• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have you request and recieved connecting rooms??

Connecting rooms...

• I have always gotten my request of connecting rooms

• a little more than 1/2 the time I have gotten connecting rooms

• way less than 1/2 time I gotten connecting rooms

• never gotten connecting when I have requested it

• Best I have gotten is rooms next to each other

• Rooms not even close to each other...

• Just want to see the results!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
I have two rooms at CR booked for 1 Weds night in OCtober... I requested connecting (with a door) as my kids are 6, 4, 2... I was informed (as always) that connecting rooms are a request and can not be garenteed (ack.. sorry about the spelling)

So that got me thinking........

How often does one get their request for connecting rooms...

Poll on it's way.... lol

We have stayed at Pop Century twice with connecting rooms as our children are 11, 8,7 and 4. I was told that when young children are involved, connecting rooms are guaranteed.

at CBR in 99 we got our requested connecting rooms with our friends from college and in 04 at POP we did with my inlaws.

dsnymomof4 said:
We have stayed at Pop Century twice with connecting rooms as our children are 11, 8,7 and 4. I was told that when young children are involved, connecting rooms are guaranteed.

And I was told it was still a request..... I hope your right!!! :flower:

We have reservations for connecting rooms at the POR in Sept for our family of five (Me, DH, DS13, DS11, DD9). we were told that we would be guaranteed connecting rooms because of the age of our children.

Connecting rooms are 'guaranteed' in that if there are any available you will be at the top of the list for assignments. If there are none available then you will not get them.

dsnymomof4 said:

Same here - was told that if the kids are under 18, they MUST be in connecting room...

It seems that the majority of the time I do NOT get it at first and then after some discussions at the fron desk they usually can accomodate, however there have been times when, even after a long discussion at the front desk, we were not able to get connecting rooms. They usually try to give us adjoining (not connecting) and think that will be ok.

tn_disney_addict said:
Same here - was told that if the kids are under 18, they MUST be in connecting room...
Ok.... but they had DH booked with the 2yo and me booked with the 6 and 4 yo... so there is an adult in each room....

What worries me is the CR tower rooms can sleep 5, so I hope us ONLY have 3 kids doesnt swing it...

If no connecting tower rooms were availble I would be willing to take connecting garden rooms, but I wont toss that out until it looks futile! I am hoping that midweek end of September (before F&W and MNSSHP) for one night is a good thing! :rotfl2:

And I suppose it is only for ONE night... THE night before our FIRST Disney Cruise! They could put a couple of tents in the parking lot (facing MK of course) and we would be happy!

I only requested connecting rooms once and that was at AKL. It was DH, me, our 2 DD's (2 and 12 at the time) and DD's friend in one room and my parents in the other. The request was granted.

I've only done connecting rooms once at Pop Century and it was "guaranteed". I got it when I checked in and it was about 7pm. I did ask for a king in one room and two doubles in the other - didn't get that. Both rooms had doubles. However there are very few kings at Pop and we were in the preferred building (discounts were gone for regular building when I booked), so that limited it even more, so I was not surprised.

There was my DH, me and DS14 and DD12. This was in March 2004.

Have requested connecting rooms several times and always gotten them... ASMu, POP and CSR. :cool1:

Tried to get connecting room last month at CR to no avail. Called it, faxed it and begged at check in. I think they were constrained by some of the remodels in the Tower and the complete rehab of the South Garden Wing. I do hear that they are better in your circumstance. We wanted connecting with my parents so it'd be easier to put the baby to bed.

TarGander said:
We have reservations for connecting rooms at the POR in Sept for our family of five (Me, DH, DS13, DS11, DD9). we were told that we would be guaranteed connecting rooms because of the age of our children.

::yes::

I was wondering the same thing ::MickeyMo . My first choice would be to have two connecting rooms at a moderate resort and my second choice would be to share a room at a deluxe. :) :goodvibes

We went with three families and asked for connecting rooms and one adjoining at POFQ and had no trouble...Called for the POFQ for next August and asked for connecting rooms and when the ressies came two weeks ago, it said connecting garenteed. We have 4 teenagers and two adults, they split the kids up two and two. We have never had any problem when we make this request.
:cool1:

I requested connectig rooms at CBR for the 5 of us--3DSs. I asked about the chances of actually getting it--and was told by a really nice and funny CM that "Mickey doesn't want kids to be on their own" and that it was definitely guaranteed. The ressie confirmation I got in the mail did list it as guaranteed. Maybe it's the ages of my kids? Have since switched to the YC, tho, with the AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter