Have You Turned On Your Heat Yet?

Yep, about 10 days ago, when it got down to 62 in the house. I work from home, and it was just too cold.

I'm in Mass and still at a no - I have not turned the heat on heat. But at night the house keeps getting below the lowest setting on the thermostat & the heat turns on of its own accord.

Normally the heat would be on, but I just bought this house in March & am currently in process of having a heat pump install so I can ditch the geriatric oil tank and rusty furnace. The oil tank is approximately empty (not sure how much is left, it says empty) and I refuse to fill it, and don't want to use up whatever dregs are left in there so it is hopefully available on the really frigid nights until the heat pump install is complete.

I put a sweater on the dog for during the day - at night he is cozy under the covers keeping me warm.

72152717408__FA327A17-18F0-4692-88B5-2425041BCDA1.jpeg

Last edited:
I turned ours on mid-October. My husband would leave it off forever if I let him. The outside overnight temps were around zero and our inside temps were mid-50’s when I put my foot down and turned it on. That storm passed and we have warmed up a bit, so we’ve had stretches where it was turned off, but when the house temp gets to the low 60’s I’m turning it on. I love to bundle up, but there are limits!

I put a sweater on the dog for during the day - at night he is cozy under the covers keeping me warm.
And he's looking handsome in his sweater!

We put ours on, my husband kept saying the dogs said they were cold...It's set to 65 but we also have a fireplace in the sitting room and pellet stove in the basement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter