Have you ever stayed at the same hotel as a celebrity?

meaty

Mouseketeer
Whether that be at the same time or different time

To my knowledge I personally haven't

Yes. We were in Bakersfield, CA (of all places) while DH was attending a weekend convention. He was on the board of the organization so our room was upgraded to club level. Our two boys who were around 11 and 14 at the time were with us. On the Saturday night, I was walking back to our room with one of the boys and we encountered someone's dirty room service dishes along with a few cockroaches in the hallway. I called the front desk to report it. I started describing the problem and said I was on the 12th floor. The desk clerk got all freaked out and said, "The 12th floor! This is on the 12th floor?" I said, "Yes, the 12th floor." She said, "Oh my goodness we'll get this taken care of immediately!" Within about a minute I could hear the dishes clinking in the hallway and several voices saying, "Get the vacuum! Make sure there aren't any more dishes out! Look in all the corners for more bugs!" I was thinking, "Wow! Either we're that important or someone important is about to check in."

So later that night I was watching the local news. There was some kind of business leaders conference in town that included politicians. Since we were on the club level, I was wondering if some of them would be staying on our floor that night. The next morning around 7:30, I heard a bunch of voices in the hallway. "How was your stay? Was everything OK?" A familiar-sounding woman's voice said, "Oh yeah, everything was great. Thanks so much. Have a good day." The other voice responded, "Thank you Governor Palin. Come back and stay with us again!" Sarah Palin and her entourage were outside of our door. My son said, "Open the door and get a look at her." I said no, I won't be opening the door in my Mickey Mouse nightshirt! So that happened.

On our honeymoon when dh was checking into our room they told him to be prepared to show ID because President Ford and Bob Hope were staying there for a golf tournament. We never saw them, but it was a fun story when we got home!

Not that I know of. But have a few for nieghbors in Florida and have several that use my services. For the most part they are like any other person, walk their dogs, wash their cars take out the garbage and so forth.

Many, many years ago we stayed at the Las Vegas Hilton during the ESPY Awards. Saw lots of athletes and celebrities in the lobby and rode the elevator with some soap stars from General Hospital.

Quasi celebrity. We didn't realize who they were, but the whole Honey-boo-boo clan was at our hotel in PCB in 2014. Mom seemed friendly, kid just as obnoxious as on the previews we'd seen on TV. The Dad spilled his snuff all over my towel & made no effort to clean it up. I briefly considered punching him.

Same hotel in 2009, an NFL player was there. He was trying to remain incognito and doing a nice job of it. But, someone pointed him out to me. I can't remember now who it was or even what team he was on.

Yes. For D23 Expo all celebrities we hosted at the Grand Californian. My fiance will never let me forget the time I was trying to read the lobby map but someone was blocking the whole thing. I finally got to glance and figure out where our room was and so I went back to where he was waiting with the bags. He says Do you know who was standing right in front of you?! I said I don't know some old dude who was blocking my way. My fiance goes that "old dude" was George Lucas! Haha. I was like sweet g-d I was so flustered and hot from being in the parks I only cared about the map and getting to the room that I didn't even realize.

Oh we also were at the Yacht or Beach Club at the say time as he Lopez family right after or right before the Frozen craze happened. Can't remember exactly when now.

Not a real celebrity per sea but we were also on a Disney Cruise with "Team Dentist"' from a season of Amazing Race.

Well...I didn't stay there but when we did our honeymoon in St. Lucia we booked an excursion. That excursion took us to Soufriere where we had a private tourguide who took us around in a vehicle around the area. Well our particular one took us to Sugar Beach resort (which is actually right near the area where you snorkel as part of the excursion we did) which technically they don't really want off-site people visiting the resort grounds (our tour guide made up something to get us on the grounds lol). Well we found out from the tourguide that Matt Damon and his wife had a vow renewal ceremony (and Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner as far as I know attended) the weekend before (which was right when we got married) and kicked everyone out of the resort (as far as we were told there were people who had been staying there and then they were told they had to leave) and rented it just for themselves.

So in a nutshell no we didn't stay there but we visited and had a nice beer at the resort where they were at like a week before.

I stayed at the same hotel as John McCain when he was campaigning in like September 2008 - pretty close to the election. It was nuts. I was just in Chicago for work and having the hassle around the hotel really sucked. It was my favorite Chicago work hotel and close to our office, and my travel person didn't think to look. I didn't either. It was a huge PITA.

Remember now was staying at a hotel in Tampa that the Green Bay Packers was staying at when in town to play the Bucs.

I'm a huge Conan fan. We saw him on his "Prohibited from Television" tour at the Chicago Theatre and splurged to stay next door at The Wit. After the show, I asked husband to go to the rooftop bar for a drink but he begged off and we went to sleep.

Two days later, found out the rooftop bar hosted the after party and Conan (and John C. Reilly) were up there. Likely it was closed to the public but I still never let him live it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter