Haven't been in two years - Max Pass question

Maddysdaddy

DIS Veteran
Hi all.

My family will be at DCA on Friday March 22. By the time our flight lands at LAX, we pick up our rental car, drive to Anaheim and drop our bags at the Grand Californian, it will be 1:30/2pm.

Given how late we're arriving at the park, and since we're not hopping to DL that day, is there any point in obtaining MP for the three of us, or should we just cross our fingers that there might still be a few paper FP's available? Given that MP wasn't in use on our last visit, I have nothing I can use as a reference point to suggest whether or not I should add it when we get to the park.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thx.

Hi all.

My family will be at DCA on Friday March 22. By the time our flight lands at LAX, we pick up our rental car, drive to Anaheim and drop our bags at the Grand Californian, it will be 1:30/2pm.

Given how late we're arriving at the park, and since we're not hopping to DL that day, is there any point in obtaining MP for the three of us, or should we just cross our fingers that there might still be a few paper FP's available? Given that MP wasn't in use on our last visit, I have nothing I can use as a reference point to suggest whether or not I should add it when we get to the park.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! Thx.

Well, the availability won't be any different. If they were out of paper FPs they will also be out of MaxPass FPs. The only real advantage is that you could start booking one as soon as you scan into the park as opposed to walking to a machine to pull the FPs. It's a minor advantage. Also, I would bet there will still be some availability around that time, though it may be later at night. If you are planning on staying out late on your arrival day, you should be okay.

You can check FP availability on the app when you get there and decide if it’s worth it for you given what’s available at that time.

You can also pick up cancelled FPs with Maxpass.

There may be helpful info for you here, particularly if you go down a few posts and check out the “FP availability” post that’s linked: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...view-and-some-strategy.3726246/#post-60074882

DD and I arrived on a Sunday around 5p (park closed at midnight) and opted to get MaxPass. I felt it was worth it and can't remember the exact number but did get quite a few FP's with it. We also utilized it for the photopass making it a better deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter