• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checking in briefly to report that we got back Friday afternoon from a wonderful trip! :goodvibes I'll post a mini TR later (when I wake up..;) ).

I still love the Grand! :love:

Now I'm going to go back and read a few pages to see what you guys have been up to without me! :rotfl:

Like zees?!:rotfl:

DSCN1798_zps9be790db.jpg

Your wish is my command!;) Two for one - oh, and a couple potato wedges for good measure. (we ordered a side, I think, and split)

I knew you would whip out your picture stash and find just the right one to answer my challenge!:lmao: There's that limp, greasy, cold bacon Disney is famous for:thumbsup2 I will say the pic of the GFC citrus pancakes looks a bit more appetizing. Would love to hear feedback from someone if the pancakes have orange in them or is it just the compound butter.....

And speaking of bacon. :laughing: Best bacon with breakfast I had this trip was from.... Drumroll, please.... Picabu's at the Dolphin! Large, thick pieces of perfectly cooked, crispy bacon! Yum!

Of course......it was bacon made by a NON Disney restaurant. When we stayed at YC, we really enjoyed the food next door at the Dolphin. Picabu had some great tasting items and a nice variety in their daily line up.

We arrive Tuesday, April 29th so it will be a little while. I hit 180 a couple weeks ago. I will try to remember to do a live update while I am lounging with an adult beverage.

Sounds great! You will be there a couple of months before me so I will definitely be watching in spring. Love to relax around the pool in the afternoon with an adult bev. My favorite is the Pina Colava. MMmmmm.....

Just checking in briefly to report that we got back Friday afternoon from a wonderful trip! :goodvibes I'll post a mini TR later (when I wake up..;) ).

Now I'm going to go back and read a few pages to see what you guys have been up to without me! :rotfl:

Welcome back! Looking forward to reading your report.:surfweb:

Weather here is going to be :eek: today.......Light rain starting around noon and then changing over to SNOW!! Ugh......wish I was at GF today..........

All this talk about the Afternoon Tea makes me regretful that we didn't have more time to do it this past trip. It was something I really wanted to try. I think it would be very nice on a private balcony - or in the dining room. Next time.

And speaking of bacon. :laughing: Best bacon with breakfast I had this trip was from.... Drumroll, please.... Picabu's at the Dolphin! Large, thick pieces of perfectly cooked, crispy bacon! Yum!

There's always something for next time!::yes::

LOL about the bacon at Picabu. We've always had good bacon and sausage at Fresh, though it has been years since we've gone there. Buffets just aren't for us, we can't eat enough in one sitting to make it a good value.

We arrive Tuesday, April 29th so it will be a little while. I hit 180 a couple weeks ago. I will try to remember to do a live update while I am lounging with an adult beverage.

We look forward to your live update from the pool!:beach:

Welcome back, sounds like you had a magical stay, as always.:cloud9: Can't wait to read your review.

I knew you would whip out your picture stash and find just the right one to answer my challenge!:lmao: There's that limp, greasy, cold bacon Disney is famous for:thumbsup2 I will say the pic of the GFC citrus pancakes looks a bit more appetizing. Would love to hear feedback from someone if the pancakes have orange in them or is it just the compound butter.....

Of course......it was bacon made by a NON Disney restaurant. When we stayed at YC, we really enjoyed the food next door at the Dolphin. Picabu had some great tasting items and a nice variety in their daily line up.

Weather here is going to be :eek: today.......Light rain starting around noon and then changing over to SNOW!! Ugh......wish I was at GF today..........

I think the citrus pancakes are prettier, too. The mac nut are still the favorite, we always ask for extra mac nut butter. Mmmm, I could go for some right now!:teeth: (I need a drool smilie, lol)

LOL about the delicious bacon obviously being from outside WDW! True, true. We have always enjoyed the food at the Dolphin, years ago the Fountain had great sandwiches and fries/onion rings. We need to check it out again next time we are in the Epcot resort area.

DD and I were surprised last year to find we enjoyed ESPN Club, their food is pretty good and reasonable for WDW. We hadn't been there in years.

Ugh about the snow.:headache: It has been grey skies and rainy days here for over a week now, I'm SICK of it! Had a couple clear days, but today we are due for more rain in the afternoon. I should be glad we don't have snow!:eek: The temps have stayed in the upper 50s/mid-60s, thankfully.

Wish we were all at the GF today!:lovestruc

Crispy bacon in my favorite :goodvibes. We've never eaten at Picabu's, but I always see people recommending it here on the boards.

April will be here before you know it ::yes::. Can't wait to read your live updates.

Welcome back :goodvibes. Glad you had a great time and can't wait for your TR :).

I see you're from WI....we are in NWI, not too far from Chicago and the suburbs and we are expecting the same weather.....up to 6 inches of snow :faint:. I am so not ready for that.

Ugh about the snow.:headache: It has been grey skies and rainy days here for over a week now, I'm SICK of it! Had a couple clear days, but today we are due for more rain in the afternoon. I should be glad we don't have snow!:eek: The temps have stayed in the upper 50s/mid-60s, thankfully.

Wish we were all at the GF today!:lovestruc

I'd give anything for those temps :laughing:......we're in the low 40s with it dropping as the day goes on when the rain turns to snow :eek:.

.... we are expecting the same weather.....up to 6 inches of snow :faint:. I am so not ready for that.

I'd give anything for those temps :laughing:......we're in the low 40s with it dropping as the day goes on when the rain turns to snow :eek:.

:faint: Up to 6 inches of snow! I'll have to ask my oldest when I talk with him today - he's in Libertyville, he's likely to get similar weather. He'll be happy, he likes snow, just not the extended winters you guys get up there.;)

I know, I know...my complaints about our weather sound a little whiny.:teeth: We should be glad we don't have any snow or sleet or ice in the forecast. (we tend to get more ice than snow in the last decade or so)

Thank you everyone for such kind wishes about DD. She is slowly getting better, getting her to drink fluids is a battle but she is a stubborn 7 year old.

On a happier note first thing this morning I booked a week at VGF in a studio for next October. When I asked DH if he wanted to stay somewhere else he laughed at me and said "of course not, the Grand is perfect."

:faint: Up to 6 inches of snow! I'll have to ask my oldest when I talk with him today - he's in Libertyville, he's likely to get similar weather. He'll be happy, he likes snow, just not the extended winters you guys get up there.;)

I know, I know...my complaints about our weather sound a little whiny.:teeth: We should be glad we don't have any snow or sleet or ice in the forecast. (we tend to get more ice than snow in the last decade or so)

It's raining here now and the temps are supposed to drop as the afternoon goes on, with the rain changing to snow :faint:. My DS can't wait to see those flakes because he wants to get out on his snowmobile :rotfl::rotfl:.

DD and I were surprised last year to find we enjoyed ESPN Club, their food is pretty good and reasonable for WDW. We hadn't been there in years.

We have never been to ESPN Club but I may need to go check out that menu:surfweb:

I see you're from WI....we are in NWI, not too far from Chicago and the suburbs and we are expecting the same weather.....up to 6 inches of snow :faint:. I am so not ready for that.

Excuse my blond roots(that have turned grey).....but what is NWI? Northern Wisconsin? or WI? We are actually in a suburb of Milwaukee to the west called Delafield.

Ugh...had to scrape ice off my car windows when I left work today:sad1:

Weather here is bad today too..

84 and sunny....:scared:

:duck:

Pfft....show off.......:upsidedow

Excuse my blond roots(that have turned grey).....but what is NWI? Northern Wisconsin? or WI? We are actually in a suburb of Milwaukee to the west called Delafield.

Ugh...had to scrape ice off my car windows when I left work today:sad1:

I'm sorry.....Northwest Indiana :).

We aren't to the ice stage yet, but it is snowing pretty good here right now :crazy2:.

A beautiful sunrise indeed. Dh keeps thanking me for a grand trip :) . Will post more , I just have to catch up at work! Had room 4329 then 4030. Anybody else have those? They were great:goodvibes

Thank you everyone for such kind wishes about DD. She is slowly getting better, getting her to drink fluids is a battle but she is a stubborn 7 year old.

On a happier note first thing this morning I booked a week at VGF in a studio for next October. When I asked DH if he wanted to stay somewhere else he laughed at me and said "of course not, the Grand is perfect."

I just realized we were posting at the same time earlier. Glad to hear your DD is doing better :). Congrats on booking VGF next October. LOL on your DH.....but he is right.....the GF is perfect ::yes::.

A beautiful sunrise indeed.

Thanks for the pic. Hope you're having a grand time :wizard:.

I'm sorry.....Northwest Indiana :).

We aren't to the ice stage yet, but it is snowing pretty good here right now :crazy2:.

HAHAHA Northwest Indiana makes sense! I just kept thinking....something didn't make sense cuz North WI is not near Chicago burbs...lol....but NW Indiana sure is:rotfl: Those darn acronyms can get so confusing when they have multiple meanings. No offense, but I hate traveling through Indiana in snow and ice because the road conditions, in my experience, were just awful. As soon as we would cross the line into IL the roads were instantly better. What's up with that? Is it my bad luck?

Just left GFV this morning, after years of wanting to stay at the GF we were not disappointed. We had a 6th floor deluxe studio room 1605 and it was amazing! Had a view of the entrance fountain, monorail and pool to the right.

I love the Grand! Can't wait to check in next month. Has anyone ever stayed in a room with a lagoon view? How far a walk is to the monorail and main lobby?

A beautiful sunrise indeed. Dh keeps thanking me for a grand trip :) . Will post more , I just have to catch up at work! Had room 4329 then 4030. Anybody else have those? They were great:goodvibes

Hey Trish! Did you have a great time or what? We sure did...I miss the GF already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter