. It was hilarious.

I think the OP in this thread is really a Russian spy!

WOW I heard that too, not sure where but I am pretty sure it's true.

No. Yet I continued rumors about me though all the time. Here’s the big ones.

Years ago a coworker told everyone she could that I miscarried. Just about everyone asked me immediately after I returned to work after 2 weeks of doctor ordered mandatory bed rest. So I said yep. Plus doctor advised me to not add any more stress into my life at that time. I hid my pregnancy for 6 months. The looks on coworkers faces when they found out I truly didn’t miscarry was priceless.

The recent one. Although I’m married that I slept with a coworker. I said yep and then immediately put in my 2 weeks notice the next day. Very toxic environment and the rumor of married me sleeping with a coworker was the final straw and a line was crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter