Having a hard time deciding.

theostwalts

DIS Veteran
We are currently booked for 8 nights for 11/24-12/02 this year. There will be 5 of going 4 adults and our 15 nephew. It will be our nephew's first time so I imagine the trip will be pretty park intensive. We are doing MVMCP one night and will probably do a resort pool day that day before the party. I am trying to compare the pros and cons of a 1br villa, deluxe, POR or 2 connecting values at ASM.

Thoughts or suggestions?

We are currently booked for 8 nights for 11/24-12/02 this year. There will be 5 of going 4 adults and our 15 nephew. It will be our nephew's first time so I imagine the trip will be pretty park intensive. We are doing MVMCP one night and will probably do a resort pool day that day before the party. I am trying to compare the pros and cons of a 1br villa, deluxe, POR or 2 connecting values at ASM.

Thoughts or suggestions?
2 rooms at the AllStar (Music or Movies?).

Two bathrooms. Four real beds. No contest.

I would do two rooms which would like be cheaper than a 1-br villa anyhow.

With four adults and a 15 year old, I would want two rooms or a two bedroom. It sounds like you won't be in the room much and other than using the pool, won't really have resort time, so ASM might be the best choice of the ones you mentioned.

With five adults, I'd be doing either two rooms or a two bedroom villa. A one bedroom villa would be too small.

5 ADULTS = two rooms , I'd pick a value since your resort time is low.

ASMovies is renovating so I would request new rooms with the queen beds and improved bathrooms. Booking Preferred gives you a good chance but I would look at the ASMovie Renovations thread to see where they are at in the process.

Will Pop Warner affect ASM for that week?

POP is November 30 - Dec 8th, so a few day overlap.

5 ADULTS = two rooms , I'd pick a value since your resort time is low.

ASMovies is renovating so I would request new rooms with the queen beds and improved bathrooms. Booking Preferred gives you a good chance but I would look at the ASMovie Renovations thread to see where they are at in the process.

POP is November 30 - Dec 8th, so a few day overlap.

Ok. Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I switched to AS Movies. 2 prefered rooms available still. So we will have 4 beds and two bathrooms for everyone. Plus it came up to a savings of a little over $3,600 off rack rate! I was looking forward to AKV, but maybe another time. We do have one dinner and one breakfast adr at Boma which I will keep. The secret menu at ASMO looks fun too. Guess I’ll watch for AP discounts now! Thanks again!

So here are a few thoughts:

• With essentially 5 adults, for us, we would want 2 bathrooms/showers, otherwise someone has to get up about 2.5 hours before the 5th person in order to get ready in the morning. I'm too impatient for that.
  • There are some 1 bedroom villas that have 2 baths ( Poly, AKL Kindani come to mind - there may be 2 in GF also but that I'm not sure of )
  • AoA Family Suites may also work for you as it is technically a value resort - those also have 2 bathrooms.
  • If you have your heart set on a 1 bedroom villa or even a 2 bedroom look into renting DVC points. If you are flexible the price savings can be quite significant.

OP is traveling the weekend following Thanksgiving of this year. In regards to DVC rentals, that is way too late to be looking for something. There may be a few villas available thru Disney but at this point the pickings are pretty thin for DVC owners.

Yes, all DVC rentals were pretty much gone when we decided to go. I originally had a 1br at Kadini reserved directly but figured we would still be a little tight with basically 5 adults. Me, dw, 2dds (18 and 22) and our nephew who is 15 and as tall as me. Since it is first trip it will probably be pretty Park intensive. 2 rooms at AS Movies were actually cheaper than one suite at AOA.

So here are a few thoughts:

• With essentially 5 adults, for us, we would want 2 bathrooms/showers, otherwise someone has to get up about 2.5 hours before the 5th person in order to get ready in the morning. I'm too impatient for that.
  • There are some 1 bedroom villas that have 2 baths ( Poly, AKL Kindani come to mind - there may be 2 in GF also but that I'm not sure of )
  • AoA Family Suites may also work for you as it is technically a value resort - those also have 2 bathrooms.
  • If you have your heart set on a 1 bedroom villa or even a 2 bedroom look into renting DVC points. If you are flexible the price savings can be quite significant.
There are no one bedroom villas at the Polynesian. The studio has a separated bathroom with a shower and sink on one side and tub/shower sink and toilet on the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter