Having a GRAND time - the NEW Official GF Chat Thread PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone! It is Friday!!:yay:

Welcome Lisa- you have a beautiful family.:)

I have not had a chance to catch up on the thread. I am MAKING myself work the last few days to try and catch up so I am not sooo crazy all the time.

Channing~ Have an AWESOME trip. I know you will. Take lots of pics and try to check in. I am sure you and the girls are going to have a blast!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

I wanted to share this quick story. Most of you know my husband is a farmer and also works full time so things are really crazy right now with harvest. He is soo tired working 14-16 hour days. He was home last night since it rained and came in the house about 8:00. He was checking the grain markets etc (which still sucks) and says to me that he cannot wait to go to WDW and he hopes the crowds are lower due to the economy.

I could not believe it. I almost had tears in my eyes! Here is a man who I know enjoys going but never mentions it to me. I catch him talking about it to others but never a word to me and he roles his eyes every time I bring up WDW.

Anyways...had to share. (may be a little dopey but oh well) I hope he loves the GF!!

Hi everyone! Another crazy day yesterday. Today should be a little slower after lunch.
A girlfriend of mine works at Kohls and she has always told me what great sales they have there. Yesterday I ran in because all of DDs clothes I bought her for back to school are falling off her! :confused3 I think she may have grown a little taller and lost some of her tummy! :) So I didnt want to spend a fortune because I already had before school...Went in and they had pants for $6! :thumbsup2 She is only a 6X so I cant say what there older stuff looks like but man I walked out of there getting a birthday gift, 3 pants, 3 shirts for $50! And a $10 coupon to come back next month! Boy, either I havent been shopping and prices have come down or they are giving stuff away! And when I showed J she was like :eek: in a good way!

V~Hi how are things! Man I am sorry to hear that your DH is working long hours. Have the crops been good this year despit the crazy weather?

Hi Lisa..I always feel funny about welcoming someone to a thread that is not mine but welcome! :goodvibes

Chan! Are you all ready??? The girls? I am jealous! We have gone the last couple of years for Halloween but I chose Christmas this year....DS has been watching our Disney 06 and that Boo to you song is all he can sing! Have a great time! I hope I can talk to you before you go! Be safe! :flower3:

Good Morning Gals :surfweb:.

I am SO GLAD it's Friday :banana: :banana:!!!!!

Chan ~ One more day to get through and you're off to Disney :dance3:. Go and have a great time with your girls :goodvibes.

Traci ~ Another day gone......now you're down to 7 days :cool1: :cool1:!!! Good luck with the packing :).

Mandy ~ Have a great time today :yay:. I'm glad your dad is doing much better and that he and your mom may be able to go with you and your family next week :thumbsup2.

Vanessa ~ I haven't even stayed at the GF yet but I know your DH will love it once he gets there :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2. It sounds like he's REALLY in need of a vacation with all the hours he's been working :faint:. You are going to have a great time......plus with it being Christmas will make it that much nicer :santa: :santa:.

Hi to everyone else :wave: (BlueSkies, Kristin, Annette, Kelly, Lisa, Dawn, and anyone else I'm missing).

Hope everyone enjoys their Friday :wizard:.

Deb :flower3:

Hi everyone! Another crazy day yesterday. Today should be a little slower after lunch.
A girlfriend of mine works at Kohls and she has always told me what great sales they have there. Yesterday I ran in because all of DDs clothes I bought her for back to school are falling off her! :confused3 I think she may have grown a little taller and lost some of her tummy! :) So I didnt want to spend a fortune because I already had before school...Went in and they had pants for $6! :thumbsup2 She is only a 6X so I cant say what there older stuff looks like but man I walked out of there getting a birthday gift, 3 pants, 3 shirts for $50! And a $10 coupon to come back next month! Boy, either I havent been shopping and prices have come down or they are giving stuff away! And when I showed J she was like :eek: in a good way!

V~Hi how are things! Man I am sorry to hear that your DH is working long hours. Have the crops been good this year despit the crazy weather?

Hi Lisa..I always feel funny about welcoming someone to a thread that is not mine but welcome! :goodvibes

Chan! Are you all ready??? The girls? I am jealous! We have gone the last couple of years for Halloween but I chose Christmas this year....DS has been watching our Disney 06 and that Boo to you song is all he can sing! Have a great time! I hope I can talk to you before you go! Be safe! :flower3:

Crops are great. Harvest is SLOW...too much rain. It has never gone on this long. Hopefully we will be done by the time we leave for Christmas!

Did you decide where you are staying?? I have never seen the Shades of Green but they say it is walking distance to the Poly. That is nice and the price is just awesome!!

Hi Deb and Kelly!!! :) Glad to see I am not the only early bird!!!

Funny that You ask V! My DH said to go to SoG then last night he said..."I dont want to stay there really. It is Christmas..." Ugghh! He is driving me crazy! Just when I had settled on the fact that I was staying there, he drops that! I am going to the looney bin! :upsidedow :dance3: :upsidedow

Funny that You ask V! My DH said to go to SoG then last night he said..."I dont want to stay there really. It is Christmas..." Ugghh! He is driving me crazy! Just when I had settled on the fact that I was staying there, he drops that! I am going to the looney bin! :upsidedow :dance3: :upsidedow

I totally understand. We are DVC members and I am paying cash at the GF just to stay there for the whole Christmas thing! I wanted it to be special...and hopefully it will be.:santa: Any other time of the year and I would have stayed at BCV...no question.

When I look at how hard dh is working etc I am glad for my decision but then I turn on the tv and with the economy..it makes me feel a little sick!

Good luck...you better hold that room at the GF!

Good Morning everyone!!!

Welcome Lisa ~ :wave2: Your family is beautiful!!!

Channing, Mandy and Traci ~ I am so excited for you guys!!!

Channing ~ I don't know if you saw my other post, but if you could get a time line on the pin board at the GF my DD would appreciate it. She really doesn't believe me that they have one!!!

Vanessa ~ Sweet story, my Dh doesn't mention going until about 2 weeks before and I know the eye roll!!!!! Thats why I am here, with people that appreciate constant Disney chatter!!!:banana:

my Dh doesn't mention going until about 2 weeks before and I know the eye roll!!!!! Thats why I am here, with people that appreciate constant Disney chatter!!!:banana:

I'm with ya on this one :thumbsup2. My DH can take a little Disney talk, but after awhile he zones out and doesn't hear a word I say :lmao:. I'm glad I have you gals who love to chat Disney, cuz my family can only take so much of it from me :rotfl: :rotfl:. I always get the sighs, the eye rolls, the shaking of heads, etc :laughing:.

Morning, all.

Annette!! YES!! Sorry...I did see your post about the pin board. I will try and remember to find out. AND I will be checking in because I am going to be there with two kids....I will need the adult interaction I am sure. DD12 will be reading and DD8 will be playing with her dolls.;)

Vanessa, that is awesome. So your DH has a secret love for WDW.:cool1: I was kind of thinking the same thing of crowds being lower due to the economy but I have been reading that they are SUMMERLIKE crowds right now. :eek: :eek: I was counting on empty Main Street and no lines for anything....and always sitting on the monorails.....UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH well. I have been there in summer and spring breaks and holidays...we can handle it.:)

Traci,
I do the same stuff with laying it all out.....I have rolling Eddie B duffles I use...they expand.:rotfl: Plus apparently my luggage has a reputation.:rotfl2: I have used the smaller rolling duffle for myself...YES I did cram all my crap inot it...except shoes..they need their own bag. But then I am going to use one ex large roller for the girls to share & bring two smaller duffles...one with shoes and the other toiletries. PITA. Plus I always bring another empty one to have because nothing ever goes back in the same way it did at home.

Siobhan.
..seriously, if that GF opens up again SNAG IT! Your DH will be changing his mind 100 times but you have to get it when you can. Colin pulls that on me and then by the time he makes up his mind all the AAA or AP rates are gone. I learned...I do what I want. Inevitably what I want is what we do.:rotfl:

Deb...I
hope you find out what happened to your paper. :mad: That whole thing is shady.

I am glad it is Friday but I am getting even more nervous about going 1200 miles from home with two kids.:guilty: Sick to my stomach nervous.:scared:

TTYL...have to get ready to walk in a bit.

Chan

Ok is there an easy way, that I do not know if to get to the subscribed threads. I am feeling a little challenged here!

Thanks for any help
Lisa

Hey everyone!!

How is it going today? Today is my DH's bday and I cant wait for him to get home. I am making a cake for him....

Hi After speaking with Chan she has promted me to come out of lurkdom... Hi my name is Lisa we are going to be at the GF next month for My Twin Daughter & Sons 12th Birthday. Hee hee this is more for Mom than the rest altough they ddi request the GF I need the break......

I really don't think it is right that we do all the work with the kids and on thier Birthdays they get the presents......Anyone Agree. I think we should get [resents too! So I said Honey let's take the twins to Disney for the long weekend for thier birthday and he said SURE!!!!
Here is a family pic from our trip to disneythis past June
image109.jpg

Welcome to the GF chat thread! Wonderful picture! Where are you from in MA, there are several of us from New England.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I happened across it this morning. Some of you have been a great help on the GF FAQ thread, so thanks for that.

My name is Pammi, mother of two boys 2 & 7 and there is a hubby too. We're flying to Orlando on Sunday AM for our first trip to Disney. We're staying at the GF. I'm bursting with excitement. :goodvibes

Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping on this thread. I happened across it this morning. Some of you have been a great help on the GF FAQ thread, so thanks for that.

My name is Pammi, mother of two boys 2 & 7 and there is a hubby too. We're flying to Orlando on Sunday AM for our first trip to Disney. We're staying at the GF. I'm bursting with excitement. :goodvibes

Have a wonderful vacation!!! :yay: :yay: and WELCOME Pammi :)

Hi all!!!

I am taking the day off from working out!! :banana: I did it for 4 straight days this week and my poor thighs need a break! (Wow- Tag Fairy- please pass that comment right up! :rotfl: )

Chan- Happy Packing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traci- has Mickey come yet bringing gifts for the kids?? Make sure you take a picture of the loot :thumbsup2

As for crowds, we went in October in 2005 and it was more crowded than I thought it would be (End of August and early December seemed to be less crowded) But Chan, you have done Christmas week, Easter and 4thof July- DONT WORRY! It isn't going to be bad at all for you gals!

Kel- I ALMOST called last night when the Sox won that game!! :cool1: (Sorry Mandy!) I am supposed to be cheering for the Rays but that was SO EXCITING- especially when Big Papi hit out of the park!!! It has made for a fun series for sure!

Welcome Pammi!! Don't laugh, but I had a cabbage patch doll named pammi marianne back in the day, so your name made me smile :goodvibes Enjoy your trip!!!!!!

Lisa- to get to your subscribed threads, click on the "Private Message" link in the yellos user profile box on the top right of the screen. You will go into a new screen. Click "list subscriptions" on the left to get to all your subscribed threads.

Mandy- I hope you are having fun at MK today!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

V- Hooray for DH looking forward to vacay!!! :dance3: That is also good news that the crops are still healthy (albeit too wet to harvest) I am so glad they didn't get wiped out with the spring/summer flooding!

Hi Dawn, Siobhan, Deb, Annette, Marvel, Blue Skies and the rest of the gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter