• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Have your parents always liked your choice in career?

They were farmers who taught me to farm as well. I can only assume they were happy with their choice.

Never got to have an adult relationship with Dad.

Mom has no idea what I do for a living. She is always saying, "I thought you worked in an office." I'm the grunt worker of research and development of plastics manufacturing. Means I'm one of the experts in the process of our equipment and produce all trial materials. I have an office where I do paperwork and fill out the analysis reports, but I'm in the trenches next to the production folk operating extruders and expanders.

My mom never said anything but I’m sure she was “fine” with what I did. My dad doesn’t think I do much and everyone else is my family has a harder job and works harder than I do because their jobs are more “physical” and unlike them I have the ability to work from home (I’m an Accounting Supervisor for a Fortune 100 company)

My dad was always happy. He just wanted me to chose a career I loved.

My mom never outright said it, but I know she was disappointed I didn't go back for my masters. I still believe she thought I wasted my bachelors, but in fact I would have never been hired if I didn't have it.

I will say this, my mom definitely likes and takes full advantage of the benefits she receives from my chosen career. Even retired, she still gets them.

I lost my Dad when I was a teenager but I am sure he would have been proud of me no matter what I chose the same way my Mom is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter