Have you started battling the leaves yet this fall?

I'll have ds mow this week to get what's on there now and next week to get what's down then.
After that I'll wait till they all come down to do anything else. Probably rake and blow some and mulch the rest with the mower.
I have neighbors that are out there every other day blowing and raking. I just don't care that much about it to do that.

I miss seeing the changing colors of leaves in person. I don't even know what seasons are anymore.

we are projected to have wind gusts up to 60 mph today-i suspect the ground will resemble a patchwork quilt of fall colors tomorrow.

Had to rake my front yard the first of many times today. Many, many, many times.

Oh my gosh - this is the first year we don't have a landscaper to do the leaves - I'm doing them myself, lord help me.

Not yet. Late November, early December is when the leaves from some trees drop. In the spring it’s worse from the live oak trees dropping leaves.

Leaves haven't started falling here yet. Once they do I'll just mow them along with the rest of the yard. The Saturday before Thanksgiving is my usual date to do a final mow and rake whatever leaves are left.

We have trees at the back of our lot, but the leaves don’t get in the way of anything, so I don’t really battle them - - nature's mulch.

Last edited:
Michigan here.....DH just did Round One. He usually does about 6-7 rounds in the fall. We have many trees mostly maple and some walnuts in our yard.

We basically live in the woods in the city, so our yard is already covered. We've blown the driveway, deck, and sidewalk a couple of times so far and they need it again. We use the lawn mower weekly for mulching the leaves. I will also rake the leaves out from around the house, flower beds, trees, etc., to be mulched by the lawn mower. This will continue through Dec, at least. Then, we'll take a break until March-ish when stuff starts to bloom and turn green again. We're in the Southern US, so our growing season is long. We still have plenty of green and leaves on the trees, so we're just getting started here.

I absolutely hate it. When we bought our house 17yrs ago in an older neighborhood with tons of trees and acre plots within city limits, I was in love with all of the shade and the mature look. It only took a couple of years of dealing with the leaves from the 20 trees in our yard to be over it. But, we're cheap and aren't able to afford regular lawn service, so we'll keep doing it and complaining, lol.

Yep, here in central Va. Front yard we just mow/mulch over. The back yard is shady, and I'm trying to grow grass for the zillionth time. So I"ve been raking back there. Found a good shadescapes grass blend, and I want it to grow!!

Got rid of every tree in my yard and my neighbor cut the one they had close to my yard down so no more trees or leaves! Yeah!

Got rid of every tree in my yard and my neighbor cut the one they had close to my yard down so no more trees or leaves! Yeah!
I'd be so sad. One of the things I like most is how absolutely stunning the trees are this time of year.

We live in GA, and have tons of trees. You can't even see our house in some aerial shots.
Kids did the front yard just to have a pile to jump in. I'll blow them into the woods (the leaves, not the kids) when they are done.
I'll just run the mower with the bagger to deal with leaves, until I forget...and they pile up so high I can't... then I'll gripe, and get out the rake and blowers and pledge to never let it get that bad again, until it does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter