Have you got a degree?

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
I was studying for a Law (LLB) Degree at Southampton University, when I was taken seriously ill. Tried again in a few year's time, this time trying Psychology. AGAIN, seriously ill. I've been recuperating for a long time since. Recently, I reconsidered, but then thought, why not learn a vocation? I'm 2/3 the way through my Hypnotherapy studies on my way to being a practitioner with my own practice, and haven't looked back since.

No. I was only required to attend school until 8th grade. I've tried to learn more as an adult on my own but college/university is well beyond my abilities.

A 2 yr community college degree, but an advanced certification based on clinical skills and experience that allows me to do my job and get paid nicely.

I would not get a pay raise or improve my standing with any further schooling, though I do stay up to date in my field with continuing education. It would be for personal satisfaction, but because I am completely happy in my career and have no desire to move into management, I'm content with not pursuing additional university education.

Edited for clarity.

Last edited:

I had to drop out of college in my second year to get a second job to help my Mother out after my Dad died. I began a career after that, so never felt the need to go back. I was working towards a degree in Costume History. I wanted to be a museum curator or a historian.

I had to drop out of college in my second year to get a second job to help my Mother out after my Dad died. I began a career after that, so never felt the need to go back. I was working towards a degree in Costume History. I wanted to be a museum curator or a historian.
I'm always intrigued with what others are interested in pursuing. Being a museum curator sounds so interesting and is something I would never have thought of when I was younger.

I am an RN with a Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN). I worked for a year before having my 3rd child, then my husband and I opened a brick & mortar business 3/7/2020, we had our 4th baby in ‘21, we closed our business at the end of ‘23. I don’t plan to return to nursing anytime soon, but I take regale classes to keep my skills up & I keep my license active. I focus my efforts on home educating our 4 children and managing my home & family. My husband has an associates degree as part of his trade school to become a pipefitter. He is a licensed plumber and works in maintenance at a big 3 car part factory. He makes more money than I would as an RN. My little sister has an MBA & my little brother never finished his degree and they both work in the non union side of the same car manufacturer and make similar salaries. Unless you want to be a Dr, Lawyer or other trade that requires a degree they really aren’t necessary in this modern economy.

My husband and I, and our two daughters, all have Bachelor of Science degrees. Younger daughter actually has two degrees, and older daughter has her PhD. Neither of my parents graduated from college, and they worked their butts off so I could, and hubby and I worked our butts off so our daughters could.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter