• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Haven't gone on trip yet and already been upgraded!

madalex

DIS Veteran
Back in October, I booked a trip to WDW for Feb 14 - 17, 2010. At the time, I booked a club level, garden view room at the Yacht Club. Yesterday, Disney sent me an e-mail confirming my reservation, which I thought was kind of odd as I have never before received a new reservation confirmation a couple days before a trip.

When I looked at the confirmation, it showed that my reservation was for a lagoon view room. I did not even focus on this until (also yesterday) I made a room request through the YC IPO and they told me the rooms I had requested were garden view rooms, but my reservation was for a lagoon view. Sure enough, I looked more closely at the reservation and it now says that it is for a lagoon view.

On top of this, I made the reservation using a passholder code/discount, so I was already getting 40% off the garden view room rate. The price has not changed, so now I am getting an even bigger discount off the lagoon view room rate.

I was already very excited for this trip (so I could get away from the cold for a few days) and getting an upgrade even before I arrive only makes it even better. :yay:

We have had some of the same Pixie Dust too:wizard:
I booked our 1BR villa at BLT online and booked a Standard View room. Confirmation came through and we have a BL view on our ressie:thumbsup2

Awesome! Take lots of pics for us, DH loves staying at the YC and there is so little about the CL and the LV room pics out there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter