• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haven't been to Disney Hollywood Studios in quite a while......

escriven75

Mouse bars for breakfast!!!
We've skipped DHS the last few years to double up on other parks but we're going back during our upcoming Oct stay and I have questions....so many questions.
The day we plan to go 10/22, regular hours are 9a-8p. I see Fantasmic is at 8pm so we'll plan on that. But I also see 'Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular' at 8:30pm. Is it reasonable that a person can see both? Does it matter that official park close is 8pm? Are there any other new nuggets besides Toy Story Land that have popped up in the last 3 yrs that anyone recommends we see/do?
Then there is food. We need food. We usually snack on popcorn and whatnot during actual mealtimes to avoid crowds, no dining plan....where oh where should we eat?
We got our FP+ but not for Slinky. If we decide to wait in line for it, is it worthwhile to try first thing in the morning?

We watched fantasmic and the star wars had already started by the time we were walking out of the theater. They send you way down a back way to come out right at the entrance. I did notice the was some taped off space available right where we came out at. You are going to miss some of one of the shows. You could leave fantasmic a few minutes early to beat the crowd out or miss the first few minutes of star wars.

We have seen both in the same night, but it takes some planning. We sit close to the exit in the upper area of the theater. We figure Mickey wins the battle...again...so we duck out right as he defeats all evil...again. We scoot out to Hollywood Blvd and, though we are far away, the fireworks are great and so worth watching. Then we lead the herd back to the busses. Ahhh! Disney Fun!

We have seen both in the same night, but it takes some planning. We sit close to the exit in the upper area of the theater. We figure Mickey wins the battle...again...so we duck out right as he defeats all evil...again. We scoot out to Hollywood Blvd and, though we are far away, the fireworks are great and so worth watching. Then we lead the herd back to the busses. Ahhh! Disney Fun!
Love this response! I was going to say, as soon as you see Mickey driving his steamboat, head for the exit!

Thanks all....we've seen Fantasmic, although it has been a while and the kids were little....but we've NEVER seen Star Wars. So, we'll scoot out early and head to see the fireworks! Walking at a decent clip, how long should it take to get from the exit of Fantasmic to wherever the Star Wars fireworks are held?

In my very humble opinion, Fantasmic is so much better than that sad Star Wars show that I wouldn’t DARE leave Fantasmic early to see it. Missing the end of Fantasmic is a worse crime to me than missing the beginning of the temporary, shoe-horned-in Star Wars “show.” (I use the term “show” very loosely.)

Again, just my very personal opinion. And I say this as a Star Wars fan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter