Have you got a degree?

Of course, I have never been asked to show or prove my degree. My work history was all the mattered.
Someone on our team said they had a PhD, then a couple years later it was discovered they lied about it. Of course they got fired and our journal had to print a correction of all the articles they'd been a co-author on (because it lists degrees/credentials).

Five; apparently I had no direction and no real clear goal in life, hahaha!
AAS in large animal science
AAS in food technology
AAS in human nutrition
BS is food science
MS in food science

No idea where any of them are, except the BS. Cornell gave big, fancy, colorful degrees in my day, definitely frame-worthy, although I've never had it framed. However, I know where it is. The rest? Who knows??
A fellow Cornellian! I graduated with a BA in History, then went on to law school and got my JD.

Someone on our team said they had a PhD, then a couple years later it was discovered they lied about it. Of course they got fired and our journal had to print a correction of all the articles they'd been a co-author on (because it lists degrees/credentials).
Never heard of someone getting fired for that. Especially if they had been successfully doing a job.

I only have my associates in radiology. Worked in Xray for about 7 years and now work as a mammo tech for the last 7 year. I love my job and get paid pretty well so I never really felt the need to go back. Now, all of our lead techs and supervisors are retiring. I am currently about halfway through getting my bachelor’s in healthcare administration. No desire to ever be able a lead tech of mammo, but like having the option to do that at least. I still have another 25 years of working probably so I’ll be happy to have it on my resume.

Never heard of someone getting fired for that. Especially if they had been successfully doing a job.
I think there might have been other issues, so I can't say for sure if they were successfully doing their job or not. Either way, I think lying about having a degree/credential is a pretty big offense. I should add that I work at the intersection of medicine/healthcare and education, both of which are fields that put a very large emphasis on degrees/credentials. But still, lying on a job application is poor form I would think in many fields.

The company I worked for had a department that did employee background checks and they would be able to flag people who were dishonest in their resume/application.

I interviewed for a job at another company that warned me that if there was any inaccurate information in my resume/application, I would not get hired.

Not the same as already being hired but it could potentially be information that came to light afterwards, the company choosing to fire the employee.

If an employee lies on their resume, an employer can terminate the contract (depending on state laws). Some states can impose fines. Even if they don't fire you, it might impact future growth within the company.

I mean, didn't you watch Suits? :)

If an employee lies on their resume, an employer can terminate the contract (depending on state laws). Some states can impose fines. Even if they don't fire you, it might impact future growth within the company.

I mean, didn't you watch Suits? :)
Not only never watched Suits, never heard of it!

BS in Microbiology
BS in nursing
Almost MS in nursing but decided it was a big no for me. (I really should have just finished. You live and learn!!)

BBA in Accounting
MA in Teaching
MS in Accounting & Finance

All needed to teach at my college

The OP asked about degree or not. If you work for government or a DEI company I would get as many degrees you can. Seems both of those value certificates over common sense.

Not only never watched Suits, never heard of it!
I only recently discovered the show. The whole premise is based on someone who is hired by a law firm but has no law degree and never went to law school. He is brilliant and can do the job but the numerous lies he and his boss tell cause a lot of grief. I didn't think I'd like it but ended up watching the entire series.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter